"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 08:33:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Changelog 23/02/2013  (Read 50273 times)

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
Re: Changelog 23/02/2013
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 05:36:39 pm »

You completely don't understand what I'm talking about, this is not about some alt leveling, not even remotely close to that.

How to understand The Wall  ??
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2013, 05:42:23 pm »

To understand the wall, one, very simple set of principle.

Initial Idling timer, prevents you from playing the game, it delays your ability to do so and it is meaningless, annoying restriction you have to wait out in order to fully play the game.

They say that you have to play the game and risk yourself, then you wouldn't have to wait on anything, but upon entering the game you have 2 minutes of time you cannot play and risk yourself as it would be suicide. So what is the point of the restriction?
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 05:47:08 pm »

Initial Idling timer, prevents you from playing the game, it delays your ability to do so and it is meaningless, annoying restriction you have to wait out in order to fully play the game.
But it makes you cry a daily river of tears so it's absolutely fine for me

avv

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 06:02:15 pm »

I was about to play the game, play the game for the only reason I play it, since there is no other reason for me to be inside the game, but I didn't want to because of Idling timer.

It doesn't restrict you at all if the zone isn't combat zone. But you're talking like every time you want to play, idling timer gets in your way. So if the only style for you to play this game is to enter already existing combat zones, it seems the occasions you want to play are quite rare. This game can't cater perfectly for every style.

Tell me how exactly is that not mean to be played like that, if I want to play, but it restricts me? Showing up faster and risking myself by battling him out?

You didn't scout him. You didn't personally meet that guy with whatever character you had ingame. That's what matters.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2013, 06:11:45 pm »

It doesn't restrict you at all if the zone isn't combat zone. But you're talking like every time you want to play, idling timer gets in your way. So if the only style for you to play this game is to enter already existing combat zones, it seems the occasions you want to play are quite rare. This game can't cater perfectly for every style.

Yeah, I don't play the game very often, only when something interesting happens inside and that is always connected to hostile environment which will be 95% of the time CZ because of players being hostile in it, but if I'm inside it initiating it, all these meaningless restrictions will apply to players outside and I will still have to wait for them to wait out their Idling timer in order to meet them(the game doesn't consist of robots that are glued to the PC, if from a group one or two has Idling timer, the whole group will wait on them and so as the players inside CZ). I have told this many times now, you just defy logic in it's very essence.

My play-style? I'm sorry but we both play the for the same reasons.

It applies 100% times, I experience the timer differently, either I have to wait or I have to wait more on someone else.

What difference does it makes how often I have to experience it waiting it, if the timer doesn't serve any purpose?

You didn't scout him. You didn't personally meet that guy with whatever character you had ingame. That's what matters.

So, your saying this won't apply after I wait some timer out? I will not be with buddies in chat and in team speak, maybe disallow TS3 while at it or make it against the rules to communicate with players outside the game? ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:21:50 pm by T-888 »

Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2013, 06:13:01 pm »

But it makes you cry a daily river of tears so it's absolutely fine for me

Epic  ;D ;D
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra

avv

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2013, 06:39:57 pm »

Yeah, I don't play the game very often, only when something interesting happens inside and that is always connected to hostile environment which will be 95% of the time CZ because of players being hostile in it, but if I'm inside it initiating it, all these meaningless restrictions will apply to players outside and I will still have to wait for them to wait out their Idling timer in order to meet them

It doesn't apply to the first team who enters against you. Unless they decided to bluesuit scout and die.

So, your saying this won't apply after I wait some timer out? I will not be with buddies in chat and in team speak, maybe disallow TS3 while at it or make it against the rules to communicate with players outside the game? ;D

If you wait the timer out, it means you spent time in somewhere unsafe instead of just appearing out of nothingness fully prepared and aware against your opponent. Admittedly worldmap is way too safe still.
If all non-game communication methods were shut down, you could be allowed to start the game without idling timer.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:42:52 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2013, 06:54:56 pm »

It doesn't apply to the first team who enters against you.

How so? Look, real situation.

We do TC or camp in Reno and kill players who enter, now opponent team rings a bell in their TS3/IRC/Mumble etc. etc. they jump and and go to the city and then they still have to wait out their Idling timer and we have to wait on them. Being in base, waiting for taxi, taking extra stuff if needed, these kind of things happen in safe locations and once you reach the city I've noticed that you still have full Idling timer.

If you wait the timer out, it means you spent time in somewhere unsafe instead of just appearing out of nothingness fully prepared and aware against your opponent.

Not sure if you don't understand or don't want to understand just so I wouldn't be right in spite of me being the arrogant T-888,

it is an unguarded location which is meant to be unsafe, but what's the point if some feature tries to prevent the risk? Meaning if I would be inside a city for those few minutes in order to be able to attack that guy "risking" myself, that means some feature would be protecting me from hostility while inside it and in the end I wouldn't risk anything as I'd be waiting out a meaningless restriction.

And it can be waited out in some dark corner of WM with a fast buggy and have completely no risk, so it doesn't work at all.

Admittedly worldmap is way too safe still.
If all non-game communication methods were shut down, you could be allowed to start the game without idling timer.

Are you fucking kidding me? ;D

You still haven't told me, NOBODY HAS, why it is bad that someone can't jump in and play the game right now (not your opinion, otherwise Jovanka and you are just putting yours higher than mine), but he has to wait out something and that makes it right, if he doesn't really risk himself, because he is being protected(that's what you think, in practice nobody risks while being in Idling timer) by the same feature why he does it all and that the risk can be avoided in certain places making it even more pointless?

Answer that directly, can you?

There's good reason why nothing like that is on any other game, I can't mention at least one, because you people fail in basic logic, arrogant it might be, but it is what it is and I'm not gonna lay low or be quite when someone needs to say what needs to be said.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:21:38 pm by T-888 »

avv

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2013, 07:22:04 pm »

We do TC or camp in Reno and kill players who enter

Those players who enter are the first "team" even if they are alone.

You still haven't told me, NOBODY HAS, why it is bad that someone can't jump in and play the game right now

Because nobody does it. For example you yourself don't enter the game unless you know what you're going against. I'd like to meet this player whose rights you're defending. This mysterious person who randomly spawns in towns without any idea what might be there.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2013, 07:49:58 pm »

Hey Jovanka, good luck with banning those proxies. I can rent a 50 ping proxy for 5$ a month and it's not in any database. :)
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

avv

« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2013, 07:59:26 pm »

Hey Jovanka, good luck with banning those proxies. I can rent a 50 ping proxy for 5$ a month and it's not in any database. :)

When money comes into play there's not much that can be done about it. You can also hire a hitman to cut down the electricity of your opponent.
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2013, 08:11:04 pm »

Those players who enter are the first "team" even if they are alone.

But you just deny that they will have to wait for others till they wait their Idling timer in order to meet them, that's it.

What don't you understand about? Where there are players, that will be a combat zone pretty much always.

Just started TC, now have to wait for opponents to gather and wait out till they wait their Idling timer to enter the game!!! Wohoo.

Because nobody does it. For example you yourself don't enter the game unless you know what you're going against. I'd like to meet this player whose rights you're defending. This mysterious person who randomly spawns in towns without any idea what might be there.

Nobody ever will, no matter how well you will deny any external sources of information. So, Idling timer becomes just an annoyance to overcome and it would be better without it.

If someone couldn't know what is happening inside city, that would make it unfair to those who are on world map, because those who are in the city always take the most superior positions to defend, external sources of information only prevents them having absolute advantage with grid camping. There is reason why preview exists at all, you should think about that. Restricting external information will only encourage bluesuit, expendable character scouting, also prevents dual logs, because player doesn't have to use another character to know what's going on.

You still can't answer directly, your talking like everyone should be blind on what is happening in the city, but like in any other game you can, for example, check how many players are playing a certain match without being in game itself, match making systems to know how well the players play so you wouldn't have to utterly fail against them to find it out etc. etc.

That is perfectly normal that players are aware of on going matches without being in game, shouldn't be any different that players know that they have opponents in the game (also how many) and they shouldn't be restricted in any way to play it, that is something universal that applies to any game ...

and you smart asses think your doing some favor by keeping this waste of time? ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:29:36 pm by T-888 »

Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2013, 08:37:57 pm »

Damn u guys dont have better things to do than crying bout idler all day?
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2013, 04:48:40 am »

Maybe PvP on forums is more enjoyable.
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2013, 07:50:39 am »

I wouldn't have to if someone wouldn't crap the server with meaningless features that do more bad than good in their delusion on how they improve the game play or make the game better.

Well, if we start "weighting" then I suppose your right, it is more enjoyable since there is nothing much to do in the game itself.

I always been suspicious about the population, sometimes I think it is actually an illusion just to keep the few existing players in game. I can count approximately the players who do some action in cities, players who idle in them, but when I do the math there's always some huge hole it in and it makes me wonder where is the rest of them and why I never see them no matter where I go or what I do and if their really there what could they possibly be doing all the time for all this time in the session?

Maybe that's why there's nothing to do? ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.