"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 12:30:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Noob questions - again  (Read 1256 times)

Noob questions - again
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:48 pm »

Hi there, I'm new here and have a couple of questions for my (almost) first PVE char:

I'm a kind of a PVE-good-for-nothing-crafter/smg burster/ew crap shooter, got 2 levels left till the 24 lvl cap, already have 46 unused skillpoints and don't quite know what to do with them (I have 180 SG, 112 EW, 50 Doc, 100 Science, 100 Repair, 100 Outdoorsman) The tagged ones are Sm guns, Repair and Science. I could go for 150% repair or science (fixit or dismantler), pump up throwing (got 7 perception), Pump Up doc (for superstims, and some support perks), or even traps (though obtaining plasma grenades is fairly easy methinks).. What's the best course of action? SPECIAL goes like this - ST6 PE7 EN8 CH3 INT8 AG8 LK1.  Perks& Traits: Fast shot/ Brof/ Toughness/Toughness+/Action Boy/Lifegiver/Pack Rat/Gain ST

A side note, for another char: how much lockpick is needed for succesful picking of footlockers? Or at least, most of them? 200/220+Enh. Lockpick Set would be enough?

Re: Noob questions - again
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:42:45 pm »

Hi there, I'm new here and have a couple of questions for my (almost) first PVE char:

I'm a kind of a PVE-good-for-nothing-crafter/smg burster/ew crap shooter, got 2 levels left till the 24 lvl cap, already have 46 unused skillpoints and don't quite know what to do with them (I have 180 SG, 112 EW, 50 Doc, 100 Science, 100 Repair, 100 Outdoorsman) The tagged ones are Sm guns, Repair and Science. I could go for 150% repair or science (fixit or dismantler), pump up throwing (got 7 perception), Pump Up doc (for superstims, and some support perks), or even traps (though obtaining plasma grenades is fairly easy methinks).. What's the best course of action? SPECIAL goes like this - ST6 PE7 EN8 CH3 INT8 AG8 LK1.  Perks& Traits: Fast shot/ Brof/ Toughness/Toughness+/Action Boy/Lifegiver/Pack Rat/Gain ST

A side note, for another char: how much lockpick is needed for succesful picking of footlockers? Or at least, most of them? 200/220+Enh. Lockpick Set would be enough?

Check support perks requirements, maybe you can get some handy ones. Other than that, maybe SG or EW boost.

Or there is another possibility. You can pul all your skill points in Speech, to get 100% Speech. With that, you will have 113Party Pints, allowing you to have some followers (you can further boost this number by using drugs, beer +10PP, mentats +20PP, meaning you can have 143PP total). You can get 2 melee mercs in metal armor mk2 for example. Or 2 unarmed mutants or 2 companions if you use drugs. Additionally, you will be able to lead 3 followers on the world map.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:44 pm »

I'd go for dismantler or pumping up outdoorsman if you do any kind of PvE farming against gangers, raiders, etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:09:56 am »

Yeah 200 should work. Its still possible to open one even with 20% skill.
Everything must change.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:49:48 pm »

my opinion: dont pump anything because its worthless. if i were you i'd pump up energy weapons. with 46 skill points and skillpoints from upcoming 2 levels you will have like ~70 skill points. put them all to ew and your skill will be around 140. its pretty fair for fast shoter especially when your strength is 6 and there's no drawback for strength if you are using laser rifle with 10 action points its 5 shots/turn. the only thing worth to consider which comes to my head.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »

Ok guise, thx for the feedback, i went with EW, but after some hours of playing I decided to make another, similar but not-so char; Here it goes:

ST 6
PE 7
EN 8
CH 1
IN 10
AG 8
L 1

Traits - Fast Shot

The goals for the char are similar, crafting, lockpicking (new) with some limited newb-pvp defense. I decided to drop SG in favor of EW, hence the skills: 100 SG 180 EW 100 Repair 100 Science. Current Level: 20, Unused Skillpoints: 17. At the 24th lvl I'll have 125 (Used Gun Runners smg skillboost and Followers of the A. +2SP sup. perks) Perks - adr. rush, tough, tough+, action boy, gain st, brof. The questions are, what skills to boost now? I could boost traps for mildly safe lockpicking & crafting, but having 2 legs crippled aint much of an issue with brof and a safehouse nearby Also plasma nades are easily obtainable. Doc 100 (now ~ 25) seems more appropriate, with 2 supp. perks, crafting and healing the crippled legs after disarming traps by stepping on them ;) Leftover points may go to traps, or traps 50 & throwing 50+ (i use plasma nades often). Same goes with perks. I think I *should* take the Lifegiver (so I'll have ~180hp), but what then? Another one? Or maybe Man of steel, though the -10% crit doesnt sound very tempting. Or boosting EW to 200 and taking the +3 EW dmg perk? Any ideas?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.