"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:07:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gatling EW Build: Spray and Pray and Better Criticals Perks  (Read 1436 times)

Gatling EW Build: Spray and Pray and Better Criticals Perks
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:06:16 pm »

Hey fellas,

Can anyone explain the Spray and Pray mechanics, and how well does it work? I am testing two 23% critical chance Gatling Laser builds. I have one with Spray and Pray and the other without. Both builds seem to be doing about the same, but there is no real way for me to tell when I don't know what other player's critical modifier is.

My other question is how necessary is the Better Critical perk for a Critical Gatling Laser build? I have tested this one a lot, and without a doubt get a lot more knock downs and impressive damage outputs ... but not as much as anyone would like, I'm afraid. Can this perk be traded for something better, or should I just stay with it?

Thanks in advance fellas :)

Re: Gatling EW Build: Spray and Pray and Better Criticals Perks
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »

critical modifier depends on armor, if you are testing it on bluesuits there will be no difference. spray and pray ignores armors crit modifier so it doesnt matter what armor is the target wearing
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:45:49 am »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I noticed single unaimed shots don't work with spray and pray. I'm am pretty new to this, so this is probably a "no shit" to most of you, but I feel there are few others browsing who may want to know.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:11:46 am »

It's supposed to work with both burst and unaimed.

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Spray_and_Pray

But as it was stated you won't notice a difference on bluesuits. 
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:44:50 am »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I noticed single unaimed shots don't work with spray and pray. I'm am pretty new to this, so this is probably a "no shit" to most of you, but I feel there are few others browsing who may want to know.

Actually, I have noticed a big difference. So for me, it does work :)
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:11:32 pm »

"You literally cover your targets in bullets... one of them is bound to find a hole."

after reading this i was pretty sure its supposed to work only with bursts.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:15:51 pm »

I have two very similar 23% crit EW fast shot builds. I invested Spray and Pray in one of them. Spray and Pray being one of my latest builds, I can't say much about because I only used it for a week. I just have not seen the results I wanted vs 100% DR Metal Armor MII using untargeted shots, and most definitely not against the metal wearing Unity NPC's.  I seem to be doing roughly the same damage output with the build without the perk. Burst critical rates have increased, however. I can't confirm this, because I don't have laser gats pouring out of my rear, but I have noticed doing slightly more criticals.

I do want to mention Better Criticals perk is working as advertised. There is a dramatic difference when causing a critical. Knockdowns and instant death's from players and NPC's alike, are more prevalent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 23 queries.