"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 06, 2024, 08:34:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: This new system realy reminds me a little bit old 'parle?' feature  (Read 12040 times)

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm

btw dunno how you like the new idling system but for me it's as dumb as "parle" was. basically broken pvp for me. there wasn't much action but at least when it happened, it lasted a while, now it's like 1/3 or 1/4 of what was before. not to mention very annoying clickfest while waiting over wm (not even spamming preview, just waiting till others get ready). and if I choose to go to base, I render myself useless in pvp for xx seconds.

have to agree with kilgore. this new system realy reminds me a little bit old 'parle?' feature. proably the whole system was mainly developed for big organisations participating in towncontrol, making pvp even more fuckup. yesterday we made total organisation clusterfuck - few guys entered to town with idle ;o if we had problems so imagine  some newcomers, ncr crafters. in the other hand finally we dont need at least 4-6 alts to go play fonline however if could choose - i would like to back to the old system or just rework this one by simply adding 'no pvp' after loging in.

JovankaB

Re: This new system realy reminds me a little bit old 'parle?' feature
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:29:44 am »

yesterday we made total organisation clusterfuck - few guys entered to town with idle ;o

You can see if you can enter town and PvP. Your clumsy organization can't be an excuse.
Maybe don't relog so frantically and don't make ultra-swarms, you will have less problem.
This is exactly what it's supposed to protect from - lolzo herky-jerky teams that can enter
anytime and squash anything beside equal swarm. And if they fail, relog to another wave,
rinse and repeat. Seems it works as expected, great.

if we had problems so imagine  some newcomers, ncr crafters

Obviously you don't understand how the system works.

i would like to back to the old system or just rework this one by simply adding 'no pvp' after loging in.
The old system made it impossible to PvP by anyone who has enough self-respect to not
level up 4-5 apes (or can borrow them). 'no pvp' after loging in wouldn't prevent you from
keeping multilogs in game so it wouldn't help in anything, you should know it best because
many of your teammates are multilog cheaters caught red handed many times in this and
previous sessions.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:37:43 am »

Your clumsy organization can't be an excuse.
Strong words from someone that was never even a member of an organised group. Whatever else can be said about sot, their organisation was and is quite effective.

It's like we want to help you improve your game, but instead you shoo us with some kind of "you suck, learn to play" excuse. A great show of ignorance, I'd say.

Obviously you don't understand how the system works.
You think so? Then again, stop making changelogs looking like EULA. This game was the most popular when it was SIMPLE and enjoyable. Now it punishes you for logging into it.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:41:53 am »

It's like we want to help you improve your game, but instead you shoo us with some kind of "you suck, learn to play" excuse.

Then propose improvement instead of just "I don't like it, remove it" without providing alternatives.
For example whole team on WM could see if everyone can enter without becoming Idler, etc.

You think so? Then again, stop making changelogs looking like EULA.
As long as you don't relog between alts all the time, it all boils down to 2 things:
- If you see orange town you will be Idler. That's because you just logged in or were idling in safe places. So wait on WM or in another unguarded location or until town stops being combat zone.
- If you login inside town (and weren't in game) you will be Idler if it happens to be a combat zone.

Or just:
- if you PvP with a single character and don't logoff in unguarded places you won't have much problem with idling.

If you abuse alts in PvP like taxis or whatnot, then take time to learn the rules I guess.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:27:34 am by JovankaB »

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:11:09 am »

my dear.. i know how new system works.

i have offer for you. come to our teamspeak during towncontrol and check how its really looks like form players side. what are the issues and what things are good in idling freature. you will get real feedback and clear perspective on this subject.

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 11:16:04 am »

Tell your pals to stay on one character, you won't get Idling Timer except 150s
after you login into game and leave base - and it won't matter unless you want
to enter combat zone immediately. I guess you will have to get used to new
gameplay or try to play in old style and suffer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:19:32 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 11:16:47 am »

Then propose improvement instead of just "I don't like it, remove it" without providing alternatives.

I will later, but I have to warn you it will not be an ideal, now I don't have that much time.

It's like we want to help you improve your game, but instead you shoo us with some kind of "you suck, learn to play" excuse. A great show of ignorance, I'd say.

Yeah, yeah right, your the victim here, poor you. What a joke.

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:19 am »

The new system is better than the last one .mb it needs some fixes  but i have to say that the last update was a major improvement.we just need to get use to it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:29:39 am by vinio »

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 11:56:08 am »

This TC system is great, with maybe little bit improvement will be a little bit better. But what a pity it was not from the beginning wipe, most of people would remain. Good job devs, do not break by bad opinions, which always comes from the same people which claimed how FR is great and after time people stopped with playing.

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 11:56:28 am »

my dear.. i know how new system works.

i have offer for you. come to our teamspeak during towncontrol and check how its really looks like form players side. what are the issues and what things are good in idling freature. you will get real feedback and clear perspective on this subject.

I get that if you have 15 people who relog a lot or don't actually play the game
just login when someone starts TC timer it can be clumsy because you can't
synchronize each other easily. Your playstyle is basically a pinnacle of alt/relog
abuse and swarming... fine, but why it should be promoted?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:58:56 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:21 am »

The old way of thinking, spawning whole team at one moment really became a problem, some people are sucked into encounters, some have idling timer because they just joined TS and logged their chars in so successful spawning at the same time is rather a miracle.
I guess you will have to get used to new gameplay or try to play in old style and suffer.
It seems so. Waiting in town with idling timer is a bit harsh, though. Once anybody attacks you there is no chance for idlers to defend.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 12:24:12 pm »

if you  don't actually play the game, just login when someone starts TC...

Please don't force me to play this shitty game if i want to participate in TC...

JovankaB

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 12:32:37 pm »

Then use one character in PvP and wait 150s on WM before first attack if you don't
want to play this "shitty game" other than swarm mushroom team in TC.

I don't see why PvP should be shitty for people who play instead (especially those without 12 PvP alts).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:45:55 pm by JovankaB »

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:13 pm »

Can't believe people are arguing over a few minutes wait time after login to do PvP.

avv

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »

i have offer for you. come to our teamspeak during towncontrol and check how its really looks like form players side.

What's there to check?
Ready channel for people who have gotten rid of their idle timer and there shouldn't be any organization fuck ups.

The old way of thinking, spawning whole team at one moment really became a problem, some people are sucked into encounters, some have idling timer because they just joined TS and logged their chars in so successful spawning at the same time is rather a miracle.It seems so. Waiting in town with idling timer is a bit harsh, though. Once anybody attacks you there is no chance for idlers to defend.

It protects people who are inside unsafe locations. Extended camping on wm isn't supposed to be safe or comfortable. I agree that there are issues with people logging in and joining late, but are they really issues related to idle system? Personally I find them issues related to rest of the gameplay because there isn't really encouragement to play as single char.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 32 queries.