"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 18, 2024, 11:22:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Changelog 17/02/13  (Read 14074 times)

Re: Changelog 17/02/13
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »

Im really not going to find post of Solar, but he commented on LA that perk is more about healing and dmg part is just bonus.
Shooo Sarakin shoo... do you see Solar around here stop ruining my dreams  ;D

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 07:19:10 pm »

Compliment, you radishes have added encounters to city squares.
No more safe junk gathering grounds for newbs.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »

Has anything been changed in encounters with footlockers? I am searching about an hour and found about 40 encounters and not even one footlocker.

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »

I have no problem finding lockers around LA, Reno and San Fran. Though I didn't check 19:0 after the update.

It became more challenging however since odds of other players entering the same encounter seem to be much higher.
Idling....
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 10:58:14 pm »

No more safe junk gathering grounds for newbs.

As if junk gathering should be nerfed... :(

Rage master

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 12:45:24 am »

I don't know is it just me or this cz feature didn't work fine. People can't jump in action as 3rd team because they need to idle on map. This feature need a bit of polishing. I like wm feature. Now some pks can make a trap over nr or ncr

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 01:35:03 am »

Teams can jump as third team with no problem, it only takes a bit more time to organize and it takes more effort to spontaneously engage in fight where two other teams might be fighting on equal terms. Well to what burden multiple alt requirement were for the common player before, then it is not even close to what has been made for players in order to play "normally", that is a very relative term that varies, what's normal about this game anyway? :)

I agree, the idling system has flaws and it is plausible whether it can be further improved, besides that they have done an excellent job with this system.

Further relating to subject.

not to mention very annoying clickfest while waiting over wm (not even spamming preview, just waiting till others get ready). and if I choose to go to base, I render myself useless in pvp for xx seconds.

The immunity could be made 150 seconds upon entering a base, tent allowing players a window of time for some safe heaven in order to relax this annoyance, because it is one partially, I know. It is bad enough that the player has to idle for the timer and after that risk getting killed on world map if he has to linger around because he doesn't really have any other option other than enter inside base, leave, repeat or go to an empty encounter and then hope something like this doesn't happen in a similar fashion.

Then again I heard someone saying that it is a positive effect that players are encouraged to be inside the city, but it is no different then being susceptible to any of kind of hostility you might encounter on world map, it will simply stay as an annoyance unfortunately. The time window of 150 seconds what I'm considering might be used as an opportunity to bypass the system for own advantage. There simply are players who would go to such extremes, there always is some percent. Or this could be a bit overlooked and it wouldn't be so bad.

I'll give it more thought to it anyway as this is interesting to think about, but like I said I doubt this system could be much improved, simply because I think someone has already put a lot of thought into it just to make it happen. Something like this doesn't go from paper to reality without alternatives at stake.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:46:14 am by T-888 »
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 04:50:17 am »

Just discovered the if you "abandon tent" you not only lose everything that is stored there, but you also lose any vehicles parked there. Just FYI for anyone who wasn't aware, DO NOT PARK IN YOUR TENT IF YOU HAVE TO MOVE IT!
"More longer friend see than sky?"
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 04:55:32 am »

Blake it warns you of those details, (except the car disappearing).  If you still have the key to the car, it 'MIGHT' be possible to get it returned if it didn't get completely removed.

As far as the encounter system, there will always be noobs looking for ways to trap people and abuse other players, so no matter what you do to the game that won't change.  All in all it's not a bad update, though I have noticed an increase of players entering encounters, that isn't good, because it almost always leads to someone getting jumped and that is just detrimental to game play. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:03:09 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 05:24:32 am »

it warns you of those details, (except the car disappearing)
Well technically car is an item, so... ;)
Anyway, added note about cars too, as removing them when player abandon the tent is by design.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 05:29:21 am »

Nice and fast fixes.

Now go go fix that base problem I mentioned while your fingers are warm.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 08:32:31 am »

Funny when people cry about rules which are same for all.

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:41 am »

All in all it's not a bad update, though I have noticed an increase of players entering encounters, that isn't good, because it almost always leads to someone getting jumped and that is just detrimental to game play.

W-w-wha...?!
SECTION 8
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 10:56:39 am »

I think the fact that it's hard to synchronize big teams might be actually good. I think swarms
have way too much advantage anyway and it was too easy for 15+ people to just wait on signal
to attack anytime, not even being in the game but on IRC/mumble. If a horde of players doesn't
play but can easily squash anyone who appears in town if told some people are there I think
it's not really that great.

Large battles is like the only thing left for a lot of players to do now. Besides large "swarms" is a part of all politics that happen between factions in or out of the game, alliances even out sooner or later and they go with the flow of the game and anything that restricts the player in that regard is bad. You said it yourself, you want to keep the game's freedom, well guess what this is not exactly the right way.

Unless it's 2 swarms who wait each other, but really if one swarm dies they could be back in less
than 5 minutes with the same characters if they really wanted. But they don't want to because
loot is looted and enemies healed, which is exactly how it should be IMO. So don't blame idling.

After a battle, yeah sure, but it shouldn't be a major ass in the pain prior battle to gather players, it is hard enough sometimes to gather them at all. Because hey, players jump in and check if there's action, and if there is, then why the hell do they have to wait for anything?

I don't know any game that restricts my ability to play once I enter it the first time, quite absurd. The same issue we discussed time ago concerning raw skill penalties what was I believe your own suggestion, good one, but yeah, why players should be punished anyhow if they haven't even played the game yet.

2 spawns were moved away from towns so pvp apes who want to be efficient in returning will have
to make new spawn bases / tents. I suppose in Den it slowed down people a bit.

That all so we need to rebuild bases? Those few squares won't make a difference if organized, large parties come back with a car, this only encourages a second window with car waiting for dead alts and those who have a base right near the city to re-gear will directly benefit to those who doesn't have such bases at all, I'm also talking about re-spawn bases.

Factions normally have two if you didn't know, one right next to city to drop loot/re-gear and one for spawn just to pick up dead alts. The time needed re-gear is largely affected by one's ability to go back to his base and re-spawn bases just simply cut corners no matter how far away you will place re-spawns and those who won't have such bases, will be at a disadvantage depending on how far re-spawn is in an ongoing fight. Quite a few battles, the good and tough one's are largely won by who can reinforce faster.

If anything, re-spawn locations should be closer to cities, so players shouldn't have to rely so much on them, also the ability to come back quicker would just encourage longer fights which is a good thing, trust me.

Maybe it will encourage players to make smaller independent teams that actually play together
inside the game. Of course it doesn't change anything for teams who are in town already, but still.

I'd wish it was such kind of candy, but it isn't.

delphius

• Fatum Iustum Stultorum
    • delphius @ deviantart
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »

I have opened the "tent in the wasteland" quest where i am supposed to eradicate some rats, but every time i try to enter the rat-infested farm i'm told "this area is full. come back later."
"Once more into the breach, dear friend."
--Blood (A Boy and his Dog, 1974)
...actually, Delphius, that quote is from a Shakespeare play. From Shakespeare to A Boy and His Dog to Fallout.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.