"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 08:40:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Paper" item & Writing Notes  (Read 3617 times)

Re: "Paper" item & Writing Notes
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 11:49:15 pm »

It would remain possible to create an alt named nigger or faggot...

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 01:08:25 am »

The "-Player" part being added automatically, to avoid millions of random pieces of paper with the words "NIGGER!" and "FAGGOT!" spread across the map.
Do you see this happening with holodisks? I don't. That is a minor issue, limits creativity and some different uses for paper, and it is no different than someone saying those through speech. No need to limit something like that just because of a few immature players.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:09 am »

Do you see this happening with holodisks? I don't. That is a minor issue, limits creativity and some different uses for paper, and it is no different than someone saying those through speech. No need to limit something like that just because of a few immature players.

This was exactly my thought when I talked about that in my original post.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 07:07:25 pm »

+1
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:54 am »

+1, good for gangs
(and base raper)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 09:48:37 pm »

racoon complaining about a lost weapon on IRC:

[17:40] <%racoon> this is so annoying. mayck STOLE my item and he didnt tell WHY, he doesnt reply me i tried talk with him like 50 times already
[17:40] <%[GE]Ben_Gorgon> Oh noez! GM Aboose!
[17:41] <%racoon> he left some tape saying that weapon is confiscated and its already 2 weeks passed and i cant even contact with him
[17:41] <%racoon> he doesnt reply anywhere
[17:41] <%racoon> i just would like to know WHY is it taken
[17:42] <~[C88]Eternauta> racoon so now you got an archive in your pip boy that says "weapon is confiscated"?
[17:42] <%racoon> yes, on place of weapon i found tape surrounded by 4 brahmin shits
[17:42] <%racoon> it says weapon is confiscated
[17:43] <%racoon> i doubt somebody would rape it because vindicator, bozars, gaussess pulse pistol, enviro armor etc are still there
[17:43] <~[C88]Eternauta> Damn, that paper system would be much more confortable :/ I'd rage everytime I saw that archive listed in my pip boy. A note however, you can throw into the campfire out of anger :D

Thought this quote was a good excuse to bump the thread.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 03:49:07 am »

Severs l times I've been to a place trying to find a person so ican tell him something I need him to know. Hes not on the forum so I can't pm him here, and I have no idea what his sched is like. I like this cause I could leave him a note and get back to playing, not waste days sitting around a house he may or bluntly may NOT come back to.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 10:23:06 am »

In general i'd support this idea. It's one of those little "tweaks" that are'nt really necessary but do add some more immersion into the game. Btw, what about pens? You can write/rewrite holodiscs just by plugging them into your PipBoy...makes sense. But paper?! Wouldn't you need some sort of pen/ink for it?

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 01:05:10 pm »

I am not sure it'd be a good thing to need a pen. Let's think about Cigarettes, you need a lighter for them, but Cigs are a drug used by pvp builds and which can be crafted easily, quickly and in good amounts, so the lighter is a limit to it. Paper however should be a tool to leave a message and it should be easy to use, otherwise forum PMs would be even better than this ingame idea.
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 01:12:12 pm »

Yes, i agree, that it should be easy to use, without the need of extra tools. Maybe the item itself could be called "pen & paper" then, instead of just "a piece of paper" (or "a leaf of paper" :) ).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:23:59 pm by Balthasar »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 04:22:39 pm »

Pen&Paper idea sounds all right, yeah! Added to the original post :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:25:25 pm by Eternauta »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 18 queries.