"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 05:00:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Changelog 14/02/13  (Read 60175 times)

JovankaB

Re: Changelog 14/02/13
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 09:25:03 am »

Jov how big combat zones are? And what if 3rd party want to join fight?

Combat Zones are whole locations.

Any public location becomes a Combat Zone for 2 minutes when a player inside dies.
Any public location with ongoing Town Control Timer is a Combat Zone (Combat Zone status stays for 2 minutes after the TC Timer ends).

If you want to join a fight and you have the Idling Timer, then in practice you have to wait over the location (or in any unguarded location but it wouldn't be convenient) until it turns green. It will turn green as soon as the Idling Timer reaches 0, which you can check in PibBoy.

If you play actively in unsafe places with one character you will unlikely to have Idling Timer, because it drops in unguarded locations and on the World Map. It pauses in RT encounters (always) and in TB during combat if you spend APs in your turn. It also doesn't increase for 20 seconds inside tents/bases and for 5 minutes if you die.

If you just idle in safe places or wait on IRC/mumble for signal to attack or relog often, then you will have to wait over town if the location is Combat Zone before first attack. You will have to watch out though, because you can get enforced into encounters.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:42:30 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 09:26:51 am »

Ah ok, so if I'm in NCR and my timer has counted up while I'm running around, so long as it wasn't a CZ before I entered, and someone else kills someone making the area a CZ I won't get the idler mark?  Just trying to figure this thing out.  Thanks for the info.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Grimmi

• Nobody Do that Safe and Fast Trades
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 09:27:01 am »

Nice.What about the special encs? what new items can be recived?
Masters Of The World
SaBaToN For Ever Guys !!!!

JovankaB

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 09:31:26 am »

Ah ok, so if I'm in NCR and my timer has counted up while I'm running around, so long as it wasn't a CZ before I entered, and someone else kills someone making the area a CZ I won't get the idler mark?  Just trying to figure this thing out.  Thanks for the info.

Yep, you can only become Idler if you enter Combat Zone while having the Idling Timer (or login inside if you weren't in game, but it's unlikely you would logoff with valuable items for long anyway). If you are in the location already and not an idler and then someone dies, you don't get any penalties. Combat Zone stays for 2 min and in most guarded places people don't die that often, only exception is NCR. Stealing needs rework IMHO but it's a different story.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:38:27 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 09:34:59 am »

Thank you soo much for the info.  I had faith you guys wouldn't leave such a huge loophole I just wanted to be sure.  I'm not sure how I feel about AFK leveling of mercs, but hey the rest is bomb.

Grimmi

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2013, 09:38:37 am »

Anserv me
How about the new special encs
Masters Of The World

JovankaB

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2013, 09:39:35 am »

Nice.What about the special encs? what new items can be recived?

You will know what's there when you find them.

Grimmi

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2013, 10:07:02 am »

is predators ahve any guns ?
Masters Of The World

JovankaB

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2013, 10:14:53 am »

For now predators are just animals. There may be more variety added in the future, but nothing
that would be worth continuous grinding item-wise.

I hope it doesn't immediately kick the player (as in, still 3 minutes until it kicks the (off) person). I've had to close out of the client for a few seconds, and so have people I've hunted with, due to various reasons.

The group will split only if it will be enforced into encounter. If it happens, offline people will stay on
the WM. But remember now there is always a chance that you will get enforced, no matter if you
move or not. If leader is off and the group is in a car, the car will stay on the WM with the leader.

There is some feature needed for easier re-meeting of friendly people who split for whatever reason.
It's not a new problem: running away from TB, accidental stepping on grid etc. Radio is too clumsy.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:18:54 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2013, 11:11:35 am »

whata great update !! good work guys
IN VINO VERITAS, IN VAGINA PENIS (PlaYboy)

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 11:52:53 am »

Well I have to admit I love most of it.  However I think you guys might need to rework the predator thing.  I foresee many people sitting in RT maps with mercs/slaves/companions just auto leveling them to 24.  I mean depending on how rapidly the monster difficulty increases it might be sort of a pain.  Love everything else but I thought I'd point out that little exploit.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how that is an exploit. You kill creatures -> you get exp, whats the difference between standing in enco or searching for encos. Seems legit to me.
SECTION 8
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 12:08:38 pm »

I'm sorry but I fail to see how that is an exploit. You kill creatures -> you get exp, whats the difference between standing in enco or searching for encos. Seems legit to me.

You're right if we're just talking player xp.  However being able to go afk and let your Mercs, slaves, or traveler companions level up without you seems a bit cheap, since it effectively takes the player out of the situation.  That's all. 

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 12:11:54 pm »

I wish luck to this NPC vs DClaws and their high cirt chance
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

hejmr

• Berlin.
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15:18 pm »

Real update. Devs, you hard-working bastards. Good job.
Ok gente, temos que ficar calmos e fazer a coisa certa. Temos que matar Mushushu e o enterrar no quintal de Napalm.
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15:32 pm »

Again it's based on how fast the creature difficulty increases.  Yeesh people just don't read anymore..  Anyhow the dev's are aware, if it's an issue they will do something about it.  If not then yay a bunch more level 24 npc followers. 

P.S.  Travelers are refusing to see bases again when you tell them to meet you if you separate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 27 queries.