"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 05:57:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Changelog 14/02/13  (Read 59184 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Changelog 14/02/13
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 02:36:01 am »

This is an awesome update that shows devs do care about the game and working on it. New features and mechanics sound interesting.

I have one doubt though, about "Idling": if I've understood correctly, you get Idler cooldown when you enter a quest area. What about quest locations like the one in Dogs of L.A., where the dogs come running at you as soon as you enter? Just curious, I know it's a rather minor problem.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 02:40:05 am »

Good luck against deathclaws and fire geckos.

I said it might be a pain depending on how fast the difficulty increases of the monsters coming in.  Also the amount of creatures coming in would make a difference too.  Besides even full size DC's aren't too bad, and if you're using BG mercs the FG's won't last long either.  Considering the amount of people out there with merc leader alts and traveler alts (I've seen some with 4 travelers) park 2 of those in 1 encounter only thing you have to worry about is ammo.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:54:09 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:05 am »

Determine approximate "threshold" your mercenaries, slaves, followers can withstand, depending on the difficulty and type of critters they will encounter while in encounter, after that get to know an approximate time period till you need to re-enter encounter in order to not exceed the threshold if necessary.

Nothing you can't bot no matter how strong they eventually appear, I will take a look at this though, maybe there is something I don't see.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 02:55:55 am »

This is an awesome update that shows devs do care about the game and working on it. New features and mechanics sound interesting.

I have one doubt though, about "Idling": if I've understood correctly, you get Idler cooldown when you enter a quest area. What about quest locations like the one in Dogs of L.A., where the dogs come running at you as soon as you enter? Just curious, I know it's a rather minor problem.

The Idling Timer itself has no effect at all, unless you enter a Combat Zone location when you have it.
Only public locations can become a Combat Zone, for 2 min after a player dies inside, or during TC timer.

So if you just do quests etc it won't bother you at all.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:00:15 am by JovankaB »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 03:00:08 am »

Thanks, Jovanka. Then it sounds like a promising feature that will probably solve the FR in PvP problem at least a bit. Also the predator system and the new tent mechanics give some new options and versatility. Congratulations.

Edit:
It's also clear once again that devs do read players' suggestion: I remember some suggestions that were very similar to the features that have come with this update, like the new tent system.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:06:34 am by Eternauta »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 03:33:43 am »

Nothing you can't bot no matter how strong they eventually appear, I will take a look at this though, maybe there is something I don't see.
You cant bot up randomness. Besides, if its not going to be profitable, why to do it in the first place ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Alec Ramsey

• spiders, snakes, and lizards heads......
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 03:42:26 am »

world map no longer safe? shit just got real.   thanks again for everything, loving the tent maps.
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 03:47:06 am »

I don't mean that a character could do it, without at least being at the control.  What I'm talking about is camping mercs, ext. in an encounter and letting Them level up no bots involved.  Free and easy cause the enemies just keep going.  Like sitting in V15 only faster, and more dangerous.

P.S.  Traveler companions are back to saying no bases found when telling them to meet you at a faction base and inputting a base name.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:55:48 am by Trokanis »
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 04:08:46 am »

Hell, its about time.
Thanks for this wonderful fixes, might try to do some proper PVP now . Tho there gotta be some more elegant way to prevent dual/multilog.

ps. tl;dr,  remove those nasty PVP zones plez, now that the bug has been fixed :) thx
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.

Battle Snap!

• Newbies gonna newb...
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 05:35:40 am »

Such a cool update, Ty!!!!  ;D

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 07:15:10 am »

It's fantastic! Thank you, devs!
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 07:29:04 am »

So is the idler timer going to be fixed so you can attack thieves?  Since the idler timer lowers your ability to hit other players and it accumulates in safe places, all it takes is for someone else to trigger a Combat zone and now no one can hit anyone. 
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 08:22:34 am »

Good to see such a good progress. Now its closer to fully harsh fallout experience.

Love this tent and predators thing. I'm not a hardcore pvper, so shit on that idle system:)

Any chances to see some sort of crafting overhaul? For me, it would be perfect if crafting will be a lot more complex...
Opex, the one and the only!

jacky.

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 09:14:16 am »

Jov how big combat zones are? And what if 3rd party want to join fight?

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 09:17:48 am »

So is the idler timer going to be fixed so you can attack thieves?  Since the idler timer lowers your ability to hit other players and it accumulates in safe places, all it takes is for someone else to trigger a Combat zone and now no one can hit anyone.

Not "no one can hit anyone", only the people who entered the combat zone while having the
timer, which you can clearly see on the WM. If you are inside already you won't become Idler.
Thief can't know who is idler and you don't want to sit and wait to be stolen from anyway.

I said it might be a pain depending on how fast the difficulty increases of the monsters coming in.  Also the amount of creatures coming in would make a difference too.  Besides even full size DC's aren't too bad, and if you're using BG mercs the FG's won't last long either.

I think it shouldn't matter, even if you can farm XP, which I'm not really sure if it's really more
effective than circling on the world map, then so what? At least you are doing it by staying in
a place where everyone can find you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 24 queries.