"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 02:05:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (New?) Idea for bringing PA/APA back in the game  (Read 2347 times)

Re: (New?) Idea for bringing PA/APA back in the game
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 06:00:25 pm »

Instead of quests and crafting why not just balance it and add it to a very very rare special encounter. This would not allow it to be stockpiled by the larger factions and allow even the loners to have an equal opportunity to have power armor. I do agree with the point it should be unlootable, or if it is you receive a lower stat damaged version like the tribal version seen in the loading screen art.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 06:02:36 pm »

Instead of quests and crafting why not just balance it and add it to a very very rare special encounter. This would not allow it to be stockpiled by the larger factions and allow even the loners to have an equal opportunity to have power armor. I do agree with the point it should be unlootable, or if it is you receive a lower stat damaged version like the tribal version seen in the loading screen art.
Never thought about adding it in rare encouter, i really like this idea.
And for the unlootable thing: no damaged version, at best you could scavenge metal plates (in my opinion)
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 07:23:45 pm »

hmm.....

No.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:54 am »

I think that power armor would bring more fallout into fonline  ;) so i support this idea. Few things you forgot about PA: animations of player wearing PA are larger, so they are even larger and easier targets for aiming cursors. Also player wearing PA will be n. 1 target, just on principle, it is more prestige target.

I would not like see PA in game as an another stock item. PA should be very rare, rather team (faction) item than an armor for every solo players. How? PA could be founded in special encouters, but it would need a lot of specil skills and items to repair and maintain it. It should consume MFC, to recharge it, you should have a very high science skill (200 and more), also repair would need high repair skill and items, mostly not craftable, that would not drop from every town or glow chest, but would be very rare to find in wasteland, so it could encourage player vs. player trade.

So in fact, whole PA should not represent item that make overpowered chars, but it should be more like sign, that shows others that you represent high game social cast, because you need a lot of time to afford and maintain this item.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:03:51 am by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 03:43:10 am »

The 3-4 week cooldown is a pretty good idea, though the recharging stations don't make a lot of sense in the original fallout canon.

A self-contained suit of advanced technology armor. Powered by a micro-fusion reactor, with enough fuel to last a hundred years.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 01:43:48 pm »

The 3-4 week cooldown is a pretty good idea, though the recharging stations don't make a lot of sense in the original fallout canon.

A self-contained suit of advanced technology armor. Powered by a micro-fusion reactor, with enough fuel to last a hundred years.

Yeah, i knew, there was something wrong in sense of technicalty..
Maybe this could be explained by saying, those hundred years are almost over, the reactors are shutting down, are to complicated to maintain and some cheaper substitute system has been installed.
Blah, dunno :)
Its about getting some interesting game mechanics implemented, so maybe at some points canon has to step back a bit.
I dont find this too compromising the atmosphere.

OR those micro fusion reactors need specialized maintenance, that can only be done at certain structures (instead of the recharging stations).
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 18 queries.