Author Topic: Fallout Online: Beginning of the End  (Read 7053 times)

Fallout Online: Beginning of the End
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:08:17 pm »
Hey guys im working on my own Fallout and i need help, this help could come in many descriptions, such as DEV's, MOD's, VIP's , Graphic Designers, and People to make trailers and videos of the game. If you are intrested in any of these postions then PM me and ill get with you to interview you.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
Re: Fallout Online: Beginning of the End
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:24:43 pm »
And what do you offer from your side?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:27:47 pm by b__B »

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:11 am »
And what do you offer from your side?
What would be fair? cause i have no clue on what i should/ will give right now

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 06:01:35 am »
A better question is what can you give. I think what Jovanka was trying to get out was that everyone has ideas, hell I got a lot of them, but with just ideas, the chances of you getting people do to everything for you is not very much, especially if we're talking about the FOnline engine that not a whole bunch of people even know about. Trying to figure out how to use the engine is a whole 'nother ordeal. Goes for learning any engine, even open source ones.

Granted, if I misinterpreted your message and you do know a fair bit yourself of how to work with the FOnline engine or make a game, you should show what you already have made to get people interested in helping.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:04:18 am by Ganado »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 02:11:55 pm »
Pretty sure this same guy asked this very same question on NMA not too long ago. If it is the same guy then I'm sad to say he has nothing more than an idea and it's a pretty weak one at that. Nobody is going to just drop everything and create an entire game for you just because you have a nice idea bro. Ever seen that movie Field of Dreams? You should go watch that movie and memorize one line from it "If You Build It They Will Come". Sorry bro but without anything more than your desire to have a server I'm afraid it will never happen. Create something special within the engine and catch peoples attention and then maybe you will find some help for your dream.

Good Luck
Struan

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 02:39:27 pm »
never been on thst site m8 :P sorry but you haave the wrong guy

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 03:09:34 pm »
What would be fair? cause i have no clue on what i should/ will give right now

You could start with showing what you have done already and giving a list of reasons why the people you are looking for should join you rather than any other existing project.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:11:45 pm by b__B »

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »
When developing a fonline server, there are a lot of tasks someone without any scripting knowledge at all can do, like mapping, dialogue writing, balancing, and generally doing the chores that the scripters are too lazy to do, like actually plugging in new features into the game world. Theoretically, as long as you find one capable scripter you would be able to make a server, though of course it wouldnt happen any time soon then. In fact, even without a scripter you could use the 2238 sdk and create a new world with new maps, characters, quests, weapons and items.

On the other hand, what you are asking here is "come people develop my game for me thx". Everyone who has the skills and the dedication to contribute to a fonline server already has their own ideas, why would they sacrifice their freedom of choice for someone who doesn't bring anything to the table?

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 11:20:52 pm »
You don't necesarly need to know scripting to make a good Fallout mod/server. Most of the stuff you might want is already in there. There are plenty of scripts and examples in both TLA SDK and the 2238 Server that you can use, all you need is a very basic understanding of how coding works. In my opinion and experience it's creativity and originality that you need to make an interesting game that people would want to play. But of course you can't do everything for yourself it's too much work for 1 person to acomplish. And as I always say, you probably won't even finish the game, as making a complete new game involves a lot of time and hard work and you have no guarantee that people will like it or want to play it. Creating a FOnline server is a never ending work, you constantly need to come up with new features, quests, locations etc to keep the game interesting for players and not to mention the costs that involve running a FOnline server + dealing with the community of whiners that FOnline currently has(bonus ;) , if you don' belive me go and read the archives ). I would encourage you to make a Single player game. Why? There aren't any at the moment. Or at least not any good ones.

[12:42:23 AM] raynor009: sh*t ni*ga
[12:42:29 AM] JenoXarr: wuat
[12:42:33 AM] raynor009: fonline feaver got to me again :))))
[12:42:38 AM] JenoXarr: lol really?
[12:42:44 AM] raynor009: ye lol
[12:42:55 AM] JenoXarr: how so?
[12:43:18 AM] raynor009: i want to make a game again, but i know i will quit working on it in the end just like the other projects i started
[12:43:41 AM] JenoXarr: welcome to my working style : D
[12:43:46 AM] raynor009: xD
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:45:41 pm by raynor009 »