"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 05, 2024, 11:25:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Troubles on early game  (Read 1880 times)

Troubles on early game
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:04:54 am »

Yeah, I guess eventually anyone passed through this, but after sharing information, newcoming players shouldn't pass since they already have shared information. At least I though that would be the case.

Before starting, I just read almost everything that was directed through new players, and to sum it up, they are:

Collect shit.
Collect some resources on random areas of the world map.
Craft and collect crap until you make 100 caps.
Open a bank account.
Make your own tent and then, you'll start accumulating riches, since no one will be able to steal you.

It is hell wrong. Or at least, I MUST be doing it wrong.

First: You start on the North cities. Man... And they are chaos. I mean, there aren't much players, and mainly there aren't much equipped players, it must be because of the recent wipe, but it doesn't matter: Some random will come and attack why without reason. But it's most likely they won't kill you.

The whole thing about shoving crap is lame. Those brahmins don't crap at all. They must have some intestinal problem, because they almost NEVER shit. Even IRL cows shit faster.
Second: The npcs who give this crap shovelling quest must be bugged, or then, it's just me.

I started in Vault City. Okay, I found the brahmins and the NPC. I talked to him, and after I said "Okay I will start right now", the conversation ends. He didn't gave me a shovel or nothing. So how the hell am I supposed to shovel crap?
Then I just bought one from the npc, which cost 1 cap, no big deal but still, if I hadn't anything I could shovel crap to start from scratch.

But it was crowded with players, so I couldn't shovel at all, since the brahmins don't crap.

Usually I got to Gecko, and the NPC there actually worked. It did gave me the shovel, but after I shovelled plenty of crap, he didn't reward me with anything, leaving me with that crap on my inventory. Yes, shovelling them gave 10 exp each, but it isn't worth it at all. The same on Modoc, except he didn't gave me any shovels. And I couldn't find a place to buy them.

I died sometimes at random encounters while trying to reach the mining site so I could get some resources. NO random map have anything lootable (I have 55 science and 44 repair).

Now, I'm just stuck. No caps, no nothing, not even shovel, and mainly, NOT CRAP to shovel.

Could someone enlight me, can someone just highlight what am I doing wrong?

inb4 The wasteland is harsh. It's supposed to be like this, blah blah. Still, it's a game, it's supposed to be playable. There are lots of other ways to show that the wasteland is harsh, and FOnline:2238 already have this atmosphere, but this is extreme.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:20:38 am by Sephiroth-sama »
Re: Troubles on early game
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 03:54:23 am »

You could try doing quests.  They're a relatively easy way to get some experience/items/caps.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 04:27:32 am »

I just started another character and things are MUCH easier if you are lucky and spawn in NCR.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:35:53 am »

When shoveling crap, dont pick the crap up but rather 'use' the shovel on it. Put the shovel in the hand slot and press it for every pile of goo you want to clean up (notice the yellow cross).

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:03:05 am »

Game is lot better than ever :D

BTW: i have already 8 junk :P

Zeck

• whatever.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 09:48:52 am »

forget brahmine shit, future is in boxes.
Wannabe smuggler.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:21:50 pm »

What boxes?

And forget shoveling crap. Pick it up. You can sell it for 20 caps if you are lucky.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 06:38:17 pm »

Unloading Boxes from caravans in Hub, San Francisco and Boneyard(i think) 200 caps for 10 boxes, 15 minutes cooldown.

Blubber we miss You!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 07:50:17 pm »

Unloading Boxes from caravans in Hub, San Francisco and Boneyard(i think) 200 caps for 10 boxes, 15 minutes cooldown.

:D
Sweet.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 07:59:05 pm »

boring... and they weigh 50 kilos... and you cant take two

Blubber we miss You!!!

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 08:03:20 pm »

It's not more boring than shoveling shit.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 08:10:17 pm »

I find it actually quite amusing (compared to the shit shoveling).
Especially when you throw a box on a different place accidently and the caravan guy yells some insults how fucking dumb I am. :D
You can also "multitask" while doing this, when you see a few brahmin "shits", run over to the pen, clean it quickly and get back to your work.

I'm really feeling like a hard working wastelander! :D
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:03:41 pm »

I'd suggest you get down to Adytum and start working for Monte Carlo. The variety of items he asks for makes the fetch quests actually quite entertaining.

That and the amused responses you get when you offer to start buying copies of Cat's Paw from people.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 23 queries.