"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 02:40:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: General perk help and discussion?  (Read 1686 times)

Jorhan Stahl

• Trust in players I meet in-game: 0%
General perk help and discussion?
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:17:52 pm »

Just thought It may be nice to have this up here. but if there is already a thread like this on the website, sorry, and ignore it.

Basically, I'm trying quite hard not to mess up my character. I played fallout 1 and 2 but in FOnline it's different. Personally I am kind of stuck between three perks, well, maybe not man of steel, because I just saw a discussion about that and it seems like a poor choice for my longer ranged small guns character.
I use mainly small guns, I have weapon handling and a lower strength, high perception and endurance (8 each. Still new so not trying to specify in any one area at the moment). I am thinking of taking sharpshooter, but with 8 perception, does an extra two points for range make THAT much of a difference? Or even more criticals as I have a luck of 1. Kind of crap with 1 luck, I know, but still. The extra percentages may help, I don't know.

Jorhan Stahl

Re: General perk help and discussion?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 01:24:40 pm »

Or the toughness perks so I stop getting shredded by people who miss their target and the target isn't me.

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 01:29:35 pm »

ALSO planning on using a sniper rifle when I can..

GOOD. GOD I fucking suck.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:46:56 pm »

First of all, I would like to kindly ask you to use "modify" button (don't post 3 times in a row).

If you don't post full info about your build it's hard to give any advices.
If it's existing character you can share it with VTDB: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=12717.0
If it's something you just plan to make, use character planner: http://nitue.net/#fcp/index

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:23:16 pm »

Ahhh ok, sorry. still new here. Thanks for the info and not ripping my head off over it though. I'll be more careful in the future.
Ok. I'll scrap this and use the links you provided. again, thank you.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:26:58 pm »

in your case, take sharpshooter, for better fov and more 6% chance to hit
I think you should try to advoid getting hit instead of reduce the damagr
And more crit chance with 1 luck is not worth
anyway, put your alt detail here for good advice from other player. I'm novice.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:47:52 pm »

Even tougher and 2x lifegiver are almost always good choices to increase the durability of a small guns character. Another important factor is more AP, either to get more shots or increase your green bubble recharge in real time.

You probably don't want to use a sniper rifle unless your build is a high LK crippler and you have a group of buddies--generally it doesn't do enough damage vs. the AP cost. FL FAL or assault rifles tend to be a better choice since you can use targeted shots at range or burst when close up.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 05:36:24 am »

Just ignore all advice here, go ahead and fuck up your char.

Your first character will ALWAYS suck, you'll end up deleting him and asking someone for a new build anyway.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 10:03:57 am »

In case you did not realized a simple fact *but i am sure you already did*,there is not nor there will ever be a build that never bites the dust,especially in the hand of a novice.

My suggestion is to postpone the use of 10 luck sniper because in this session they were heavily nerfed.(only team support in pvp)I am a lover of .223 bullets myself,i know it s hard,but it s necessary to admit that best possible build to begin with is a spammer.Let's take a closer look.

4 str (with weapon handling perk you can wield both laser and small guns)
7 per (decent field of view)
10 end (max hp)
3ch (you can buy,sell,lead people in the field,make quest)
5int(enough if you don t screw up in bullshit stats)
10 agi.
1lck(ouch)

Tag small guns (180% at level 24,you need at least this much for brof,wich is vital you'll see why),outdoor(120%is enough),Energy(the rest.).

3 weapon handling (allow you to wield laser rifles)
6 strong back (you need to carry a lot to build up your empire.)
9 whatever,even tougher,bonus ranged damage.Even tougher might be best for you.
12 action boy,one more ap.
15 action boy,so now we got 12
18 bonus rate of fire (NOTE:YOU NEED 180 in a combat skill for this!) 1 less ap usage per attack action.
21 lifegiver,hp plus20
24 lifegiver,hp plus 30

Fast shot,fast metabolism. 244 hp

What we can do:It can carry quite some stuff,he can tear apart any critter in a turn with laser rifle-plasma (six shots in a row at lvl 24,6x40avg dmg,makes 240 dmg per turn),can use your sniper rifle (4 shots per turn,150 damage on avg critter,more or less)-can use all guns you can find easily around every corner,got a lot of hp,can do any social action,barter,interact,get quest,lead on the field,he can kill any non-ape player in a turn,all around very strong and efficient.Also just wait for some seconds if wounded,he auto heals very fast.

Good luck,seek your hides for the tent one square under ghost farm near modoc,lots of brahmins there!
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:40:18 pm »

Fucked up my character anyway. He's crap at pretty much everything I want to do. BUT all I wanted him for was to be a crafter and nothing else. Now I've realised how different this game plays to other Fallouts, I'll make a second character when I can swap gear over (hence why I asked about item swapping) and spec him properly.
My guy isn't terrible in combat, but He'll get out-skilled in any pvp event. But without help I doubt most people made a perfect character right off the bat going in blind.

You can all go ahead and and tell me about how you managed that now. To quote myself, "GOOD GOD. I fucking suck".
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 03:20:25 am »

No need to discourage you since the game does it for me  ::) .
Just make the guy i posted you before,and you will be more than fine since it can provide you of anything you might ever need,it s the spine of any project you may have.

Also,crafting sucks so for the sake of your sanity,stay the hell away from it.

Or if you either want to go on on whatever strikes your mind,without planification nor experience,prepare for loss and frustration.
If an older guy suggests something to you,it-s because it was already tested almost any possible build by thousand players in gazillions version,and this is one of the few build kind that actually works in this season,so save yourself many headheaches,because someone else already had them for you. ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:26:14 am by Rain »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 04:03:38 am »

Fucked up my character anyway. He's crap at pretty much everything I want to do. BUT all I wanted him for was to be a crafter and nothing else. Now I've realised how different this game plays to other Fallouts, I'll make a second character when I can swap gear over (hence why I asked about item swapping) and spec him properly.
My guy isn't terrible in combat, but He'll get out-skilled in any pvp event.

As Brujah said, a FOnliner's first character will always suck. Unless he asks for advice before hand. This game is, as you said, different from the originals.

You can try playing with just one character. I personally like hybrid "Max Mad wannabe" characters because I like how confortable it is to be able to burst a raider dead with an assault rifle, repair my car and craft an armor with the same character. But this always puts you in an inferior position when compared to players who play differently. If you play with a character like, you'll enjoy the game as long as you're alone and don't meet anybody. If you meet another player who plays like you, it could be fun, but if you meet a guy who has a minimum level of powergamin in their gamestyle, you'll be fucked up (if they're an enemy) or feel you're totally wasting space (if you're hunting with them in a party, for example). Also there are certain aspects of the game you can really forget about, like PvP in TC or Reno, or exploring Glow, etc.

Seriously, alting sucks because it fucks up immersion, but if you don't make alts your fun car will crash the invisible wall of the limits that lacking alts puts in your road.

Hope you don't end up hating the game and leaving. I've been reading your posts and you look like another clueless noob who really wants to have fun in this game. Nothing wrong with that, we've all been there. Feel free to join The Last Light's IRC channel.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 08:42:03 pm »

Other than the build i mentioned,since you trust very little the player you meet ingame,let me make a short list of player that will FOR SURE be helpful if you meet them in ncr.

Duna.One of the oldest newb helper on the server,very fine person.
Kitty e similar alts.Bad english bud reliable newb helper.
Eternauta,Brujah,Cari.They would help you in ncr a well as on their irc channel,TheLastLight.
Lost Soul.Former leader of a Pro/noob faction.

There are many others,i will edit when i got the time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 26 queries.