"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 05:28:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: OK I have asked a lot of questions but...  (Read 1418 times)

Jorhan Stahl

• Trust in players I meet in-game: 0%
OK I have asked a lot of questions but...
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:51:19 pm »

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DOES THE IGUANA ON A STICK GUY ACTUALLY BUY?

Seriously. I've taken food, ammunition, weapons, armour, items to make weapons and armour, explosives, food, booze, drugs, everything I currently have.

I'll not ask another thing for a while after this. I like finding things out for myself but when I have taken every item I have to him to see if he;ll buy it, I'm out of options.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: OK I have asked a lot of questions but...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 11:00:54 pm »

Who knows, this game is broken if you havent noticed especially barter.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:40:15 am »

Talking about the guy in NCR, I assume? He's useless except for some thieves to steal from for shitty, looted gear.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:53:02 am »

Aside from unfinished traders this session, this trader never had much useful stuff.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 02:19:52 pm »

man, first of all could you use your brain and try to think what COULD YOU SELL to hmm. for e.g hotdog seller on street? I think nothing. he just works like fast food. try going to mc donald and sell them something. imo iguana bob is just seller of iguana's on a stick, nothing more. he doesnt has to be trader and he doesnt has to buy your crap.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:13 pm »

man, first of all could you use your brain and try to think what COULD YOU SELL to hmm. for e.g hotdog seller on street? I think nothing. he just works like fast food. try going to mc donald and sell them something. imo iguana bob is just seller of iguana's on a stick, nothing more. he doesnt has to be trader and he doesnt has to buy your crap.

Makes me wonder what the doctor in NCR does with all those FALs and radios...
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »

Makes me wonder what the doctor in NCR does with all those FALs and radios...

no idea, but in logic point its more possible that doctor trades medicaments for goodies than food seller in typical food serving place.

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 04:54:20 pm »

Using real world logic that'd make sense. But this is a game. I wasn't aware asking what a random NPC would or wouldn't buy was in some way offensive to some people.
It's a game. he is an NPC. He has a standard inventory and barter screen instead of an option like "give me one iguana" for 50 caps or whatever, and he has caps in his inventory.
sorry if putting all those things together, and assuming he was a normal trader considering all the above facts and then asking a question to people who play this game is a bad thing.

I KNOW the trader system in this game is messed up. I KNOW not everyone buys everything, but when he has a normal barter screen and a sack full of caps, what was I meant to think?
"Oh this random NPC who's just there to add atmosphere has a trading inventory like the real traders,  unlike ALL the other traders who are there for atmosphere who have a dialogue option. I guess that means he's exactly the same as other flavour traders".

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 05:10:00 pm »

You've just catched one of those greedy NPCs that want to get as much caps as they can.
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 06:04:09 pm »

Using real world logic that'd make sense. But this is a game. I wasn't aware asking what a random NPC would or wouldn't buy was in some way offensive to some people.
It's a game. he is an NPC. He has a standard inventory and barter screen instead of an option like "give me one iguana" for 50 caps or whatever, and he has caps in his inventory.
sorry if putting all those things together, and assuming he was a normal trader considering all the above facts and then asking a question to people who play this game is a bad thing.

I KNOW the trader system in this game is messed up. I KNOW not everyone buys everything, but when he has a normal barter screen and a sack full of caps, what was I meant to think?
"Oh this random NPC who's just there to add atmosphere has a trading inventory like the real traders,  unlike ALL the other traders who are there for atmosphere who have a dialogue option. I guess that means he's exactly the same as other flavour traders".

its fonline. you need to learn that everything is different here than in any other game. most of thing is made as realistac as it would be in real life.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 06:06:14 pm »

It is? Why the fuck am I not going to work with rocket jumps and super stims instead of wasting gas?

Jorhan Stahl

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 07:06:50 pm »

its fonline. you need to learn that everything is different here than in any other game. most of thing is made as realistac as it would be in real life.
To honest, I did have a feeling. I just thought I'd may as well ask.
Other than this iguana guy taunting me with his huge bag of caps, I kind of like the fact that traders only want certain things.
Always found it odd that in pretty much every other game, the super high-tech base's super-mega-ultra-doctor who knows how to create bionic arms, replace eyes and has created the best healing items known to man wants to buy that dead rat you found in your starting home.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 26 queries.