"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 04:19:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Changelog 26/01/13  (Read 47007 times)

Re: Changelog 26/01/13
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 11:22:27 pm »

Pff... yet another thing for grinders (if considering Ares: for grinders in swarms) only.
Totally dissapointing update.

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2013, 12:21:49 am »

new spawners in glow may spawn small amounts of HQ chemical components, there will be more ways how to get those in future.
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2013, 01:02:23 am »

Do you have stats on what % of the server pop actually goes to the glow?

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2013, 11:46:42 am »

currently we have "end season" stage where only strongest left. same situation have place in every season, over and over again.
tones of equpment in bases and nothing to do, no one to fight with. form our perspective wipe its necessary, even without major changes in game. competition between gangs have place only at begining of the season.

udpate - cool, something is going on however  its not changing anything important and not solving any issues

btw. sunday 13:00 gmt+1, 60 players online and could be much more. there is nothing to do. i have no reason to log into game. same as dozens of other players.

farm? - dont need to
craft? - dont need to
rp? - really?
pvp? - really? where?
just play? how? what do to?

about tc.. as kilgore said, concepts were fine. thats sad no one was working on it.

If bbs and tnb is interested in make some pvp rules (cause devs are lazy to make them ingame by update), we can get back - its pointless to die in zilions character waves
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2013, 12:37:50 pm »

Glumer, the problem is people are unable to make rules on their own. There will be always a group of people who don't want action unless they have a huge chance to win, I talked to many players willing to play only under this condition and they will rather quit playing this game than losing.

Without proper game mechanics ensuring everybody has the same chance to win regardless hours spent on grinding items, there will be always swarms, hundreds of waves and what not.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2013, 01:42:32 pm »

If bbs and tnb is interested in make some pvp rules (cause devs are lazy to make them ingame by update), we can get back - its pointless to die in zilions character waves

after 3 years of playing we tryied to make some agreements/rules between other teams and its not working. there ll be always some people who dissagree with others. waves? thats why are you not playing? thought its about numbers.. btw we are taking cities everyday by 6-8 players - no one showing up.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2013, 02:02:26 pm »

after 3 years of playing we tryied to make some agreements/rules between other teams and its not working. there ll be always some people who dissagree with others. waves? thats why are you not playing? thought its about numbers.. btw we are taking cities everyday by 6-8 players - no one showing up.
There is no reason to show up, if only to relog 20x to fight, and waste exorbitant amounts of gear and time only to not win, because other team has more waves.

It's not fun.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2013, 02:30:23 pm »

its our fault that we have 5 waves and for example hawks have 2?
btw. for modoc you dont need so much alts, and we are not so numberous - try sometimes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:41:24 pm by maszrum »
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2013, 02:39:07 pm »

Its nobodies fault, it's how the game currently is.
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2013, 03:24:08 pm »

It comes down to someone making the choice to throw a bunch of pvp alts at a TC, and then after that everyone else having to just to compete.  It's the basic genesis of most the things going on in the game as we speak.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2013, 06:20:23 pm »

Unlimited faction size is a problem, if a faction could only have let's say 8 members and alts just get invites to see base, that way only 8 people max could count towards taking a town. Sure you could relog alts and keep fighting but you'd lose the town.

avv

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »

Unlimited faction size is a problem, if a faction could only have let's say 8 members and alts just get invites to see base, that way only 8 people max could count towards taking a town. Sure you could relog alts and keep fighting but you'd lose the town.

But then the excess members would still be present, even though they wouldn't count towards timer. In addition big factions would hoard all faction names.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

LeonTheNorse

• Hobo with a shotgun
    • Crazy 88 Forum
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »

And what if 2 of those added to that faction got kids and can hardly play, then two more work graveyard shift and so on. A gang is never made up of 8 or more people that play same time everyday together.

Better would be just remove fast relog, lets see mercs nerfed: No more wm arty.

millita gone: So no more can a gang stand in town fire one shot and send 20x 500 hp millita at a team of say 8.

Sure some crafters would rage over a 3min timer to relog, but then reduce crafting cooldown to balance it out.
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2013, 06:59:17 pm »

There's no more crafting timeouts as far as I can tell, but I might be wrong.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2013, 08:58:11 pm »

Maximum crafting timeout is 6 hours, so once you go over that you either relog to another character that also has those BPs learned, or deal with it.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.