Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nerf  (Read 2699 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Nerf
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:37:41 am »

Get rid of rad-away addictions.... Nuff said.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Nerf
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:52:30 am »

Why?
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:11:12 am »

Drugs and addiction system is kinda weird imo and has been since the very original games... but why do you want to scrap RadAway addiction? for faster levelling on centaurs/floaters? which means even moar alts on Worldmap? Hell no.

Gimper

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:35:08 am »

Why?
WHY??? I respond to your question with another question. How can someone get addicted to an antibiotic?!?!?! Its impossible. Description of rad-away,

"A chemical solution that bonds with radiation particles and passes them through your system. Takes time to work."

That is an antibiotic. That is why addictions should be taken away. I mean, I could understand if it was morphine or some such, but its not. Its basically Chemotherapy in liquid form. People don't get addicted to that.....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:36:58 am by Gimper »

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:44:36 am »

WHY??? I respond to your question with another question. How can someone get addicted to an antibiotic?!?!?! Its impossible. Description of rad-away,

"A chemical solution that bonds with radiation particles and passes them through your system. Takes time to work."

That is an antibiotic. That is why addictions should be taken away. I mean, I could understand if it was morphine or some such, but its not. Its basically Chemotherapy in liquid form. People don't get addicted to that.....

Antibiotics kill bacteria or other microorganisms, they have nothing to do with radiation. Not that it matters :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:47:46 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:53:09 am »

Who uses expensive and infective radaway instead of npc doctors?

Gimper

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 03:06:15 am »

Antibiotics kill bacteria or other microorganisms, they have nothing to do with radiation. Not that it matters :)
biotic does indeed mean organism, but also, antibiotics attack harmful particles in your body. So I still say its an antibiotic. Either way, it doesn't make sense.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:49:18 am »

antibiotics attack harmful particles in your body

Only problem is that with lethal doses of radiation, your whole body is pretty much the harmful particle collapsing on itself.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 07:30:44 am »

Only problem is that with lethal doses of radiation, your whole body is pretty much the harmful particle collapsing on itself.

Then we should nerf this "whole body" thing.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 07:53:00 am »

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 01:49:30 pm »

Hardcore fucking facepalm..... Can't even start with whats wrong. But jovanka's suggestion pretty sums it up.

biotic does indeed mean organism, but also, antibiotics attack harmful particles in your body. So I still say its an antibiotic. Either way, it doesn't make sense.
No, they don't. And it makes sense. Think harder.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 07:34:06 am »

I agree with Gimper, Radaway addiction was retarded even in the original games.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:12 am »

Not sure what the big deal is, radaway addiction doesn't decrease your max AP, just lowers your rad resistance.
If you are afraid of getting addicted either don't take chem reliant trait or if you insist on having it cure yourself at doctor.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 01:43:38 pm »

Is Radaway addiction permanent like Jet?  I don't remember it being that way in the original 2 fallouts, but it has been forever.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 02:03:48 pm »

No, but it takes a fair while until it wears off. Much longer then with other addictions.
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 29 queries.