"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:12:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cave content!  (Read 1507 times)

Cave content!
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:30:01 am »

Walk into a cave and what do you find? Chances are nothing. You might score an assorted variety of condoms. Excellent for warding off cock rot in the post apoc world. How about some random friendly npc's (Useful ones and useless ones) , wider variety of enemy's, some foot lockers, or a small cache with low tier gear.
Edit: How about a cave encounter that is a copy of the cave base, but contains enemy npc's and gear.
I just feel this is a part of the game that has vast untapped potential. I mean who wouldn't want to live in a cave after the bombs fall.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:44:45 am by blue meanie »

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
Re: Cave content!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:13:11 am »

+1

YES YES YES YES PLEASE!

More interesting encounters! More things to find! More interaction! More IMMERSION!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:31 am »

I found all item from wiki, except gauss, Solar Scorcher. I found once 25x4.7mm ammo (without any gun) and twice zip gun.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:13:03 am by jossi »
"born with nothing die with everything"

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:11:06 am »

but you can find lot's of things in caves already.
guns Slaves Deathclaw's rats Bottleleggers condoms, lighters zip guns sniper rifles, and alot more to be honest. i even found once gauss pistol, but it was at 3rd wipe i think
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Kool-Aid

• Unjustfully banned
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:14:15 pm »

More random stuff sounds awesome, would make the cave explorer alt worth to exist. Extra PvE sounds always good.
Go to Hell, infidel

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »

Why would you need a cave explorer alt? You should just be able to use any PvE alt...

Anyway, Solar said that he was planning for blueprints to be found in caves, but this was over a year ago and apparently it never got implemented.

When you mention footlockers, please do not make caves into another horrible feature like BP hunting. It shouldn't require some specialized 150+ LP alt, just maybe make the caves that have blueprints/caches of items have tougher enemies.

And sure, more variety would always be welcome.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:28:54 pm »

Why would you need a cave explorer alt? You should just be able to use any PvE alt...

Anyway, Solar said that he was planning for blueprints to be found in caves, but this was over a year ago and apparently it never got implemented.

When you mention footlockers, please do not make caves into another horrible feature like BP hunting. It shouldn't require some specialized 150+ LP alt, just maybe make the caves that have blueprints/caches of items have tougher enemies.

Agreed, EVERY person should have an equal chance to find some interesting stuff in the wastes.  A building with some bodies containing some small hand gun or some such thing?

These things should be come the semi-norm of encounters. Spicen things up.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:52:09 pm »

Although i like alts, i don't see the need to have an alt for everything.

As for footlockers, i think the best way would be to make them locked (150+ LP or something like that) but place a key somewhere random in the cave (dead body).

OT: Lockers could be destroyable/unlockable with brute force. Crowbar could have 5% chance to open a footlocker but also have a 5% chance for beeing destroyed on every attemp. Dynamite could have 75% chance to open a footlocker but also have a 75% chance for destroying every item inside. (Different types of containers would have different chances. You just cant open a safe with crowbar. And maybe increase a chance by few % for every ST.)

In case of those loooooooong cave maps, it would be awesome to have another exit grid at the end.

Wariety is always good. I loved F1+F2 for they wariety of ways how you could proceed in the game. Kill everything or convince everyone about your truth, ....

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 06:22:53 pm »

there are caves with 2 entrances.

EDIT:you are confusing me guys, but i remeber such cave, and i believe i have found it more than once.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:42:42 pm by greenthumb »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 06:39:15 pm »

No there aren't. On TLA there were caves with two exits (therefore, tunnels) but not on 2238.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:41:23 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 06:48:00 pm »

No there aren't. On TLA there were caves with two exits (therefore, tunnels) but not on 2238.
The point is, that only that owfuly loooong cave needs it. Its pain in the ass running all the way to the end, finding nothing and than running all the way back.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 09:18:32 pm »

Yeah I agree, I was just saying that it isn't already on 2238.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 04:51:21 am »

The point is, that only that owfuly loooong cave needs it. Its pain in the ass running all the way to the end, finding nothing and than running all the way back.

This is the reason I NEVER explore caves... They're way too obnoxious to traverse when they're retardedly long and with no exit on the other side.

How about a cave that puts you in a long tunnel... on the other side of the tunnel is an exit, and outside that exit is ANOTHER encounter? ooooh.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:48 am »

Although i like alts, i don't see the need to have an alt for everything.

As for footlockers, i think the best way would be to make them locked (150+ LP or something like that) but place a key somewhere random in the cave (dead body).

OT: Lockers could be destroyable/unlockable with brute force. Crowbar could have 5% chance to open a footlocker but also have a 5% chance for beeing destroyed on every attemp. Dynamite could have 75% chance to open a footlocker but also have a 75% chance for destroying every item inside. (Different types of containers would have different chances. You just cant open a safe with crowbar. And maybe increase a chance by few % for every ST.)

150% lockpick + pick sets will already open most lockers you will find in encounters.  300% lockpick is only "required" to those players who have to make a separate alt for every task, and min/max everything.

As for the crowbar idea, maybe give it a 75 or 100% boost to lockpick skill, but make the cooldown 5x longer with reduced XP.  Example below.

I agree overall, caves should have a bit more draw to them.  Maybe not super-awesome loot, but just a little bit of attention to make them at least worth exploring more often.

Example:
Code: [Select]
if( activePid == PID_LOCKPICKS )
        {
            base += 25;
            if( Random( 0, 60 ) == 0 )
                cr.DeleteItem( PID_LOCKPICKS, 1 );
        }
        else if( activePid == PID_EXP_LOCKPICK_SET )
        {
            base += 50;
            if( Random( 0, 80 ) == 0 )
                cr.DeleteItem( PID_EXP_LOCKPICK_SET, 1 );
        }
else if( activePid == PID_CROWBAR )
        {
            base += 100;
            if( Random( 0, 99 ) == 0 )
                cr.DeleteItem( PID_CROWBAR, 1 );
        }

base = CLAMP( base, 0, 95 );
        if( base >= Random( 1, 100 ) )
        {
            locker.LockerOpen();
if( activePid != PID_CROWBAR )
{
cr.TimeoutBase[ TO_SK_LOCKPICK ] = LOCKPICK_TIMEOUT( cr );
cr.StatBase[ ST_EXPERIENCE ] += 100;
cr.AddScore( SCORE_CRACKER, 1 );
}
else
{
cr.TimeoutBase[ TO_SK_LOCKPICK ] = LOCKPICK_TIMEOUT( cr ) * 5;
cr.StatBase[ ST_EXPERIENCE ] += 25;
}

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:02:52 am by Wind_Drift »
Iguana Pete's sister

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.