"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 04:25:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would You like to have One Alt features in game?

Yes, it is good idea.
No, i dont want any changes.
Im shit shoveler

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: One Alt Crusade  (Read 27819 times)

Re: One Alt Crusade
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2013, 07:00:53 pm »

Voted for yes because hitting a lvlcap in 2-3 days of casual playing is a joke. I doubt the suggestion will ever get implemented on 2238 though. It's because removing level cap and setting a limit on hp instead has been frequently suggested for years and it seems that devs are just not going to do that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:03:14 pm by Elmehdi »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2013, 11:24:20 pm »

2 weeks of Poll and we can see that 60% of voters agree with this suggestion, but more intresting is that JovankaB have own shit shovelers funclub.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:55 am »

Huh, you think this is some democracy? ;D

If you haven't noticed, nobody of relevance cares about votes nor how long they have been set, and not even on which subject or how well their supported. They are more of a visual appeal, "oh look, some players actually like what I have to say", I'd say good for your confidence relating to the relevance of the topic giving you a sense of feeling which says you suggested something "important", "needed" but nothing more.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:55 am »

We all know, that for Fonline to become balanced, the whole system needs to be reworked, with ideas similar to what docan has suggested.

It was quite obvious, that FO1-2 mechanics dont work in MMO. System should have been designed from ground up with Fo2's in mind.
This mentality of "It has to be like fallout 1-2" is just setting limitations. e.g. thats not fallout or that doesnt look fallouty enough.

Id even go as far to say, Fonline doesnt feel like fallout anymore. They should scrap the notion of fallout, and develope their own wasteland. no limitations then.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

JovankaB

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2013, 08:56:52 am »

more intresting is that JovankaB have own shit shovelers funclub.

I would like to meet them :)

Forum polls are meaningless anyway, so let's get to the point. First, this:

For start you can write in native code library, which will generate uniq token for each client beased on his hardware, forbid to launch clients in sandbox and on vmware, and check this tokens on client login.

You can forget it, it's basically impossible. As far as I remember, the only real solution Skycast
provided was some silly Sandboxie check, that... you could go around by changing one option
in Sandboxie ::) In general, all we could do, cheaters would go around eventually. It would be
a never ending arms race (or cat-and-mouse game) engaging the smartest people, that would
only stop noobs in the end - and a very time consuming race. Also there would be methods that
simply could never be blocked.

About the rest, I agree that in general you should be able to do most things with one character,
but IMO in different ways. So for example you could bash door with a crowbar if you are strong,
or lockpick it if you are lockpicker, or maybe convince a local thief NPC to join you if you have
high speech or buy some rare master key if you are trader, that turns into dust after a few uses etc.

But your proposal wouldn't really work that way. How it would work? Your character could do
everything the same way, but ONLY IF you spent months on grinding experience. I'm not
saying it's a bad idea in general, but I'm not convinced that it's the best solution to the problem
(even if the simplest one, which is advantage). All this - IMHO.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:11:59 am by JovankaB »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2013, 11:07:06 am »

About this suggestion:

Wouldn't there be someone who has no life grind so much that all of their skills were maxed out 300%.

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2013, 12:33:46 pm »

There would of course be.But that would not screw pvp,since there is hp cap,and when it comes to town control i don t think that having an ape that is also a mechanic or an outdoorsman would make such a difference when bullets start to rain all over.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

avv

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »

About this suggestion:

Wouldn't there be someone who has no life grind so much that all of their skills were maxed out 300%.

Those nolifes already grind their alts so that there is 300% skill alt to serve all their needs.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2013, 06:06:55 pm »

But your proposal wouldn't really work that way. How it would work? Your character could do
everything the same way, but ONLY IF you spent months on grinding experience.

That's the problem, one shouldn't be able to do everything, that's the whole point of limiting alts.

You don't have to erase the level cap completely, just allow further development of character past certain point with its advantages by doing so, but still have a limit on it, reasonable one. So that turbo grinders don't spoil the game play after few weeks, or months by being jack of all trades.

About the rest, I agree that in general you should be able to do most things with one character,
but IMO in different ways. So for example you could bash door with a crowbar if you are strong,
or lockpick it if you are lockpicker, or maybe convince a local thief NPC to join you if you have
high speech or buy some rare master key if you are trader, that turns into dust after a few uses etc.

More options are always good, but once they are too many it decreases the necessity to interact with other players. I will have my own character with lock-pick skill, but how it will make it unique or worth it if everyone else can do the same thing and nobody would require my skills?

DocAN.

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2013, 08:16:54 pm »

More options are always good, but once they are too many it decreases the necessity to interact with other players. I will have my own character with lock-pick skill, but how it will make it unique or worth it if everyone else can do the same thing and nobody would require my skills?

Statistics shows that its imposible to have 300% in all skills with my suggestion and thats how Your lock-picker and any other One Alt could be usefull for other players not like it is now in ALTs age.

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:45 pm »

After long consideration…. Devs (and some players) says that DocAN ideas are bad. They are probably right. It is easy to imagine: pvp apes with 300% doc, fa, sneak, steal will be more annoying than ac & hth trolls. On the other hand – many players want to develop their characters after  24 lvl. Below I wrote my proposal:
  • players with 25lvl(and higher)  are able to spend sp on non-combat skills (lockpick, traps, science, repair, barter, gambling and outdoorsman)
  • players with 25lvl(and higher)  are able to spend sp on combat skills but only to the limit of points they spent on non-combat skills before 25 lvl
  • max hp is capped at 24 lvl
  • players with 25lvl(and higher)  are  not able gain current perks (level perks from http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Perks)
  • new perks are introduced (min lvl 27):
    • Better radiation resistance (5 levels) : each level of perk adds 1% to radiation resistance
    • Better poison resistance (5 levels) : each level of perk adds 1% to poison resistance
    • Better carry weight (5 levels): each level of perk adds 2 to carry weight
I think my proposal won’t ruin current system, and can be implemented without wipe.

sg

DocAN.

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2013, 11:06:45 pm »

Does any of You made some caluclations? +1 SP above 200% cost 6 SP and who care about 300 FA/Doc when there is SS spam option. Features suggested in 1st post are the simplest one that could be implemented.
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

everything the same way, but ONLY IF you spent months on grinding experience. I'm not
saying it's a bad idea in general, but I'm not convinced that it's the best solution to the problem
(even if the simplest one, which is advantage). All this - IMHO.

Yes, being able to do the same things in many ways could be very relevant to this game - I must admit it.

However, I think this is not only about being able to become more universal with one character. I think this is also about granting player an option to constantly develope one 'alt' thus making gamers identify with their characters. People have a natural will to progress - if you block it, f.e. setting very low lvlcap, they will either get bored after hitting it and quit or they will just start creating a different alt.

As for grinding - yes people would grind - about 3% of them that are just no-lifes. Just like in any other MMORPG. Why even care about them? - Or more like why everyone else should suffer because of these 3%? With the suggestion already stated of setting a maximum capacity on hp gain, not on a character level - noone of these no-lifes would ever become too powerfull anyway.

I know that this will probably never happen on 2238 which is a 'faction mod' (you are supposed to cooperate - mostly with your own alts). However - even though the suggestion that is enclosed in this topic has not been raised for the first time, and any polls show clearly that most of people support it  - I don't recall any devs response in this matter so I appreciate your contribution very much JovankaB.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2013, 04:57:00 pm »

Make it possible to reassign SPECIAL and skill points. Or make it possible to gain SPECIAL through natural means.

DocAN.

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »

Gain SPECIAL could work like You said but it would have to take a lot of time to get +1 point.

Lets say moving boxes which is a quest could rise ST after 100+ quests - this way will bring more players to Towns.
Similar way players could get + 1 CH by trading stuff to merchants - there is alrdy some table which shows best trader, it could be used to apply +1 CH to players which has traded more then X value of stuff, where X would be defined by developers.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 28 queries.