"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 11:43:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Changelog 31/12/12  (Read 33470 times)

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
Re: Changelog 31/12/12
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 04:09:35 am »

I saw few knock backs from shotguns and they are a little to strong. Even rocket has weaker effect. I like this feature but it need to polished

Except rocket has 40 hex range and shotgun knockback is only from 6 or less hexes.
And, uh... RL is actually cheaper and easier to get than pancor.

We will talk about unbalance when you will see in PvP more caws/pancors than RLs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:15:17 am by JovankaB »

jacky.

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 04:18:36 am »

I am not saying this is bad but kicking out for 10hexes is to much and it is like in 2nd category action movie. 2-3 hexes should be nice instead of 10-12. This will be new troll weapon in ncr and nr.
And thnx for nerfing mercs. It was really good move even if my 39mele muties are harder in use.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:24:13 am by jacky. »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 04:23:17 am »

Not saying you're wrong or right, but I would wait more than an hour before you decide something is more annoying (than current troll builds/tactics). ;p
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 04:25:31 am »

Most awesome! I have already cleaned the piles of loot into a series of crates and chests.

jacky.

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 04:29:16 am »

Most awesome! I have already cleaned the piles of loot into a series of crates and chests.
Yes this v useful. I had few lockers from tabaco exploit but those are much better. Can go a little further and think about crafting turrets and sand bags? This would bring more options to pvp. Turrets could use laser and plasma rifles or bg weapons.
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 05:19:53 am »

We can now use shotguns in pvp it's awesome!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 05:25:21 am »

Soon it's gonna be bluesuits with high AC running around with HK Caws now, knocking everyone down :D
Back In-Game :D

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 05:43:36 am »

I saw few knock backs from shotguns and they are a little to strong. Even rocket has weaker effect. I like this feature but it need to polished

rocket launcher also has 40 hexes range, so i think shotguns knockback should have stronger effect if you want them to be used in battle, if they would have some weak shit effect, they just wouldnt be used in pvp just like they are now.
Also yeah, thank you devs, finally seems like a good update :)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 06:14:17 am »

Chests cannot be rotated. Just sayin.
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 06:32:15 am »

Excellent update.

so i think shotguns knockback should have stronger effect

My guess of balance for shotguns would be to increase their "armor piercing" capabilities by buffing their damage modifier to -15%, knock-back effect to work on full range with twice less efficiency keeping the 6 hex rule or each hex beyond that range to have flexible penalty to the chance to knock-back by decreasing it up to a minimum of 25% at maximum range for any type of shotgun. On top of that each knock-back could deplete the opponent of, for example, 1-2 action point/s, since it requires 5 action points to even shoot with bonus rate of fire, taking in consideration the range, damage output and since the knock-back itself rarely would allow a "lock-down" (unless target is in narrow spaces and is being hit against the wall, though that would mean that shotguns are just superior in close range combat, what wouldn't be a bad thing) as the target after the first hit would be out of reach in most cases and if not the chance to do a sub-sequent knock-back would be reduced in any of the given situations of how the knock-back could work as the target would be farther away.

Only after these kind of changes I imagine using shotguns effectively in various combat situations and the weapon type having some sort of special role and overall being somewhat viable.

Currently, okay that knock-back is cool, but 6 hexes are majorly impractical (I guess some guys will try to camp buildings now in some Reno, then feel the rest of the flaws I am mentioning here), damage output is pathetic and on top of that range is very limited, the weapon is just outclassed in every way by "conventional" arms and, for example, some frag grenades can do the job even better as they don't "teleport" the opponent away, but locks him down leaving him vulnerable.

We will talk about unbalance when you will see in PvP more caws/pancors than RLs.

O lol, that's not going to happen, not even with the badass changes I suggest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:40:44 am by T-888 »

sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 07:13:11 am »

Good work with containers! I waiting for more good updates like this.
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.

Johnnyrico

• im from Asian.
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:03 am »

Good work with containers! I waiting for more good updates like this.

im waiting it ,too :)
Come in chosen one.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 09:10:10 am »

Thanks for the lags, devs.
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 11:01:23 am »

Craftable container ???? :o :o :o
That's a dream that comes real.... Next changelog, NameColorizing will be back if thing keep as good.

Of course, to counter such a great feature, we lost one charm of followers.
They will now laught and drop names instead of defend their faction members. These mercenaries are now some selfish bitches.  At least, it logical with their mercenaries status. "We get pay by you, we don't care if your family get slauthered. It makes me sad, but i also understand the PVP abuse in TC. I hope a middle ground will be found between uncaring mercenaries and big armies of muties.
(is it possible to nerf features abuse instead of nerfing features?)

Also, i am not sure i had understand.
If the leader of follower log off, followers flee.
This feature also apply if followers are mining, protecting the base/tent or PXing rats in public locations ?
Or is it only when players appear in TC town ?

I hope i can still keep my slaves productive when i am not constantly watching them...

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:04:17 am by naossano »

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 11:13:15 am »

This feature also apply if followers are mining, protecting the base/tent or PXing rats in public locations ?
Or is it only when players appear in TC town ?

I hope i can still keep my slaves productive when i am not constantly watching them...

They don't flee if they stay in base/tent. Slave work could have been overlooked, need to test this.
I don't understand "XPing rats in public locations". You leave mercs in New Reno sewers or something?
Not sure if it should be possible to level up followers without you actually playing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:14:56 am by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.