"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 09:56:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: San Francisco Apocalypse Event  (Read 27741 times)

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
San Francisco Apocalypse Event
« on: December 13, 2012, 12:56:51 pm »

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:49:13 am by JovankaB »

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
Re: San Francisco Apocalypse Event
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:31:31 am »

I would like to invite you to San Francisco Apocalypse - event telling the story of pirate raid on San Francisco
AD 2238. The pirates attacking the city is the frightful Glowing Pete's Crew - a group of super mutants and
ghouls operating on the shores of the Pacific Ocean - murdering, pillaging and kidnapping. Here they are:

As you can see there are two ships at the disposal of the crew. Good ships, but unfortunately they are
too small to carry large quantity of goods. This made the attack on San Francisco problematic - even if the
crew managed to plunder the town, they wouldn't be able to escape with all the loot using their small ships.

However, one night a brilliant plan emerged in the head of Glowing Pete - there is a large, old tanker moored
at the docks of San Francisco. The pirates could use it to escape with all the loot they can imagine. A spy
sent to San Francisco discovered that the tanker isn't operational. Fortunately all things needed to fix that
are in the city already - Fuel stored in a warehouse in the western side of San Francisco and Computer Parts
from the outpost of Brotherhood of Steel. Glowing Pete quickly sketched a very detailed plan:

Event Details

There will be 2 sides - Glowing Pete's Crew AKA the pirates and the San Francisco defenders.
Players can choose any side but there is a limit for pirates.

Players can't join the pirates with their own characters. There will be special new accounts prepared,
the logins and passwords will be revealed during event start. There will be no rules of acquiring the
accounts - whoever takes it first can play with it. Idling on the accounts isn't allowed, people who
won't do anything will be disconnected from the accounts during the event. Offline characters can
be taken by anyone again.

All the objectives of the pirates are shown on the map. For minimal victory the pirates have to take
control of the tanker and move fuel and computer parts there. It means the crew escaped with the
tanker but without the most important loot - caps from the bank. For standard victory they also have
to grab containers of caps from the bank and move it to tanker. For decisive victory they have to
additionally kidnap the General Secretary from the Shi Palace for ransom.

Pirates will be able to capture additional spawn points in the tanker, San Francisco and Shi Palace,
but only capturing the tanker is required for the victory.

Pirates won't have outfitters - instead they won't be lootable and respawn with items they carry.
They will have much higher carry weight than normal characters. In practice it means capturing
Fuel, Computer Parts and Caps will be possible by simply picking them by any of the pirate.
These items will be too heavy for normal players, so they can be only defended not moved.

Glowing Pete has one life - killing him in the case of victory of pirates will mean it's a pyrrhic victory
- if he is dead the pirates will turn against each other soon after the battle and the crew will disperse.

San Francisco defenders are normal player characters which will be taken to the event. For San Francisco
defenders there is one objective - prevent the pirates from achieving the victory with optional killing the
Glowing Pete for decisive victory of the defenders.

The event will be on the next Friday, so if you have some comments/questions feel free to post.

Here is more detailed view on objectives of Pirates:

As you can see there is more than one instance of each objective.
There more you get to tanker the better (for pirates). You should get more than half.
Each pirate will be able to carry only one box at a time.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:37:23 am by JovankaB »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 05:15:22 am »

Hopefully Pete wont have a ridiculous amount of hp or resistance.... Will he? lol
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 05:25:23 am »

this one of those events where i need a badass lvl 20 char?
or can i just sneak around and loot, and hope i dont get blown to #@$@$@$@

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:29:26 am »

this one of those events where i need a badass lvl 20 char?
or can i just sneak around and loot, and hope i dont get blown to #@$@$@$@

Actually you don't need to have any character if you manage to get into one of the pirate accounts.
But if not, then there won't be too much to do if you won't have a character capable to fight.
Maybe if you have a doctor.

There will be no point "looting" because you won't keep any of the items from the event.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:38:32 am by JovankaB »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 05:50:18 am »

ehm will pete have tons of hp?
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 06:06:16 am »

This looks awesome! I just started playing again cca. two weeks ago after a long break, especially cuz I've been hoping/expecting some nice special events around the 21.12., nice to see I've been right. I'd really love to participate in this one, preferably on the Glowing Pete's Pirates side!
now for my on topic question - Does this mean, that if the pirates win this event, the tanker will permanently disappear from SF? :P

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 07:04:19 am »

ehm will pete have tons of hp?

He will have more than a standard player characters, but not "tons".

Does this mean, that if the pirates win this event, the tanker will permanently disappear from SF? :P

I thought about it but, sadly majority of 2238 players goes apeshit when anything
changes in their daily routines. So no.

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 09:35:22 am »

if anything goes smoothly this gona be one of the best events.nice thought jov   ;D
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 12:35:31 pm »

gl & hf
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 01:04:05 pm »

can you give us the builds pirates will use?

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 01:30:20 pm »

can you give us the builds pirates will use?

Maybe later. For now I can only say it will be only super mutants and ghouls and they will have
enough stats to fight with any weapons usable for the skins and compete with PvP builds. They
will have boosted walking speed a bit, so they won't be as slow as normal mutants/ghouls.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 01:41:45 pm »

boost damage resistance too, I would like to be Pirate harhar.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »

Two more questions...
1) Is the pirate crew in first posted screenshot complete, or are there some other guys hiding in the tent? Also what about the navigators, PC or NPC? Do they participate in fight, or do they just stand there?
2) About the General Secretary kidnapping (opt. goal)... how will that work? I mean - I suppose someone from the pirate crew has to talk to him and drag him to the tanker, that much seems clear, but what if he dies in the process (or even before)? Who's loss is that, the pirates' or SF defenders'? Will there be some direct reward/punishment? Could the secretary possibly distribute free gear for the SF defenders or something like that?

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 02:08:02 pm »

Two more questions...
1) Is the pirate crew in first posted screenshot complete, or are there some other guys hiding in the tent? Also what about the navigators, PC or NPC? Do they participate in fight, or do they just stand there?

It's mostly critters to make the picture and NPC guards.
There will be around 30 accounts to take, they will start on the island and look similar to those on the picture.
The navigators will be teleporting the Crew to the Landing Sites on the SF shores.

2) About the General Secretary kidnapping (opt. goal)... how will that work? I mean - I suppose someone from the pirate crew has to talk to him and drag him to the tanker, that much seems clear, but what if he dies in the process (or even before)? Who's loss is that, the pirates' or SF defenders'? Will there be some direct reward/punishment? Could the secretary possibly distribute free gear for the SF defenders or something like that?

Not sure yet, either someone (GM or trusted player) will roleplay the General Secretary
and follow super mutants when "kidnapped" or it will be just an item with human skin which
will be lootable like the Fuel, Computer Parts and Caps.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:09:45 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.