"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:56:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Add a Buffout to Gauss Pistol Bunker...  (Read 1895 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Add a Buffout to Gauss Pistol Bunker...
« on: December 12, 2012, 04:49:57 am »

Many of us have experienced the thrill of finding special encounters, but often only to realize our Carry Weight is too low to carry out all of the loot. If you add a Buffout to the Gauss Pistol Bunker, no more leave-behinds.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
Re: Add a Buffout to Gauss Pistol Bunker...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 05:16:57 am »

Or.... quit making limp wristed shit characters.... just a thought.
I think I'll make a 22 CW character and then bitch that I can't carry anything :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:54:54 am by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:59:44 am »

Pro:
-These encounters being now extremely rare, so could make it easier on us to get the 'reward'.
-Finding such an encounter only to find out you are unable to do much with your current alt would probably piss you off.

Con:
-If anything i heard is true, there may be special encounters with hostiles in them, which some alts wouldn't be able to handle.
 For fairness, its either change all or none.
-Wasteland is harsh lololololol.

Another argument would be that it doesn't punish you for your SPECIAL or Traits*, something i leave you to decide if thats good or bad.

Personally i'd say leave it as it is, but i expect most others to not like such harshness, am i right?

*Unless your some kind of 2AP bruiser char or something, if thats even possible.

P.S Is it possible to get one of these encounters while with other players?
Everything must change.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 06:04:21 am »

Yes it's possible. Last year i found the Howitzer shell enc while traveling with a friend. It took both of us combined to get all 10 shells out of there - another good place to find a Buffout nearby.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:58 am »

How about you simply travel with a buffout in your pocket.

Making ridiculously weak character is your choice.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:58:34 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 12:14:23 pm »

How about move one carry weight related perk to support and allow characters to pick up more than the usual carry weight with overweight debuff.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 12:24:40 pm »

Making ridiculously weak character is your choice.
Character that has low strenght is ridiculously weak to you?

How about move one carry weight related perk to support and allow characters to pick up more than the usual carry weight with overweight debuff.
That would be better but before it gets implemented they can just add buffout to that encounter since it doesn't take 5mins to do it.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »

That would be better but before it gets implemented they can just add buffout to that encounter since it doesn't take 5mins to do it.

They don't need to implement that, if your leveling, just keep buffout in your inventory in case you find special encounter, just like Jovanka suggested.

Yes. Not for me or Jovanka, it is just that the game tells you that. If you dump those special points elsewhere, there is bound to be some sort of consequences, your character is weak ...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:41:11 pm by T-888 »

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »

yeah on a scale of 1 - 10, i think 2 is low :)
Mathematically speaking of course.
lets try an experiment.....

This is a number line.

Now 2 is between the number 1 and the first froggy jump :)

I'd be happy to help educate you with remedial classes.  I'm generally around NCR if you want to talk more about froggys.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:57:38 pm by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 12:54:06 pm »

They don't need to implement that, if your leveling, just keep buffout in your inventory in case you find special encounter, just like Jovanka suggested.
So you're saying that it would be much easier for everyone that levels their alts there to remember to bring buffouts, instead of devs just pressing 2 buttons? Logic.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 01:04:16 pm »

Well, it's really not THAT big a deal, but I sadly must think to agree to some extent.

But really, you can grab the gauss pistol and gatling laser easy with 22 carryweight, even if it means  you have to drop some other stuff it's definitely worth it.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 01:06:15 pm »

In my opinion just because you found a special encounter it doesn't mean you have some inherent right
to all items inside. If you can't get the items for whatever reason then it's your problem.
If you don't have enough ST you can decide what to take, what to leave behind. Wasteland is harsh ;P

In the future I would like more special encounters that are more than just "treasure chests" waiting for you.
Warehouse with new cars is a bit like that already, although it was made simpler than initially planned.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:22:43 pm by JovankaB »

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »

In my opinion just because you found a special encounter it doesn't mean you have some inherent right
to all items inside. If you can't get the items for whatever reason then it's your problem.
If you don't have enough ST you can decide what to take, what to leave behind. Wasteland is harsh ;P

In the future I would like more special encounters that are more than just "treasure chests" waiting for you.
Warehouse with new cars is a bit like that already, although it was made simpler than initially planned.

Maybe Pro players could just PM and GM's would snappily deliver goodies to their bases or tents promptly, would solve any pesky carry weight problems and think of the convenience?

Might look like this:
Dear lackey Voland, I see in the fonline gift catalog a very nice gauss pistol and ammo.  I'd very mush like 10 sent to my summer base up by klamath as that is where I do most of my action.  Also please deliver a few gatlings with 2000 mfc to my centaur leveling base by SF as that would really speed up my leveling process.  I have a deadline to have my new character to 24 by this afternoon so I would greatly appreciate delivery in the morning.  Thank you and I'll have my next special encounter gift selections picked out by tomorrow.  XOXO

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »

Wait, you're actually developing things?

Color me in red and call me chinese, it's a miracle!  ;D

p.s.  Any ETA on the new special encounters?  ...  b-besides soon, seeing as you already have one finished?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 06:47:45 pm »

Being able to carry stuff is one of the basic things that every char should be able to do. It wouldn't hurt anything if every char had for example 100 cw. Small frame would have to be redesigned but so what.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 26 queries.