"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 05:08:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Changelog 09/12/12  (Read 25491 times)

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
Re: Changelog 09/12/12
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 12:55:19 am »

when(if) iam thinking i see picture of one character coming again and again to keep fighting for his gang. He would have base on nearby respawn camp with supply of cars for fast move to combat zone. 20s respawn timer and 1 or 3 min relog timer would greatly encourage people to do it this way. o_O or not?!

but after trying to bring joy to PVP apes i wake up and i see crippled PVE players who cant even repair his broken car on wm becouse car was stolen in meantime, he was trying to bring repair guy...

i never experienced 1 character playing in fonline but i would welcome it one day. o_O or not? maybe...
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2012, 01:18:33 am »

i never experienced 1 character playing in fonline but i would welcome it one day. o_O or not? maybe...

I totally forgot for a moment how it was, currently it's just moving alts, more alts and alts. There was this time when players fought with one character and when opponents died you didn't see them logging off.  ::)

Not much point to bitch about it because it has been bitched about for a long time now, have to find something else to bitch about, this is too mainstream.
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 03:45:46 pm »

There is Bitching and then there is bringing up a point that should continue to be brought up, especially if it is such a broken feature as Fast Relog.  I never ONCE had a problem with 3 min reload time, even when it said it was supposed to be 10, why because I had my character and I did the stuff I needed with it, I didn't need 15 other alts to do my job, hell even going to the mine didn't bother me when I actually took my 3 character's and waited a total of 9 minutes filling up their gathering timer.  I miss the days where alting was something the dev's were working to reduce, man did the apes bitch but it was a glorious time, but I guess it's ok now the apes can FR all day long f'n over any real player of the game, the trolls don't even have to wait a full min to get replicated anymore (BTW thanks for taking away the ability to tell the noob that just burst you while you were bluesuit gathering or whatnot what you think of them guess the pk's got their feelers hurt)*sarcasm!*.  It is funny how if it effects something the apes use they will cry soo hard, but if it effects the pve/regular players, and someone mentions it, the apes just howl from their trees about how people are crying over something. 

Hell I'm to the point where I think it would be funny just to wipe the server and require 3-4 charisma just to make a character leave wherever they spawn, just to watch the apes flip out.  But as great and balancing as that might be, it's not really fair.  This changelog was the first in awhile to address things actually wrong in game, and even though now locker doors don't auto-close in bases (could be everywhere I dunno) it was well done.  I just hope the dev's keep working on things. 

P.S. Raise the encounter rate of the spiffy cars lol I actually played more in the last month than the last 6 and haven't got one.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:50:58 pm by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2012, 07:59:10 am »

I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48:54 am »

I agree with Trokanis,more or less.
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 06:47:52 pm »

There is Bitching and then there is bringing up a point that should continue to be brought up, especially if it is such a broken feature as Fast Relog.

Stop bitching.

I didn't need 15 other alts to do my job, hell even going to the mine didn't bother me when I actually took my 3 character's and waited a total of 9 minutes filling up their gathering timer.  I miss the days where alting was something the dev's were working to reduce, man did the apes bitch but it was a glorious time

It's like.

Hey guys I needed to use multiple alts to dig resources before and didn't have a problem with that including the extra time I had to waste by switching characters, but now that I don't have to do that anymore and dig resources with one character always, where the fuck are developers who work to reduce the amount of alts required to play this game?

I don't even ...

I will not sink deeper into your post, it's like brain damaging and most probably will be very insulting for you, I can do just fine without a ban.

Last time, logging CD wasn't meant to be removed, it's nobodies fault and it's an engine problem you can't fix so simply as one might think, so your bitching is not doing anything good, but just demotivating developers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:50:49 pm by T-888 »

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »

Relog timeout is set in the server config, actually.

Very easy to change...
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:46 pm »

Oh really, you don't say? Did you know once it is set there is a bug that you won't be able to log on your character until next server crash, restart. I heard it is quite common, so it was disabled as that is an engine problem and who knows when the right people will have time to look at this.

codave

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 11:33:19 pm »

Never experienced it myself.

It's too bad the server never crashes and has to be restarted huh?

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 11:41:09 pm »

I'm just waiting for the update that says the Hinkly 20 second re-spawn is fixed, as well as drugs in Hinkly. C'mon devs! As soon as those 2 things happen, I'm gonna bust out the credit card and donate.
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 11:42:54 pm »

Never experienced it myself.

That's why because the CD is set to 0, was already like that in closed beta test for this session, players at first didn't pay attention to it, thinking that is most probably so it is easier to test or whatever reasons that rationalized the lack of CD. Some of course thought it was a "feature" and what not miracles someone can think of.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:48:40 pm by T-888 »

codave

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 11:57:15 pm »

I meant I've never experienced it when working with the SDK, not 2238 server. Of course I've never experienced it in 2238, how would I even know if I did? :D

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2012, 04:29:27 am »

I agree with Gimper: the Hinkley fixes will be very good.

* No more spawning bluesuit outside the gate
* These are PvP fighters. They must have drugs
* No more Charisma 3 requirement to get stuff from gear girl
* No more starting outside the fence at barrels (happens sometimes)
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:42 pm »

Ah poor t-888 missed the point oh well.  Basically there is stuff wrong in game, the most recent update worked on some of the stuff that was broken, and I hope they continue.  I'm sorry I used the feature fast relog as an example as it appears that is very close to your heart.  The truth is just because someone brings up an issue does not mean they're bitching, (that was also in the post I believe)  And I'm all for the good old days when players worked with less alts, (which was me agreeing with your post just before mine) I just hope something comes of the thought process the devs used to have when they were working on limiting the need for alts.

(Oh and I did use an example of bitching rather than bringing up topics which was wanting more car spawn rates. Still want that btw!!!)  ;)
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 04:27:35 pm »

Ah poor t-888 missed the point oh well.

I just hope something comes of the thought process the devs used to have when they were working on limiting the need for alts.
Last time, logging CD wasn't meant to be removed, it's nobodies fault and it's an engine problem you can't fix so simply as one might think, so your bitching is not doing anything good, but just demotivating developers.

Seriously are you still bitching? Now you tied this somehow to me, are you that stupid or something? I don't even ...

I hope common sense strikes you, because Developers for sure haven't changed their initiative to decrease alts, how the hell did you came up with that? Everything besides FR what was and is out of their hands, the need of alts has only been reduced.

Purely just some utterly pointless whining and bitching is coming from you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 17 queries.