Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] Importing models for Items/Weapons into the game.  (Read 55695 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: [TUTORIAL] Importing models for Items/Weapons into the game.
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2013, 04:17:22 pm »
Very good Graf. I made the radio a little bigger so that it looks more like this one. Not that big, of course.

(the second picture is using an animation from the bazooka set)

Also, this is why the painting was so important...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFWuzAkhsM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFWuzAkhsM</a>

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2013, 04:59:04 pm »
Wow, that's something new to me :) Does it actually changes clothes by clicking on the painting? If so, then why did you used the Elvis painting, not something else? Maybe I had missed something in a popular culture...

P.S. I'll post something else tomorrow.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2013, 05:49:15 pm »
It does. I wanted to add a button somewhere, but I had no idea on how to do that. So  I used an item instead. There are lot of useless items in Fallout, but that's the one that came to my mind. It's just for testing the clothing layers; I guess we could add cloth items in the future or something like that.
 The good thing about this is that it works with armors. I had no armor in the video, so it kept going back to the vault suit, but if you wear an armor, it switches from the armor clothing to the custom clothing (random in this case, not custom at all :) )

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2013, 09:21:44 pm »
Hm I don't seem to be doing this at your speed guys but here is another item from me Oxygen tank.

Code: [Select]
Value 417 Attach MI_OxygenTank.x Texture 0 ITEM_OxygenTank.png Link R_Handle_1  Scale 4 RotX 180 RotY 60Download link contains previous items too:
http://db.tt/f2R1Ah2w
Also I took the liberty and converted most of the textures to png I think it would be better to have the textures in 1 format instead of 4.
http://db.tt/YcbGfOeJ

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2013, 01:46:34 pm »
I've experienced some problems today. I was trying to import such items as big ammo boxes, radscorpion tails and other stuff of that kind, but no success. It looks weird when it's carried in one hand. This is why we'll definetely need some extra animation sets for carrying two-handed items. Also, how to change the animation set for the items? I know how to do this for weapons only, but not for misc items.

Anyway, here's the stuff I have managed to import.

Code: [Select]
Value 440 Attach MISC_biogel.x Texture 0 MISC_bio_med_gel.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 0.05
 Value 377 Attach MISC_electronic_parts.x Texture 0 MISC_electronic_parts.tga Link R_Handle_1 Scale 1.3
 Value 278 Attach MISC_flint.x Texture 0 MISC_flint.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 0.15
 Value 366 Attach MISC_geck.x Texture 0 MISC_geck.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 0.7
 Value 535 Attach MISC_gunpowder.x Texture 0 MISC_gunpowder.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 1.5
 Value 536 Attach MISC_gunpowder.x Texture 0 MISC_gunpowder_advanced.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 1.5

Download link
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:20:22 pm by Graf »

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2013, 05:47:25 pm »
The only way I could do it was setting the item as a weapon, so it's not recomended for ammo. I did it for the minerals.

In the misc.fopro list , change the value of Type= to 3, which is weapon, and then add the Weapon.Anim1= 
 Useless items won't be a problem, other than "put your weapon away!" when you are holding a water chip, but ammo can't be changed because it's needed to be Ammo type.

However,  this is just for testing. I guess there must be a better way to do it.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2013, 07:59:22 pm »
If you guys want to start a test server, i'll throw in some money. Some quality work you're doing there.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2013, 08:19:37 pm »
If a good amount of stuff is already done, I'll guess we could slowly start adding it to 2238.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2013, 08:55:55 pm »
I'm running a private server next weekend, from my pc, so I can't have many players connected to it. Then share some ideas, spot bugs and such.
  Before we do a larger test, or add anything to 2238, I'll have to update the files to the newest SDK, which is not totally compatible with the older version I use. Then we'll see...

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2013, 09:41:08 pm »
Karpov, YOU are doing us a favor by this. ;)

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2013, 10:19:48 pm »
I had a mess about with the 3D models in a newer SDK a while back - it was discussed here : Need help getting Karpov era 3D models to work with newer SDK revisions. Didn't really come to any conclusions, but might be useful to read through some bits that were messed with.

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 06:07:32 am »
I'm running a private server next weekend, from my pc, so I can't have many players connected to it. Then share some ideas, spot bugs and such.
  Before we do a larger test, or add anything to 2238, I'll have to update the files to the newest SDK, which is not totally compatible with the older version I use. Then we'll see...

What is your system and bandwidth specs? I'm curious, cause if needed I can provide one temp platform for test.
Opex, the one and the only!

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »
What is your system and bandwidth specs? I'm curious, cause if needed I can provide one temp platform for test.

Poor. I guess I can hold up to 6-7 players.

Thanks ,I appreciate your offer.
  If this goes ok, I'm planning on porting all the stuff to the last version of the SDK. Then we'll see if we can mount a bigger server.

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2013, 06:14:54 am »
Ok, so I' keep watching all this 3d magic you all guys doing:)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:32:57 am by Jlekc »
Opex, the one and the only!

Offline sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2013, 10:08:13 am »
Great job this 3D. It look amazing and i hope it will show ingame soon :)
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.