Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] Importing models for Items/Weapons into the game.  (Read 54874 times)

Offline vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: [TUTORIAL] Importing models for Items/Weapons into the game.
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:58 am »
heh, i aprove this, add it to game :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:44:47 am by Graf »

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 12:07:01 pm »
Needs crate carrying anims.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 12:23:08 pm »
Harald - Luther once created some nude skins for some sort of "cutscene" in my game - I am sure the files are still floating around somewhere. ;)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »

Code: [Select]
Value 543 Attach MISC_Hatchet.x Texture 0 ITEM_Hatchet.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 2 MoveX 1 MoveY 2
 Value 127 Attach MISC_Rope.x Texture 0 ITEM_Rope.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 0.4 RotZ 90 MoveX 7
 Value 508 Attach MISC_Doll.x Texture 0 ITEM_Doll.png Link R_Handle_1 Scale 1.3 RotZ 90 RotX -90 MoveZ 8 MoveY -10

Every download gets you your survival hatchet and rope but if you download in the next 30 years you gain a bonus rubber doll.
Download
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2013, 03:50:10 pm »
This looks great! :)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 03:53:59 pm »
A lot of items has been done today. I was aimed to finish all weapons, but there was some issue with the power fist model, that doesn't work for me and crashes client or doesn't show the model in game. Other than that - the weapons section is almost done.

Code: [Select]
Value 425 Attach WP_wakizashi_blade.x Texture 0 ITEM_wakizashi_blade.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 3
Value 233 Attach WP_turbo_plasma_rifle.x Texture 0 ITEM_turbo_plasma_rifle.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 0.23 RotY -90
Value 45 Attach WP_throwing_knife.x Texture 0 ITEM_throwing_knife.jpg Link R_Handle_1  Scale 0.035
Value 234 Attach wp_2knuckles.x Texture 0 ITEM_spiked_knuckes.jpg Link R_Handle_1  Scale 0.35
Value 7 Attach WP_spear.x Texture 0 ITEM_spear.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 50 RotY 180 RotX 6 MoveX 3 MoveY -4
Value 320 Attach WP_pole.x Texture 0 ITEM_sharpened_pole.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 3 RotY 180 RotX 6 MoveX 3 MoveY -4
Value 280 Attach WP_spear.x Texture 0 ITEM_spear2.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 50 RotY 180 RotX 6 MoveX 3 MoveY -4
Value 383 Attach WP_shiv.x Texture 0 ITEM_shiv.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 2
Value 423 Attach WP_Rock.x Texture 0 ITEM_gold_nugget.jpg Link R_Handle_1  Scale 50
Value 397 Attach WP_pulse_rifle.x Texture 0 ITEM_pulse_rifle.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 1 RotY -75 RotZ -10 MoveX 2
Value 85 Attach WP_plastic_explosives.x Texture 0 ITEM_plastic_explosives.jpg Link R_Handle_1  Scale 0.2 RotX 90 RotY 90
Value 365 Attach WP_plant_spike.x Texture 0 ITEM_plant_spike.jpg  Link R_Handle_1  Scale 1.5
Value 28 Attach WP_gattling_laser.x Texture 0 ITEM_gattling_laser.jpg Link R_Handle_1 Scale 1.1
Value 21 Attach WP_brassknuckles.x Texture 0 ITEM_brassknuckles.jpg Link R_Handle_1  Scale 0.35

Download link

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 03:57:09 pm »
Excuse me but that gatling laser is waaaaay to small.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, 10:47:42 pm »
This is going fast.
 Graf, I have different models already for the spear and the Gatling laser. I made the first one because that piece of cloth on the spear had to be animated. The Gatling I used was made by LagMaster, and he asked me to texture it. They look like this.

jacky.

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 10:57:50 pm »
That is sweet :)

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2013, 01:31:05 am »
Neat...
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 08:42:38 am »
Graf, I have different models already for the spear and the Gatling laser.

Alright, these models and textures are a lot better than which I have had.

Any idea on what could be wrong with the power fist model? Here are the files, if anyone would like to test it.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 12:13:58 pm »
Trying out the power fist. Works just fine for me. I can freely select both. Although, I can tell you one for a fact. When I pressed Exit to save the rotation and scale parameters I have added, the client crashed. However, I can't seem to be able to replicate it now. I will post screens when I'm done.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 03:38:04 pm »
You have to attach it to the Root because it is rigged to the hand and fingers. "Root attach wp_powerfist.x" no need to position or scale because it is attached to the right bone from the model file.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 04:09:07 pm »
All standard weapons (except the power fist / mega power fist) are tested and available from the inventory.

Download link

No screens today. Too many things has been changed.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »
You have to attach it to the Root because it is rigged to the hand and fingers. "Root attach wp_powerfist.x" no need to position or scale because it is attached to the right bone from the model file.
Not entirely sure about that. There seems to be that there are 2 power fist models flying around. The first model was the one that I mysteriously found in the folder "Critters" already. This model already has a rig and everything. For whatever reason, the model Graf used is kind of a little more detailed model (it has the spikes for example), however is missing any rig. Why on earth are there two power fist models? Anyways... I did what you instructed me to do, I used the parameter Root and everything works.

Permission to upload?