"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 02:48:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Changelog 25/03/2010 and Server Wipe  (Read 27462 times)

Re: Changelog 25/03/2010 and Server Wipe
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2010, 12:58:18 am »

Good wipe, but:

I am not satisfied with is that brahmins and lone wanderers attack you.   :( I know this is how it was like many updates ago, but then you guys changed it so that they don't attack you, but now they attack you again.

And I know that this is already been complained about, but FA during turn-based is not allowed. I understand that you made it this way so that people can't wait in turn-based to heal themselves, but can't there be a better solution? I'll tell you as soon as I think of one.

Not just wanderers.  I just got killed by an NCR caravan the first time i met anyone from NCR.  They appeared 2 hexes from me and one-shotted me before I got a turn.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world -- Those who understand binary and those who don't.
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2010, 01:22:19 am »

I've only played for a while, but I just love new changes. ven if not all of them are 100% good - it's REALLY refreshing ;)
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2010, 02:36:17 am »

Not just wanderers.  I just got killed by an NCR caravan the first time i met anyone from NCR.  They appeared 2 hexes from me and one-shotted me before I got a turn.

Happened to me too.  Still, I'm very impressed w/ most of the new changes.   THANKS TO THE DEVS!!!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 02:55:24 am »

After several hours of playing I decided to note my thoughts about it.

First - the start of the game. This "I've woken up in this abandoned whole, needed to find cover because of this sandstorm, else I'd died" is really good!
Than the next conversation with this old man is also good, and a subtle "guide" for rookies.

Those new locations (I'm sure I didn't catch them all) are very good looking. I also like how you finally get a quest from time to time, I just stumbled upon this sergeant in Adytum who wants to have more ammonution for his big mofo howitzer gun. Nice! Also cool to see the scenery stuff from van buren made it to the game.

Next thing - those mining locations look darn nice. The whole atmosphere in general is much more mature and well developed then before.
I really have to give respect on this, the first time for months I'm really surprised about this. Good job! Hope I can enjoy the atmosphere a little longer. :)

I also noticed a few subtle changes (sound when punching one in the face etc) and caravans who shoot at me for no reason.

And it's sad the cathedral is gone. :(
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2010, 06:29:37 am »

What about cigarets? What time for craft and exp?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2010, 06:56:05 am »

Now game is more like survival game :D
and i like it. thanks for devs.
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:55 am »

Cigarettes now use Tobacco so I have no idea what the cooldown or exp is.

Simms

• Canada!
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:02 am »

By the way, what about bottlecaps?
 Do they restock anyhow? 'Twas fun stripping them for cash selling varous nonsense (including brahmin poop, yeah), but now Wasteland lacks bottlecaps even more than junk.
 Concerning the fact that ore, minerals, poop in the Wasteland are infinite respawning resources, why shouldn't the cash be too? It should support the economy and correspond the amount of produced goods. Seems like now it doesn't.
...and I don't even get paid for it.
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2010, 12:46:46 pm »

Please consider randomizing the "start time" or the speed of the animations for the new critters.  They all animate at exactly the same time and speed now, and it looks like the "giant rat line dance"...  Distracting...
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world -- Those who understand binary and those who don't.

TuX

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2010, 12:57:43 pm »

IMHO the most pressing issue at the moment are the lags which make the game, maybe not unplayable, but really annoying. I don't know is this because of the number of players or something else. And I think that junk should be a little bit easier to find. Dang I had no problems finding high quality minerals but encoutering a few pieces of junk took me like 1,30 hours

Oh. but in general, great work guys. This is how the wasteland should look all the time. People with simple weapons scavenging and trading. This is the shit!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:00:24 pm by TuX »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2010, 01:28:57 pm »

I am playing since 3 hours now. In the beginning we got some crashes due to testing stuff. But since then it runs very fine for me-- without any lags.

And I didn't died once yet. Hurr durr.

avv

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2010, 01:37:00 pm »

Will there be new downloadable client in developer blog for those who can't get the game work/updated?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2010, 01:56:12 pm »

Lexx let's admit you are cheating :P that's why you are not dying, have you tried leveling up? I mean like a normal player?

Blubber we miss You!!!
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2010, 02:00:30 pm »

He was in red combat armor :D
Its hard to die in those...

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 02:12:01 pm »

Lexx let's admit you are cheating :P that's why you are not dying, have you tried leveling up? I mean like a normal player?

You mean with punch Brahmin and FA? :p

I am lvl 2 now, nearly level 3. Didn't cheated and no, I am not playing with "Lexx" character. Also I have some positive reputation already in a few towns, which is cool. \o

Also I didn't fired a gun yet. Only used my hammer to fight, if needed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.