"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 12:32:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Plasma torch  (Read 20255 times)

Plasma torch
« on: November 18, 2012, 12:03:26 pm »

Gatling lasers chop us in half, snipers knock us out, I for one would like a strong melee weapon in this game to reward hth fighters for their hardships in battle.
Re: Plasma torch
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:01 pm »

I present to you the Super Sledge. Knock yourself out.
My opinion, Melee and Unarmed  will never be better than guns without overpowering it. Its really too difficult to balance these.
I'd like to think i can be proven wrong.
Everything must change.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 01:05:40 pm »

I present to you the Super Sledge. Knock yourself out.
My opinion, Melee and Unarmed  will never be better than guns without overpowering it. Its really too difficult to balance these.
I'd like to think i can be proven wrong.

Still requires to bang your opponents repeatedly into submission. High tier melee combat should be quick and lethal for such close range.

And don't use such a tiny font, it makes you look like a jackass.

Uftak

• Wicked&Ugly
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:28 pm »

Well, as far as I remember only cattle prods got different damage type (electric) in melee arsenal, so this is a nice idea.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:11:38 pm by Uftak »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 01:23:11 pm »

FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 01:24:29 pm »

All there is left to do is implement it ;D

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 01:50:18 pm »

I am not sure if fonline is prepared for something like this. It might become trolling tool quite easily.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 01:52:06 pm »

I am not sure if fonline is prepared for something like this. It might become trolling tool quite easily.
How is it any different from one hexing someone?

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »

Not if it will be expensive and hard to get
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

avv

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 02:06:11 pm »

How is it any different from one hexing someone?

The difference between onehexing with ranged weapon and onehexing with unarmed is that unarmed auto-tracks your char to the enemy and won't release the attack until the char is indeed within 1-hex range.

1hex move with ranged weapon requires skill, timing and reflexes because you have to manually move your character next to the enemy and launch the attack. If you launch too soon, you do 1/3 of the desired damage and likely get onehexed yourself due to the animation time.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 02:21:07 pm »

The difference between onehexing with ranged weapon and onehexing with unarmed is that unarmed auto-tracks your char to the enemy and won't release the attack until the char is indeed within 1-hex range.

1hex move with ranged weapon requires skill, timing and reflexes because you have to manually move your character next to the enemy and launch the attack. If you launch too soon, you do 1/3 of the desired damage and likely get onehexed yourself due to the animation time.
Melee characters with a plasma torch would still have a disadvantage over ranged characters. What's stopping you from just fleeing, wait for ap to regenerate and burst that nuisance from afar?

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 02:25:31 pm »

Melee characters with a plasma torch would still have a disadvantage over ranged characters. What's stopping you from just fleeing, wait for ap to regenerate and burst that nuisance from afar?
unarmed auto-tracks your char to the enemy and won't release the attack until the char is indeed within 1-hex range.
Isn't it quite simple enough?
Back to theme: plasma torch shouldn't be in game with current stats.
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »

Isn't it quite simple enough?
Back to theme: plasma torch shouldn't be in game with current stats.
You still have to get close to your enemy to deal any sort of damage and by that time you could get either knocked out or bursted for 500+ damage. Simple no? Gatling laser shouldn't be in game with current stats also but you don't see people whining about it.

avv

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 03:56:39 pm »

You still have to get close to your enemy to deal any sort of damage and by that time you could get either knocked out or bursted for 500+ damage. Simple no? Gatling laser shouldn't be in game with current stats also but you don't see people whining about it.

What's wrong with gatling? It only instakills people without any protection which is totally justified. And 500 dmg is reachable only with bypass critburst or onehex. Only problem with it is that either it deals really good, good or hardly any damage depending on enemy's armor but that's another issue entirely.

The reason why unarmed and melee can never compete against ranged characters is that it's strategy is too simple and has too little options. And the ranged trooper can always just choose to run away, which turns this game into retarded hide and seek catch game, which was witnessed when we had HH trolls.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »

What's wrong with gatling? It only instakills people without any protection which is totally justified. And 500 dmg is reachable only with bypass critburst or onehex. Only problem with it is that either it deals really good, good or hardly any damage depending on enemy's armor but that's another issue entirely.

The reason why unarmed and melee can never compete against ranged characters is that it's strategy is too simple and has too little options. And the ranged trooper can always just choose to run away, which turns this game into retarded hide and seek catch game, which was witnessed when we had HH trolls.
This game has already turned into a retarded super stimpak bg slugfest, all I'm asking is for a little bit of variety. I'm not interested in unarmed trolls, I'm talking purely about melee characters who already need to be fully geared up to be effective. We can argue about this all year or we can get the devs to implement this weapon in the game to see who was right. The same devs implemented 220 AC which made the game broken, so why should they be afraid of implementing this weapon? If it's overpowered they are free to remove it, but don't deny us the chance to test it properly. After all, we're in open beta.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.