Yes, I will!
- 9 (19.6%)
No, I won't!
- 30 (65.2%)
I did already!
- 7 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Would you (or did you) join your army?  (Read 7307 times)

Y0ssarian

• incredible
Re: Would you (or did you) join your army?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 09:51:45 pm »

I'm too weak and squishy to actually hold a real life 3d gun.
power

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 11:05:38 pm »

No conscription in Canada
Wrong, technically.

Conscription happens in canada when it's 'needed'.  Such as world war 1 and 2.

Only reason conscription isn't more common (Modern times) is because there's more than enough volunteering it isn't necessary.

Gov can still conscript you whenever they want to...  they just don't need to yet.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43:04 pm »

In Australia Conscripts are banned from fighting overseas but cause of a loop hold in WW2 they had to fight in Papua and in Vietnam they found another loop hold so maybe I am not sure

PS. I would join to kill some commies/muslims
Brad Smalls is back

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 12:04:04 am »

PS. I would join to kill some commies/muslims

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 12:07:41 am »

joking ofc
Brad Smalls is back
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 12:08:10 am »

What's wrong about killing muslims/commies anyway?

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15:16 am »

What's wrong about killing muslims/commies anyway?
If you're using a high-power rifle without any compensator the recoil might hurt.

Pacifism

• Remember Neil Armstrong
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 12:36:35 am »

Nope! I considered it when I was an 8 year old of course but according to my high school's career results  top 10# I'd make a much better Officer of the Law, or Corrections Officer, or Po-roll Officer or a Social worker or a garbage man. I'd much rather help people than you know... invade there fucking country. No offence to anyone who was in the service.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:50 am »

I might join U.S. Marines after high school :P
Back In-Game :D

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 07:54:10 am »

In my country the military used to be mandatory for everyone when they finnished highschool, but they changed that law now. I would defenetly join the army if I can't have anything better to do. Every male in my family joined the army, so I guess it would be my turn too. I would also have no problem killing people for my country, if I had to.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:56:47 am by Gob »

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 09:36:59 am »

Problem is, as of today, sending your army to another country is not necessary for many countries. Germany for example focuses on protecting economic borders(trade routes on the ocean for example) and help allies in the middle-east with the Bundeswehr. That's not worth killing a man for your country in my opinion.

In my opinion killing in self-defence is only justified if your own life(while at your country, not on tour with the army boys) or family/friends/neigbours are in great danger (ZOMFG russian invaders! *Sorry old german joke*).

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 03:26:30 pm »

In my opinion killing in self-defence is only justified if your own life(while at your country, not on tour with the army boys) or family/friends/neigbours are in great danger (ZOMFG russian invaders! *Sorry old german joke*).
Yeah, but the problem is you can't assess the danger when you're under duress and have no information about the attacker's true intentions. That's why most of the civilized countries allow it, at least on paper.

Besides I don't really understand why people think about doing combat tours in conflict zones when they talk about joining the army, even if you want it and live in a country that actively takes part in NATO operations the odds are high you're never going to go overseas unless you join special forces. Most developed countries including the US have their militaries just to sort of be there and look tough to keep their citizens safe and scare would-be aggressors, it's not like conducting operations is their primary focus. I mean aside from the Middle East there isn't a whole lot of warfare going on in the world.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 03:31:07 pm »

If army wasn't associated with an organization, government or a country - sure.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 04:40:44 pm »

Canadian conscription happened but they barely managed in ww2 it would never happen today. That and our multiethnic population has no ties to other peoples conflicts. Any gov't that suggested conscription would fall.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 06:38:19 pm »

canada's maple syrup cannister shot bombs helped the Allies defeat the gigantor and pimped out Panzers of the Wehrmacht by making thier treads all sticky and deliscious. no blood was ever shed.

except those russians.
power
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 25 queries.