"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:50:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sui Generis - new kickstarter project!  (Read 3137 times)

Re: Sui Generis - new kickstarter project!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »

Now that is how Diablo3 should have looked like. Awesome stuff.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 11:25:56 am »

The great thing about the engine is that it makes everything on spot. You import a model - it automatically creates a physics calculation for it, it also doesn't create just so called "physboxes" which means that every single polygon of the model is also a polygon for physics calculations. The same applies to lighting, everything is automatically calculated like shadows and stuff. The engine has randomly generated volumetric clouds and other cool stuff. The problem I see with it - Oh, it has this, this and that. Now, how does the game differ from other games where you can hack and slash and use physics?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 08:31:03 pm »

The character animations look insanely retarded, as if two drunken guys would try to fight each other.

Well maybe they are really drunk?  Maybe you go chug a mead before you enter the battlefield.

But is combat really that slow? or are they going to speed it up?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.