"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:30:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gamble for gear  (Read 1220 times)

Fat Man

Gamble for gear
« on: November 02, 2012, 05:34:23 am »

How about ability to make a gambling alt and hit the poker tables and gamble for random rewards. I think gambing for caps is too abuseable and too easy but what about gambling for random items, each time you win on gambling you get a random item or a rare chance for a blue print. Top gear should be really rare and most rewards would be shitty but there is that chance to get something decent.
Re: Gamble for gear
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:57:02 am »

bots
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:25:17 am »

yeah bots
or a paperweight on the keyboard
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Fat Man

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 07:38:48 am »

Randomly switch the dialog each time you go through the dialog or cool down.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:55:32 am »

Randomly switch the dialog each time you go through the dialog or cool down.

same outcome
set script to engage click (start dialogue) then pick an option at random.  Most will fail, some will win.

but for cheesey poofs and stuff like that, carnival prizes, who cares i guess
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:57:52 am by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 05:55:19 pm »

I remember in Fallout tactics you could gamble with NPCs: you put an item for gamble and you pick an item for gamble if NPC agrees to gamble you gamble and winner takes all. That was simple but good enough, FOnline could have same thing, so people could gamble in town or random encounters with friendly NPCs etc...

Fat Man

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 04:37:55 am »

I remember in Fallout tactics you could gamble with NPCs: you put an item for gamble and you pick an item for gamble if NPC agrees to gamble you gamble and winner takes all. That was simple but good enough, FOnline could have same thing, so people could gamble in town or random encounters with friendly NPCs etc...

That would be interesting if players could sit around and gamble their gear while playing a card game. But we have other features like that can gamble on boxing ring in junk town which is player base not single person goes there.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 06:04:40 am »

How about changing gamble skill to gather kill for gathering resource  ;D
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 07:40:27 pm »

Actually gamble should became driving/pilot skill in my opinion it was there in Tactics so it would be quite easy to balance.
Yeah Tactics had gamble too but I think that skill shouldn't really be here it would only serve as a free item/money tool for some min maxed chars... Although driving/pilot skill could lead to a min maxed char too but its better then with the gamble I think.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 29 queries.