"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 02:50:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Please, abandon pvp. Start making quests  (Read 6289 times)

Please, abandon pvp. Start making quests
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:22:25 pm »

Hello, dear Devs!
message for developers/game staff(gm's, moderators) only.

My long and cry-full story :)

In WOW is totally no balance (1 class can kill 5 other class but cant kill 2 class at all, never, just if player going to go afk or break mouse/keyboard)

Dont mind about troll-messages like *make balance*

There is no balance in single player RPG - you start to kill 1 npc - to the end of game you kill all npc (or just hostile/unfriendly)
Players is same

Correct me if i m wrong : is it hard to add double amount of quests ? i think ideas can be obtained from books/movies.
"unlimited" quest amount can bring alot friendly PVE players, which dont care about pvp balance and flameboards at forum.

They can visit forum once per month and donate some $, maybe.
Why not focus on this players ? I see alot population at FOnline, but mostly i see only PVP/troll players in suggestion/pvp boards/donation board/announcement board

Please, abandon pvp. Start making quests !

Regards.

by gamers for gamers BY DEVS FOR DEVS
Re: Please, abandon pvp. Start making quests
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:26:17 pm »

I can't believe trolls make suggestions..oh wait I remember your 30 suggestions.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »

Hello, dear Devs!
message for developers/game staff(gm's, moderators) only.

My long and cry-full story :)

In WOW is totally no balance (1 class can kill 5 other class but cant kill 2 class at all, never, just if player going to go afk or break mouse/keyboard)

Dont mind about troll-messages like *make balance*

There is no balance in single player RPG - you start to kill 1 npc - to the end of game you kill all npc (or just hostile/unfriendly)
Players is same

Correct me if i m wrong : is it hard to add double amount of quests ? i think ideas can be obtained from books/movies.
"unlimited" quest amount can bring alot friendly PVE players, which dont care about pvp balance and flameboards at forum.

They can visit forum once per month and donate some $, maybe.
Why not focus on this players ? I see alot population at FOnline, but mostly i see only PVP/troll players in suggestion/pvp boards/donation board/announcement board

Regards.
Sorry, thats just bullshit, let me say some true facts for you ok?

Making quests is one of the hardest shit I've touched while trying to do something for this server (and I've failed hard).
I can get ideas for quests even doing shit in toilet, and those will be even good ideas, but the whole "hard thing" starts when you need to write a script for it - then it is just like hell.
As you should know donations aren't for Devs cheap wine and whores (depends on sex) but just to run the server to let all those trolls hater's and noobs play the game. (PS, dunno how much times I'll repeat that, but I'll still do it)
To explain my sorryass behaviour I wanted to add (sadly for me) the game is dependand on the PVP players, and the PVP should be prior for Devs, but this isn't another game but just a hobby (from what I see ; p) and it is nothing wrong about that (just some douchebags can't stand it lololo get some).
Even if Devs nerf everything that can be nerfed, hardass trolls will still play the game, - Devs do not be afraid to nerf more  things.

Sorry for my bad-language, but that was just "must happen" post.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:34:27 pm by Tomowolf »
h

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 09:35:34 pm »

please, abandon this forum.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 09:37:33 pm »

please, abandon this forum.
This is the first time I agree with you lolo.

To not make a great offtopic I'd like to see the heavy handed added to the melee weapons, or this will be just "roleplay skill".
h
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 10:04:25 pm »

This is the first time I agree with you lolo.

To not make a great offtopic I'd like to see the heavy handed added to the melee weapons, or this will be just "roleplay skill".
seconded, knocking someone on their ass with your fists seems less logical than with a sledgehammer

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 10:14:00 pm »

Here is a tip.
Stop comparing this "indie" game to a multi million dollar MMORPG.
And stop trying to turn this tiny free 2 play mmorpg made by a few guys in their bedrooms into a huge game that requires thousnads of people and millions of dollars to make.
You want this game to be 100% for you and no one else.
PVP is one of this games largest attractions because of the factions system thingy.
PVE is probably the 2nd thing and RP is nowhere near these two.

Before spamming an another suggestion first think about what others who do PVP,PVE and RP ,just visualize ,try to think like them,how will they feel?
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 10:21:29 pm »

also as much as I hate wow for being bland it is pretty well balanced considering the pve aspect and all the available classes/skills/gear. Fonline is about as complex as a snowball fight, balance should be easy to achieve.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 11:43:43 pm »

You can RP in FOnline. You can do it even with people.
But whom do you want to educate, a guy playing retard for attention? Because you give him all attention he needs, Mike.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 01:52:06 am »

One of the forum rules starts like this.

4. Make sense.

That guy doesn't make sense at all, nowhere about everything he talks, it just like some random gibberish nobody agree to, nor someone makes some sense out of him and then the question raises. Why the guy even exists here?

Do you talk with your dog when he barks or the cat when it gets all cute? Maybe you do, but you kinda pretend they understand maybe just for a moment then realizing it is just an animal ...

but this guy that Ore Whatever, that guy isn't even worthy to be considered an animal, i just can't pretend he understands, not even for a short moment.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:03:46 am by T-888 »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03:52 am »

One of the forum rules starts like this.
4. Make sense.
It's not always enforced, you should know best.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 12:02:08 pm »

Saying that the server is perfect was a little ironic.
There is no way any game could be perfect. But i find the dev job pretty satisfying, and won't blame them more than i'll blame trolls.

Maybe it could have priorities.
But it don't think, in any way, that PVE and RP should go to garbage in order to develop PVP.
The balance should be more effective between those three. By developing exclusivelly one of these aspect, you make flee two third of the server population.
Same goes on between casual gamers and progamers.
There should be enough content for both of them to be satisfied.

About the quest, i agree that it is hard like hell to make them.
Also, there are already a lot.
But after 3-4 years, they start getting old. (and a little boring sometimes)
More would always be good.

Another issue i have with them is the lack of reward.
There is only a few of them, that give some interesting rewards.
The vast majority of them give far less money/XP/Item/Reputation, that what you already gain when farming, PVing or PVPing.

Except maybe for Glow, Ares or Metzger, there is almost no gain for gang member. It is not worthy for them to bother doing them.
Even for little gangs or effective solo players, they could get far more gain withouth doing them.

It is, in my opinion, a bit waste of scripting and immersion, to not invite players to do these quest, by not promising valuable rewards, that worth doing those quests.
Even players that deeply love doing quest won't bother to do them a lot, knowing that these quests won't fullfill their needs.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 07:03:46 pm »

Do i hear the 2238 isn't falloutish enough?

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 07:28:10 pm »

Do i hear the 2238 isn't falloutish enough?
Yes thats what OO said.
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 08:00:47 pm »

This Game isnt Fallout 1 or 2 LMFAO what the heck have all the citys and npcs , from fallout 1 and 2 , to do with 2238 ? if it werent the same thing why didnt have builded it different ?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.