"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 08, 2024, 07:54:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Changelog 10/10/2012  (Read 35439 times)

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
Re: Changelog 10/10/2012
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2012, 01:55:13 pm »

Hth can never compete against ranged weapons without being overpowered or unfair. If you have bad range, you have less options it's simple as that. For example improved flamer does nice damage but nobody uses it because of bad range. Raise damage? Then it becomes Bumrush weapon. Same applies to hth.
You are soo damn wrong :) I know HH with power fist and max resists (with armor ofc) have chance against bursters, but if you play HH tank, you just need to think about how to play it not just trolololo
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2012, 02:11:13 pm »

@Rage master, i said i agree HtH too strong before. but now too weak. i am objective before and also now, but you never objective.

@T888, you right, but now is too nerfed. HtH trolls only bad because always so many. players prefer risk no stuff and die more times instead using BG and risk more but win more. it is a old players problem, not like risking.

@Jovanka, maybe enemy miss at 25hex, but from 25 to 2hex they kill me in 1 or 2 shots. of course i use tactics, lots tactics, but not enough if character is too weak: no miracles.. i just lose 1 Power Fist each time because low AC.

@Avv & Perteks: toughness & crit resist good for HtH, but why not AC? if lower AC, but not so low, character need armor, drugs, etc, for when gets hit.

noone want 220AC, but at minimum enough for dodge some hit. if not, AC just worthless.

avv

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2012, 02:23:26 pm »

noone want 220AC, but at minimum enough for dodge some hit. if not, AC just worthless.

You know, last session we didn't have high ac characters and nobody wanted them either.

AC can save you from long range attacks. You will survive in situations some characters would simply die. Is that not enough?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2012, 02:30:57 pm »

And none wants AC trolls what die and lose nothing :)

Rage master

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2012, 02:35:53 pm »

Lvl up normal build farm best gear take all drugs and after That go to nr and let u be beaten to death by ac hh troll in pijama...:)

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2012, 02:38:14 pm »

It was the most ridiculous feature i've ever seen in this game and it's good that devs nerfed it. Same story with SD granadiers and HH trolls...

One thing i don't understand. Why it took so long? Devs never change.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:41:42 pm by manero »
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »

if AC is not exagerated, it introduce a new way of play fonline PvP, like sneak, throw, jinxed, thief, barter, etc.
i think beacuse AC was introduced too high (and stay high so long), players were scared and tired, and now do not want even to hear about it. but if AC is balanced it is just other way to play, alternative to habitual sniper or BG. players should admi tthey do not like, but be ojetive.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2012, 02:47:16 pm »

AC introduce a new way of play fonline PvP, like sneak, throw, jinxed, thief,

Not true. There were sneakers, throwers, thieves or even based on 'In your face' perk  jinxed guys in game before over powered AC  ;)

and barter

I just loled here ;D

AC introduced advanced trolling and nothing more. Cheap and ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:52:45 pm by manero »

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2012, 03:02:54 pm »

I say fuck unarmed
Brad Smalls is back

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2012, 03:03:37 pm »

PvP barter, i must note that.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2012, 03:44:06 pm »

There was/is/will be no troll characters. Its players trolling with certain character types but it won't make those character types troll characters since no thing like that exist. Its just players...
On note toward HH the change is interesting however it may have been better if an ST vs ST check would have been added to it too. The - from no gear can make certain task harder like slaving where using a mega power fist means your victims die instead of getting knocked out anyway its ok since for the 5th try it seems to work out always with no weapons.
On AC lowering to 140 it is ok I guess though it may have been better to have it at 120 or 160 those numbers sound better then 140... as a side note to AC it was possible to use it with big guns too was interesting but not so good to really play with a character like that not enough damage output and no hp to survive retaliation fire.
A general note on unarmed and melee, people tend to underestimate these skills but they are quite good you can get these skills relative effective at 120% also although people mainly play RT with these skills they can be just as effective in TB too.

avv

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2012, 04:03:03 pm »

There was/is/will be no troll characters. Its players trolling with certain character types but it won't make those character types troll characters since no thing like that exist. Its just players...

But some builds are more suited for trolling. Trolling in this case means being able to cause trouble without a risk. A safe town thief could be considered a troll too.
If you try to say that you can troll with normal avenger build, but many will disagree because killing you means they get loot.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2012, 04:06:23 pm »

omfg pre-wipe there were STILL unarmed players despite it being not that "op" and guess what? it was very effective back then too. now you need to use tactics to rush with power fist and maybe use armor and tank-like perk to be effective and not make some fucking cheap-ass build that can kill fully armed/armored players.

by the way, yuri boyka, you died to my characters in reno because i have high enough skill on my characters to take you down, and i change my aim to body parts with highest hit chance. it's as simple as that. and just because you got hit 2 times with 50% hit chance that doesn't change the fact that the chance was 50%. you just got unlucky whereas before you had a flat 5% chance to get hit.

you ask for the AC to go back to 160-180 and i bet (and im 95% sure that i'll win) that your build has EXACTLY 180 AC.

and to be honest i like that they put powerfists to be effectiv to HTH combat. i won't mind getting attacked by powerfist hth as long as i have  a chance of killing him and getting some loot, whereas before that didn't happen.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:10:38 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2012, 04:24:38 pm »

Well every character can be used to just enter without gear and science items or loot there is no need for special builds. An avenger build with enough HP can have a chance to do not as much as those high ac or sneak characters though.  But you are right with what you wrote players tend to use characters that are easier for the task.
I tried to use AC for a minigunner he wasn't useful in the end but well he had no BRD nor Lifegivers or Crit perks it may have been possible to do one that could have been a good fighter but who knows.

I agree with you Dope unarmed/melee was quite effective without AC too and it still is.

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2012, 04:36:05 pm »

At least make AC 160-180 so that others need to invest in more gun skill %. 140 AC even with full Gear still makes a useless HtH (as 9/10 times one simple cannot get close enough), this is bad statistics for hth to risk gear.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.