"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 09:18:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Super stimpack bind  (Read 4411 times)

Fat Man

Super stimpack bind
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:24:26 pm »

I think super stimpack should take 5 action points and not 3.

First aid requires 5 action points to use, requires some time to regenerate but a super stimpack with bind can give you 100-150 hp click of button 3 action points to use, 3 action points regenerate like nothing in real time. I think these should cost 5 to use in real time, but in turn base don't change.

What is point of first aid anyways wait 1 minute to use requires a lot of skill points takes more action points to use in a fight...

Just don't see the thinking here on this one.
Re: Super stimpack bind
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:19:41 pm »

ss in combat heals roughly the same damage as a single attack, so if you use them while being shot you can maintain current hp level but not generally gain. It's fine as is.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 11:35:57 pm »

Maybe CD to eat SS, huh? Anyone? Currently it is some candy eating and there is no drawback (maybe only be unconscious and die by health reduction witch is working like poison), first aid is completely scraped due to SS despite it being "free"( well actually it isn't it costs int special points). It is more effective to dump int for more luck witch helps against critical shots.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:39:26 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 11:38:22 pm »

3 second timer is fine.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 11:41:14 pm »

Is or would be?

Stop confusing me. ;D
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »

Waiting for action points to use ss is already cooldown
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 11:50:03 pm »

Yes, that raises the question if it is enough and is it good for game play when players are focusing you and you survive due to spamming a button.

FA would be more useful if such CD would take place and that is good for game play.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 11:53:42 pm »

IS because at times, sometimes people have 250-280 hp with CA+toughnessx2+pyscho, avenger or RL(even ap) doesn't do it, and only a gatling laser can kill this fucker who is spamming SS. Sometimes it takes 3-4 people to kill this guy spamming SS.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 11:57:38 pm »

I understand that, but currently such timer isn't implemented, so it would be fine you meant. :)

What do you think about flexible system like having CD on bind, but you can eat it without CD by opening window?
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 12:00:15 am »

It is possible to implement such a timer, this timer exists in Goon Haven. This timer does not need to happen, it can require higher AP or such.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 12:04:02 am »

This timer does not need to happen, it can require higher AP or such.

Different ways of how the CD is increased, player might experience it differently, but the effect is the same.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 01:58:32 am »

I never get to spam stimpacks. Snipers and rocket launchers always steal my action points and I think this is good. Makes snipers and rocket launchers important in battle

Also 1 hexing a stimpack abuser is effective

And fights are short anyway, just 2 shots and you're dead so stimpacks help lengthen fights which is a good thing

I don't think there's a need to change it
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 02:13:36 am »

We are speaking about tanks and SS. Not your crappy jet builds whom can only survive 2 bursts.

Fat Man

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 02:20:22 am »

Waiting for action points to use ss is already cooldown

Average gun requires 6-7 action points to fire, 5 for small gun burst with BROF but small guns builds aren't really used in PvP except snipers which is 7ap for eye/head/groin.

Even with a double shot build 12ap with 3brd big gunner vs another tank build you do not kill them and between that time to get that third shot off somebody can eat 2 super stims to full health.  3 action points regenerates very quickly its nearly seconds in real time.

I think 5 action points is reasonable or a cool down. Now how many seconds between super stims is debatable, so I think requireing more action points would be better route. Also this is an easy fix than trying to code in a timer for real time. But if they were to do a timer I think 5-10 seconds would be good only in real time. In turn base there isn't an issue with super stim packs.

I was in reno using a grenadier build and it was ridiculous that 1 plasma grenade kept being thrown and a super stim was ate each time I through a plasma grenade. Eventually a guy would run out of super stims to be killed but I still think 3 action points is too low when using with hot key.

Opening a menu and using super stimpack is fine but we have the bind, and I wouldn't want them to get rid of it so I think timer or more ap requirement is best.

I never get to spam stimpacks. Snipers and rocket launchers always steal my action points and I think this is good. Makes snipers and rocket launchers important in battle

Also 1 hexing a stimpack abuser is effective

And fights are short anyway, just 2 shots and you're dead so stimpacks help lengthen fights which is a good thing

I don't think there's a need to change it
One hexing isn't always an option, in a huge 10 vs 10 battle. Plus rocket launchers don't do much damage maybe 100 damage on a good roll first shot on metal armor. You fire 2 rocket launchers at a guy it takes longer to first a 3rd shot and guy could just eat 2 super stims, and run out of view.

Look I use super stimpack hotkey and it makes me survive and I love it but I think for the sakes of better gameplay there should be a timer or a 5 action point requirement. It gets very lame to get into a super stimpack battle.

Also there is now no advantage to use first aid what so ever other than for roleplaying. What is the point of this skill? You can't use it in turn base it requires many special stats like luck and intellegance which could be spent in better things like endurance and agility and it has a cool down even with medic perk that is still 30 seconds to use between each cool down. And 30 seconds is like 250+ skill points. Its only useful at hinkly thats it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:34:55 am by Fat Man »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 02:36:28 am »

I dont think its necessary to alter SS usage. SS dont grow on trees, even if it means they are easy to get, nobody carries 30+ of them.
You might bring into one fight 20 of them and wont have a chance to use one, because of lucky crit, while on the next fight, you regret you didnt bring more of them.
Popping SS one after another serves to interesting feature, when one guy tanks all the damage while others bring DPS. Its one of the very few things, that gives you freedom in your actions (f.e. shall I tank this damage right here ? Or shall I run for cover and mend my wounds there ? Or maybe its better to stand still, hope for luck and help my group do some dmg)

This suggestion brought FA into question. That is, what should be improved, not SS. 2 APs for SS use and even bigger healed numbers (or reduced CD) would be just fine.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 29 queries.