"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 09, 2024, 03:49:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Donations needed  (Read 74358 times)

Re: Donations needed
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2012, 09:07:27 pm »

It's normal to expect some development of the server with or without donations in either case.
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2012, 11:37:59 pm »

It's very sad for me to see that there is so many players who tries to racket or has so distorted thinking that dont understand simple difference between donation and wage.
They are not asking payment for their time spend on development but want to pay fees to provide place for your endless journey in post-apocalyptic world.
You all should understand that they spend their free time which is pretty limted without any demand on reward to enhance players (yours) experience.

And it doesnt mean that they do not listen to players if current development doesnt fulfil your expectations.
Discarding all changes because you think that game is crap right now would be pretty regressive and god protect us from people thinking this way.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 12:19:12 am »

Ignoring of well known bugs or huge game disbalance (AC trolls, ...), basic and reasonable players wishes (NC), or reluctance to change it results into state, where old and (or) faction pvp players and their factions dont want to donate. Same players donated and supported existence of this game past years since open beta. "Houston, we have problem!"

For my self, i dont play 2238 and i played it only few weeks this session, because i dont have time to participate on experimenting with major game mechanics without visible effort to fix them in time. If i am lucky, i have hour per day that i can spend in any of game. I can imagine typical answer from newbies, "then 2238 is not for you, leave",  but thats not truth. Fonline have had game mechanics that alowed to play and enjoy PvP in and hour or two. Until someone from developer staff implemented changes that are contrary even to developers time possibilities.

So simply, if you will reimplement game mechanics from past few sessions, that would allow player with work, girfriend, dog/children and selfrespect to play this game, then i will donate.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

jacky.

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:47 am »

Amen...but most of Them Have no lifes :) So they cant see it like u :)
Play fo and Have no life or gtfo :)
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2012, 01:26:50 am »

It has been said few times already and it's becoming boring. You don't pay devs for they work, they work for free. Money is raised to keep the servers running and even that is voluntary. They don't have any profit from that.
You don't have time to play, yet you expect them to have it and be there on your call to fulfill your demands.
They've already stated that the problems you have mentioned have been noted and will be changed when it will be possible.
If they are busy now there is nothing you can do so get over it. As Lexx said, they are not ignoring anyone, and I believe they probably agree with all the suggestions posted by you and other experienced players, just have some patience.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2012, 11:12:32 am »

It has been said few times already and it's becoming boring. You don't pay devs for they work, they work for free. Money is raised to keep the servers running and even that is voluntary. They don't have any profit from that.
You don't have time to play, yet you expect them to have it and be there on your call to fulfill your demands.
They've already stated that the problems you have mentioned have been noted and will be changed when it will be possible.
If they are busy now there is nothing you can do so get over it. As Lexx said, they are not ignoring anyone, and I believe they probably agree with all the suggestions posted by you and other experienced players, just have some patience.

You should not give such lessons when you just played for some weeks. Some of us play since the beginning. We have experienced way much more deception that you can ever imagine. Have some fucking respect for players, they are not carpets.

JovankaB

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2012, 11:55:31 am »

Deception? What do you mean?
You can donate so we can keep the server with game (and forum and wiki) running for you, nothing else was ever promised AFAIK (and you shouldn't expect anything else, because all money goes for server and recently even this wasn't enough - pretty much a single person sponsored your recent pew pew sessions, but this simply can't go on. And it's quite funny that big donations I know about didn't actually came from loudest PvP mastas, but from people that you may not even agree how the game should look like or what's important (at least in one case a few months ago).

To those who donated so far - thank you very much for help.

And to the rest of you - enjoy your free ride I guess (and it's fine really, just have a little bit of sense and at least don't call names people who in the last years spent hundreds of hours working on the game and solving your problems for free).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:07:13 pm by JovankaB »

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:27 pm »

Regardless whether you like the development path on 2238 the server needs to be paid for if it is to remain in service.  That's really the only issue being discussed (or should) in this thread and is independent of anything else.  If you like having a server then you might wish to donate, if not, then don't, pretty simple really.  Now as for whether this sucks or that sucks, there are already 8 million threads for that or feel free to make a new one.  Personally I've enjoyed 2238 but I think this session is < last session but doesn't matter because I don't have any money anyways ;)
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 01:51:29 pm »

Maybe it would be better for all, if server goes down. Wake up call for both devs and players
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:56:18 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2012, 04:57:22 pm »

I agree, Sarakin, I definitely agree. And I hope things will change.
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

Have some fucking respect for players, they are not carpets.

Oh yes they are, at least you are in the eyes of developers judging from what Lexx said.

They think you as in the community don't respect them by demanding something, crying, whining, insulting etc. etc. means you carpet for them.

This logic is undeniable.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12:48 pm »

"no taxation without representation"? "let's bargain"? This is one of the saddest threads I've read.

Anyone can disagree with the way devs work on the server and/or the way they communicate with us players. But such aggressive attitude and lexical choices don't fit the topic at all. It's some indie game, devs work on it in their free time, devs are not a government oppresing us, and we are not some wrokers' union or anything like this...

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2012, 08:33:37 pm »

Holy crap... while reading this thread I was feeling like, you know... hitting a little finger at a wall, hundred times in a row. If you know what I mean. So much sadness in seeing how degraded this community has become over the past 3 years. Shame on you, guys.

P.S. I'll try to donate something by the end of this week, since I really appreciate your hard work.

LeonTheNorse

• Hobo with a shotgun
    • Crazy 88 Forum
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2012, 08:58:15 pm »

will donate on friday, pay day then.

jezioro

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:16 pm »

Lets see, all they do is ban me on irc and these forums (over 1,000 times in this past year I might add) basically telling me fuck off can't talk to other players or the community. The developers call me a retard... Nope not getting a dime out of me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.