"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 17, 2024, 12:12:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Donations needed  (Read 73730 times)

Re: Donations needed
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 07:52:21 pm »

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 07:55:22 pm »

Shame on you, son, shame.

Well. I still appreciate hard, ungrateful work.
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 08:34:36 pm »

We are striking. I encourage everyone not to donate. If there will be no update in the upcoming days then I will donate to project eternity by obsidian instead. It will be a better use of my money

JovankaB

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:10 pm »

In that case, Hut ab, Lexx.

Donated.

Thank you for your contribution.
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37:20 pm »

We are striking. I encourage everyone not to donate. If there will be no update in the upcoming days then I will donate to project eternity by obsidian instead. It will be a better use of my money

Meanwhile, everyone else donated enough money to cover server costs for two months.
Yay community!  ;D

Thank you for your contribution.

You're welcome.
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »

This complain about trolling playerbase isn't just bad for dev, it is also bad for new guys who get often frustrated from the fact that a lot of playerbase are just pk or trollers.

By complaining everyday, it won't motivate the dev, and it won't motivate the new players to come.

At the end, it is getting very hexausting...

Thanks for you money, Horatio.
I will play longer thanks to you.

avv

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37:55 pm »

My motivation is fun from working on something, not to get as much internet fame as possible. In such a case, I would chose to work on a more popular game. Seriously, since 2009s release, we got insulted pretty much all the time from at least one group of players. Not just criticised, but insulted. Heh, in the beginning especially I was the target for a lot people, simply because I was one of the most visible devs- I was to be blamed for everything, even things I never touched. So yeah, if fame and love would be my motivation, I would have quit over 2 years ago.

But keep in mind you got many people who are sworn the help and assist and keep going with the game. Some of the oldest players have been here since many years.
What comes to insulting vengeance is stronger feeling than gratitude and haters gonna hate, nothing can be done about that except ban and junk.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 08:38:23 pm »

.... Not just criticised, but insulted. Heh, in the beginning especially I was the target for a lot people, simply because I was one of the most visible devs- I was to be blamed for everything, even things I never touched. So yeah, if fame and love would be my motivation, I would have quit over 2 years ago.

Public face is needed for any project, at the time players for sure didn't know who of developers had what roll. They see developer, they think you are interested in the issues of the server, not only in what you do, because well a developer in common sense should be. Unless you weren't interested in actual development, but just to make some dialogs, to be a writer for this project. That would explain your passive attitude to everything what is going on here and thus the angry players. :)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 08:44:55 pm »

Our passive attitude developed due to this. It is more healthy for everyone if we don't state our opinion at all.
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:00 pm »

With such attitude, it may be more healthy for everyone if you don't develop it at all, just bring back session 5 changes and let it be. I would be happy then.
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »

... It is more healthy for everyone if we don't state our opinion at all.

Huh? Why? I've noticed that players get frustrated due to the opposite, tell me how can it be. I've read for example old posts of Solar and other developers sharing their information and communicating about what is done, what should be done and i kinda don't remember reading some direct insults, maybe some concerns in an inappropriate tone, but come on ... can't be worse that you actually state it.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 08:55:21 pm »

Huh? Why? I've noticed that players get frustrated due to the opposite, tell me how can it be.

If they don't like what they hear, they get frustrated as well.
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »

Of course, but that is part of it all, if someone can't manage his manners it's a banana and what is the problem in the end?

You have moderators for that anyway.
Angry player: "&@#&*#&*@ you lexx don't work, bla bla bla!"
Lexx: "da fuk? Eat banana!"
End of story.

Most probably you have read the forum enough in the past months, have you noticed what happens to the common player on forums when you do shady stuff without any consent of community?( common player goes ham, you just choose to ignore it witch you should and respond to something constructive, let the moderators sort them out ) It's not better for anyone.

I don't exactly understand thoughts behind the scene. From what is happening it looks more like some crazy like-to-be designer or programmer coming up with features that nobody wants and nobody can be expected to wants them, and then spend long time fixing the damage caused.

It all can be avoided with proper communication.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:08:48 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

Meanwhile, everyone else donated enough money to cover server costs for two months.
Yay community!  ;D

Well at least it's not my money that is feeding AC trolls :-*
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 09:13:45 pm »

Maybe it's the AC trolls that donated.

And T-8 is right, communicating is better than silence. The lack of replies can be sometimes misinterepreted as arrogance and negligence. And rage... Rage is always there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.