"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 20, 2024, 06:38:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Donations needed  (Read 73778 times)

Re: Donations needed
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 05:42:23 pm »

The forum runs on the same server, btw. So if the server goes down, not only the game, but also the forum will not be available anymore. We probably can pay for a few months by ourself, but not for a very long time.

Don't worry, just shut the server off, players that don't read the forum and don't care about the server quality will of course give money to you to upkeep this forever dying horse.

Think about the scenario if 2238 goes down for good, long story short it's green light for all other projects, half finished or in progress it doesn't matter.

Interesting thing that jovanka suddenly started to talk about an update in one other topic and about an actual change witch was requested by the community, intended by Solar like an eternity ago. Funny coincidence, i guess some big fat update is coming to kick-start the optimists and money will flow, so by all laws of physics if someone does donate we shouldn't exceed the 3 month limit that way getting some useful changes at least every 3 months.

JovankaB

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 05:44:39 pm »

In the last 2 moths there was over 250 commits (updates) in the server and client repositories.
Many of these were simple things, some other are bigger projects that are still work in progress.

But really the point is that without donations there will be no public game server and no forum
like this one (might be some small board a on free server for dev use in the best case ). I can
speak only for myself, but my point of view is that it's really mainly for you not for us (or at least
for me). I'm having fun with repository not in the game and it's stored on a free server.

Again - this is only my opinion, but if hundreds of players who play the game can't sustain the
server by cheaping in from time to time, then I don't think a few people who actually spend their
time working on it should jump out of cash to provide YOU a free game to play.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:47:33 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 05:56:12 pm »

Please, we all know that a free game these days is nothing special, it's nothing to be proud of, maybe 10 years ago it was or more. Some other project comes up if this goes down and most probably a project witch will not ask for donations, good isn't it? It would be like an improvement.

In the last 2 moths there was over 250 commits (updates) in the server and client repositories.
Many of these were simple things, some other are bigger projects that are still work in progress.

We don't see actual changes that are necessary to sustain a higher population or for this project to grow into something better including the game itself, there is always something screwed up and forgotten or something that doesn't bother any of the developers, thanks for nothing, again.

I can say thanks for some lag fixes, field of view, changed SD, support perks, general perk changes, eased up requirements for them, binds etc. etc. there are quite a lot of good changes that were brought in with this wipe, actually very much good changes, but the server is always lacking some good polishing, good example was the new TC system witch in the end never was fixed, though had a lot of good potential as this game itself.

I don't exactly understand thoughts behind the scene. From what is happening it looks more like some crazy like-to-be designer or programmer coming up with features that nobody wants and nobody can be expected to wants them, and then spend long time fixing the damage caused.

This comes from another topic, but oh my, i would sign my name under every word of his.

It's a never ending story and i don't believe you would have any fun with purely only repository, i just don't believe that, as soon as 2238 would go off, the community would go away elsewhere and so as your fun.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:08:34 pm by T-888 »

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 06:39:40 pm »

I want to add I realy enjoy this game in past 3 years but now I will don't have big problem to see him go down.

Jovanka you can say all you want, AC troll can be fix in less than 30 minutes and we are still waiting. The staff have 0 excuse for that. This kind of thing is not acceptable. We are very angry about the situation because we love this game so much, he have great potentiel but to many time in past years we ask very easy fix and it took 6 month + to have it.

And what about you (Jovanka) banning some people in TC for dual log, when this rules close to never get apply in this session. Yes you can't be there all the time, but if you make a rules hire the man power to be sure it will be respected must of the time or forget it.

I don't understand how you can try to ask monay with this actual situation, no taxation without representation.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »

To LeMark: You simply didn't get that.
If WE don't pay, there will be no 2238 online, and then you can just play on some tlamk123, and whine there about their server.
Its not like Devs "asking" you for money for THEM but for YOU, that you can login again and splash some bluesuits.
To all to this thread: If you still don't get it, just keep those shitty words for yourself.

And one more thing : I'am not ass licking anyone here, I do not like the way Devs work on this game, but its their game and you should respect them, even if those updates are not cool, and just making players angry.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:49:59 pm by Tomowolf »
h

avv

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 06:51:09 pm »

I'll just say this before someone else says it with more hostile tone.

It doesn't make very good impression on the playerbase if a developer is silent for months only to tell that money is needed to run the server. We got some nice devs like JovankaB, Wipe, Mayck and Johnny Nuclear who participate in discussions here and in irc. But would be nice if the actual old timer devs who got the real say on development could share their ideas of the game and communicate. Or just play the game and see what's it like from the player's point of view. I could even donate so that they could play it.
You could have some goals like capturing a tc town, finding all blueprints or constructing a base next to every town :>

Sucks to be the messenger of ill news but playing the yes-man won't help either.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 06:54:06 pm »

It doesn't make very good impression on the playerbase if a developer is silent for months only to tell that money is needed to run the server. We got some nice devs like JovankaB, Wipe, Mayck and Johnny Nuclear who participate in discussions here and in irc. But would be nice if the actual old timer devs who got the real say on development could share their ideas of the game and communicate. Or just play the game and see what's it like from the player's point of view. I could even donate so that they could play it.
You could have some goals like capturing a tc town, finding all blueprints or constructing a base next to every town :>

Sucks to be the messenger of ill news but playing the yes-man won't help either.

I will add if the old Dev don't want or can't give more time to 2238, give more power / liberty to the fresh blood. When the server crash most of the time  JovankaB, Wipe, Mayck and Johnny Nuclear are online, but they can't restart it, another thing who make 0 sens.
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 07:01:28 pm »

you know the drill.

Hmm...  :-\

Is it just me or do you accept only monetary contributions to the game? No suggestions or something like that?

Bigger WIP projects that come unannounced, uh-huh. I see.

But really the point is that without donations there will be no public game server and no forum
like this one (might be some small board a on free server for dev use in the best case ). I can
speak only for myself, but my point of view is that it's really mainly for you not for us (or at least
for me). I'm having fun with repository not in the game and it's stored on a free server.

Again - this is only my opinion, but if hundreds of players who play the game can't sustain the
server by cheaping in from time to time, then I don't think a few people who actually spend their
time working on it should jump out of cash to provide YOU a free game to play.

Huh. Was this supposed to make us feel bad?
I work too and earn money (that you want me to donate). In the second shift, i work 'mining', 'crafting' so i can have my fun.
In your second shift you work on the game so you get praised/to feel loved/supreme.

In theory, it's easy, we like your game, we help you out with money. Now i see that many people not really like what you're doing. In addition, you make it sound like "give us money or we close the server", what's not helping the cause.

Or do you want to say that you don't even need playerbase to have fun with developing the game? Or do you expect that there will be always people eating everything you serve? (because it's free and has Fallout stuff in it)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:03:04 pm by Horatio »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 07:03:11 pm »

It doesn't make very good impression on the playerbase if a developer is silent for months only to tell that money is needed to run the server.

Which is why we didn't posted a message last month. But this month we had to.

In your second shift you work on the game so you get praised/to feel loved/supreme.

:D I must have missed this in all the years.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:14:15 pm by Lexx »

jacky.

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 07:06:52 pm »

lexx, can u spare 1weekend to make some fixes and run 1-2updates. then money will flow.

Kinkin

• In dust we trust!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 07:11:03 pm »

Bring back session 5 rules, i'll donate. This was almost stable and balanced.

i can see communities with 100+ player interested on 2238, all of them tested or had feedback by friends about new sessions, all of them feel sorry.

All of them tell "next session i'll be back". Every session they test it and it's getting worst and worst...

it's not free criticizes, we'd like to be constructive because we're part of an "hard core" of players since the beginning, and noone supported the project like us during is life.

We don't want it end, but stop beeing "sorcerer's apprentice" : keep good features, remove fucked ones. Persistant universe is not supposed being played with such bugs exploits and/or unbalanced rules.
In dust we trust!

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »

lexx, can u spare 1weekend to make some fixes and run 1-2updates. then money will flow.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but jacky. has a point...

If at least one developer just sticks around for a couple of days and fixes even the slightest thing, I think currency will come in...

Just update/fix the simple things like AC or just the brahmins, not much...

BTW, I'm not asking for anything, just the facts... :)

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 07:33:47 pm »

:D I must have missed this in all the years.

For some reason i can't imagine you as a masochist, (but not as a poor martyr, either.)
Your motivation must been a great secret.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 07:40:52 pm »

My motivation is fun from working on something, not to get as much internet fame as possible. In such a case, I would chose to work on a more popular game. Seriously, since 2009s release, we got insulted pretty much all the time from at least one group of players. Not just criticised, but insulted. Heh, in the beginning especially I was the target for a lot people, simply because I was one of the most visible devs- I was to be blamed for everything, even things I never touched. So yeah, if fame and love would be my motivation, I would have quit over 2 years ago.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:45:11 pm by Lexx »
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »

In that case, Hut ab, Lexx.

Donated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.