"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 01, 2024, 04:27:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to Recruit a Companion?  (Read 1820 times)

Pacifism

• Remember Neil Armstrong
How to Recruit a Companion?
« on: September 28, 2012, 03:42:35 am »

Alright so I found a female Traveller in Metal Armor near the Rawhide saloon in NCR. I can speak with her and my dude wonders if he knows her. I can ask what weapons she specializes in and she says hammers, knifes etc...
Anyhow, after that my only option is to say "Goodbye" and after that it just repeats. Is there any way to recruit her? I have a shitty Speech of 30 but I have 5 Charisma and no other followers except for the Ghoul Dude with a spear back at my tent. According to the Wiki 1 Charisma = 10 Part Points and I have 5 so that means atleast 50 and it says to recruit her I need 50.
Any ideas anyone? I'd just like to know incase I run into any companions in the future since mercs seem like a money pit, buy them for alot, pay them once in a while, they die, the end.

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
Re: How to Recruit a Companion?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:57 am »

Maybe someone already claimed it and just has him there on wait, just to troll people  ;)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:14:46 am »

you need 70 pp for a follower.
5ch+ 3o speech = 60pp also a ghoul takes 50pp so you really only have 10pp not enough close enough for follower.
Roaming the waste again.

Pacifism

• Remember Neil Armstrong
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 06:04:43 am »

you need 70 pp for a follower.
5ch+ 3o speech = 60pp also a ghoul takes 50pp so you really only have 10pp not enough close enough for follower.
So my fellow Canadian, your saying I need my Ghoul "Leonard" to have an "Accident" am I right?  ;)

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:27:47 am »

No. He is saying that you can't have companion with your build. You need 70 PP, but your max is 60 PP ;).
Followers
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:29:51 am by Mike Wall »

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:51:11 am »

So my fellow Canadian, your saying I need my Ghoul "Leonard" to have an "Accident" am I right?  ;)
Exactly. You need to 'free the space'. Though 'accident' can be done with command '~disbandparty' for all your followers or '~disbandparty away_team' for those ones who in other map location than you.
Plus you can temporary increase your party points via using drugs like beer (+1 CH -> 10pp) or mentats (+2 CH -> 20pp).
Innocence proves nothing

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:59:03 am »

Plus you can temporary increase your party points via using drugs like beer (+1 CH -> 10pp) or mentats (+2 CH -> 20pp).
Oh, yeah, that might do the trick. :)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:47 pm »

i have 60pp normally

i boost my Charisma by 1 point by drinking a Beer and that gave me the 70pp enabling me to recruit a companion

so now i have 1 companion

when my Charisma drops back down after the beer effect wears-off my pp becomes 70(used)/60(available) - ie I am using more party points and I actually have

if my companion dies in this situation will or will he not respawn?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 06:32:41 pm »

i have 60pp normally

i boost my Charisma by 1 point by drinking a Beer and that gave me the 70pp enabling me to recruit a companion

so now i have 1 companion

when my Charisma drops back down after the beer effect wears-off my pp becomes 70(used)/60(available) - ie I am using more party points and I actually have

if my companion dies in this situation will or will he not respawn?
He will still respawn and take orders. just make sure you tell him where to respawn.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 06:54:54 am »

ok, so i think i have found a companion, and i have 0/81 pp, i have looked at the followers sheet on the wiki, but it doesn't make much sense, so i'll ask here, after drinking a beer, my pp went to 0/91, and i have 7 CH (naturally but after the beer it went to 8) and i still can't seem to figure out why i can't get any companions to join me, they say, "doesn't look like you can lead anything in the wastes" is it because my speech isn't high enough (it was at 35 but now it's at 50%) any answers would be cool, if not, then i'll figure it out at somepoint in time! Thanks!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 08:41:01 am »

its because you've picked loner trait.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.388 seconds with 23 queries.