"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:37:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Help with PvE char  (Read 4870 times)

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
Help with PvE char
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:34:13 pm »

Was thinking about playing again (haven't played since feb). I already have a 24 level PvP sniper and a level 12 PvE thief. But was thinking leveling up a PvE HtH char for high tire critter encounters. Had few ideas in mind, which do you guys think is better (can such builds even farm), for farming high tier encounters. I am hoping build 1 & 3 would work as it would be funny too see critters crippling/critical failure themselves because of jinxed. Some advice please.

Build 1:
SPECIAL=1,6,10,1,2,10,10 (power-fist/mega-power-fist + Jet optional)
Heavy handed + jinxed char with Limewire, Bonus HtH damage+, In Your Face, Lifegiver, Lifegiver+, bonus HtH Attacks, HtH criticals,  Dodger+,

Build2: (AC whore)
Heavy handed + Kamikaze with Limewire, Bonus HtH damage+, In Your Face, HtH evade, HtH evade+, bonus HtH Attacks, HtH criticals, dodger+

Build 3:
Same as build 1 except take adrenaline rush, toughness + even tougher instead of lifegiver perks & dodger+ perk.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:44:50 pm by AdolphbinStalin »
Re: Help with PvE char
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:17:55 pm »

Was thinking about playing again (haven't played since feb). I already have a 24 level PvP sniper and a level 12 PvE thief. But was thinking leveling up a PvE HtH char for high tire critter encounters. Had few ideas in mind, which do you guys think is better (can such builds even farm), for farming high tier encounters. I am hoping build 1 & 3 would work as it would be funny too see critters crippling/critical failure themselves because of jinxed. Some advice please.

Build 1:
SPECIAL=1,6,10,1,2,10,10 (power-fist/mega-power-fist + Jet optional)
Heavy handed + jinxed char with Limewire, Bonus HtH damage+, In Your Face, Lifegiver, Lifegiver+, bonus HtH Attacks, HtH criticals,  Dodger+,

Build2: (AC whore)
Heavy handed + Kamikaze with Limewire, Bonus HtH damage+, In Your Face, HtH evade, HtH evade+, bonus HtH Attacks, HtH criticals, dodger+

Build 3:
Same as build 1 except take adrenaline rush, toughness + even tougher instead of lifegiver perks & dodger+ perk.

Personally,if you need farming i wouldn t rely on hth.Try something like this.240 hp more or less,6 laser shot or 2 burst with bg guns,or 6 ar rifle shots,tag whatever//Insane carry weight and 14 ap,enjoy your farming.
Fast shot.
bonus move
strong back
pack rat
action boyx2
brof
lifeg,lifeg plus.
s7
p6
e10
c1
i5
a10
l1
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 02:47:11 pm »

I agree with Rain, however if you really want to stick with HtH what kind of encounters exactly you have in mind?
I assume you consider RT farming here. In my opinion, Build2 and AC perks won't be much of a use here because you would have to be constanly in move to utilize AC, and critters would most likley just run after you istead of shooting.

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »

I agree with Rain, however if you really want to stick with HtH what kind of encounters exactly you have in mind?
I assume you consider RT farming here. In my opinion, Build2 and AC perks won't be much of a use here because you would have to be constanly in move to utilize AC, and critters would most likley just run after you istead of shooting.
I would like to farm high tier stuff like BOS.
I was thinking same, plus  will be standing when in hand to hand so AC perks wont save me all that much.
I am also inclined to change Str to 6, and Pe to 1 and use psycho & beer as option for extra +20 damage resistance.
So maybe something like this:
SPECIAL=6,1,10,1,2,10,10 (with power fist + beer+ psycho)
Heavy handed + jinxed char with Limewire, Bonus HtH damage+, In Your Face,  even tougher, adrenaline rush, toughness, bonus HtH Attacks, HtH criticals.

I am hoping that a 'potential' max of 50/8- Resistance/DT + 50% chance critters will miss (In Your face perk), when I am within 1hex, along with all the critical failures to critters because of jinxed will keep me alive!?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:21:24 pm by AdolphbinStalin »
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »

forget farming bos with hth char. make hybrid sg/bg char with 12 ap's and 3x brd. or 285hp tank with toughness perks and psycho + beer.

anyway, im pretty sure that strength 1 + heavy handed will not work effectively since kd is related to strength
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:04:41 pm »

forget farming bos with hth char. make hybrid sg/bg char with 12 ap's and 3x brd. or 285hp tank with toughness perks and psycho + beer.

anyway, im pretty sure that strength 1 + heavy handed will not work effectively since kd is related to strength
this, you want HH and kamikaze, 10 str, 10 agi, 1pe, 1luck, 1 cha, 10 end
put all your perks into ac and use the last 3 for in your face, hth and hth+

or if you want to solo bos take fast shot instead of kamikaze(5 dmg per punch that bypasses armour, takes forever on armoured targets otherwise.

You don't want bruiser since hh is all about attack speed

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »

Well I decided to go with HtH. I leveled up to level 3 quite quickly on m.molerats. Only problem is 'key binding' to auto aim doesn't seem to work with hth. Albeit I can still aim manually to different body parts, this restricts me to TB as Aiming manually is almost impossible in RT? Is this a know bug? Very annoying and somewhat game breaking.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »

it works with any knuckles. only doesnt with bare hand
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 08:33:05 pm »

spiked knucks are a huge improvement, 15% crit from haymaker is useless unless you are trying to cripple

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 10:58:37 am »

My PvE unarmed farmer:
I went with SPECIAL 6,1,10,1,2,10,10
HH + Jinxed

I am currently approaching level 12

Current traits:
Adrenaline rush
Bonus HtH damage+
Even Tougher

Now here's the dilemma:
I plan to get: In Your Face, HtH attacks.

Now I cannot decide on other perks, should I go with-> 1. Action Boy x2 + Bonus Move (and make it a TB farmer) or 2. Go with HtH criticals + Tougher + Bonus Move (combined with beer+ Psycho also gaining +20 additional resistance), for a high res farmer but obviously loose x2AP.

I am leaning towards option 2. What do you guys think?
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 01:09:04 pm »

I am leaning towards option 2. What do you guys think?

i think it doesnt matter since unarmed can farm only shit tier critters. and for farming shit tier critters you can use any build

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 01:20:34 pm »

i think it doesnt matter since unarmed can farm only shit tier critters. and for farming shit tier critters you can use any build
I farmed Enclave once with HtH and it went pretty good
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 01:55:07 pm »

I farmed Enclave once with HtH and it went pretty good

you need STONE, 12 ap's and heavy handed + 10 st to do that.
you could also cripple his arm with crit hth but i dont think so.

in both cases there can be only 1 soldier.

i tried heavy hand attack them. i have 9 ap's and 10 st but they still menage to get up recover ap's and burst me.
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 05:10:46 pm »

You can farm anything you can get alone with hh, all you need is 10 str and 10 agi and fast shot for the bypass. I solo BOS/enclave using zombies (the whole build is visible if you click the link). Stonewall works well with HH because they both need 10 str to work 100% but its not necessary since whatever you kill will never get the chance to shoot. 10 agi + punch means 1 hit every second which is faster than the animation to stand.

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 01:54:44 am »

Would something like this work for TB farming:

SPECIAL: 10,1,10,1, 7, 10, 1
Tag skills:Unarmed, FA, Outdoorsman
HH + fastshot

HtH
HtH+
Bonus Move
In Your Face
Action Boy
Action Boy
Bonus HtH attacks
Stonewall

edit:
p.s. Roachor-> would like to have look at 'Zombies' but your link don't seem to work.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:50:30 am by AdolphbinStalin »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.