Author Topic: Global Warfare(FoT + "League of Legends" + FODE and FoT maps)  (Read 37265 times)

Re: Global Warfare(FoT + "League of Legends" + FODE and FoT maps)
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2012, 04:04:58 pm »
It's just immense waste of time.

I don't doubt his scripting capabilities, doing technical side of implementing features, mechanics etc. etc. but when it comes to actual project management, i think he would better be off under someone's else jurisdiction. These half-finished new projects are just completely out of any sense i comprehend, some interesting ideas mashed up together and what for? Such a waste of hard work.

Maybe he is fooling himself that what he does is going to be the next best thing or something, maybe some hope for that? I can only guess what is the problem with him.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:12:04 pm by T-888 »

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2012, 04:33:11 pm »
Yet there aren't too much abandoned projects from him. As I heard, FoT is still in progress (!). MOBA may be left in the future, but until then he still got a chance, and other people who say "Oh it is Xenom project, he makes good server but never finish" certain could ask him if he wants some Developers, or people who can suggest some things. Don't expect one man to do pure awesomeness. Look at his work with Desert Europe for example. The project is for more than a year still doing progress. And if you still think he is not a good developer, then ask yourself: What do you expect from yourself?

Sorry for bad grammar, I still am a bit dizzy from alcohol.

I never say and I certainly won't say that Xenom is bad developer. He is very good developer, he can make very good features but he has a big problem with complete and improve one project. You must make one server, not 5 others which are same but have different names and 1, 2 new windows and maps. Moba is same as tactisc but without lvling characters and gatherning items. I didn't see new in his video preview, same intrface, weapons, maps and I think few maps are laging as in tactics.
I want new, alternative server which will better and revolution. At the moment, every fonline server is boring and have nothing more to do this.

Offline Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2012, 06:03:39 pm »
Imo FOnline Tactics was a decent server, few tweaks here and there and server could be successful.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »
I played it and its very unbalanced.You have like 5% chance on all the weapons because you don't get a skill boost,the robots are way too OP with 800hp,12ap,90% dmg res and miniguns, and when you lvl there aren't any perks to choose or skill points to spend.
Hope you balance it because the server looks like fun.
You have like 5% chance on all the weapons because you don't get a skill boost-yes, you will take skill only for shooting and hit your enemy, not for leveling

the robots are way too OP with 800hp,12ap- right, need suggestions, robot are very weak when you will use energy weapons

and when you lvl there aren't any perks to choose or skill points to spend - if you have 3rd level, than you will take one perk always for 1 kill, but you will loose all when you will died

some special perks, skills addons are for killing special npc enemies in europe towns

As I did said, this is beta - I need players to make balance, becouse it is not possible to make it alone. If you will help me and put suggestions on fot forum, then server will be balanced in new year ;-)

Imo FOnline Tactics was a decent server, few tweaks here and there and server could be successful.
FoT:Moba is fot but too with action in europe, and there is few tweaks :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:40:40 pm by xenom »

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 12:36:07 am »
Cant wait to play, I almost used up all of my download gigs this month though, i tried a lot of random games, dont want to get an over charge ^_^ in a couple of days it resets.

Offline Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 12:43:08 am »
Don't expect too much action. Many people don't even dare to try it out, or suggest things to Xenom to make the game better. (Usually turns out as paradox).

Offline Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »
I try to play when I can, but there isn't anybody playing when I'm online and the server is offline all the time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:13:21 pm by Cyber Jesus »

Offline Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »
Server is online all day.  :o

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »
Well, anytime I try to connect, client says that "It was not possible to connect to the server."
And server IP couldn't be pinged all day neither. So server is either offline, or misconfigured, or I might be trying to connect to a wrong host, which is 79.239.127.235.
Any suggestion is welcomed, I realy want to try the server.

Offline Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 05:45:57 pm »
I'll re-setup it. Please stand by.
//
Done. Server should be available without any problems now.

jenovars.no-ip.org

Server is open source. Look below.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:44:54 pm by Jenova »

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »
I still get "It was not possible to connect to the server.".
I'm a sad panda now...  :'(

Offline Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »
I'm on it.
Dear Celestia, it should work now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:53:24 pm by Jenova »

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2012, 07:37:00 pm »
YAY! Server is up! Now I can finally try it. :) Thank you kind Jenova  :-*

Offline Jenova

• Rise
    • FODE
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2012, 07:54:59 pm »
Just doing all I can to serve people with games.  ;)

By the way, the server will keep being online/offline for 12 hours each, because I got to talk with Xenom about it. But he is so busy with things he has to time even to talk.
A really busy man, you hear? He is doing great work all the time.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:56:30 pm by Jenova »

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 01:06:29 am »
um where and how do i play? thanks.