"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 05, 2024, 02:26:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Sandokan proxy  (Read 12112 times)

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
Re: Sandokan proxy
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 01:22:46 am »

then ban all the people fast reloging, its the same thing. also he is at a disadvantage when he is multilogging he can only really be effective on 1 at a time.
Not really, he came with his other character when the first one died, hes not controlling them both at once

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 01:30:37 am »

Not really, he came with his other character when the first one died, hes not controlling them both at once

then thats the same as fast reloging not dual logging.
Roaming the waste again.

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 06:20:20 am »

then thats the same as fast reloging not dual logging.
And it's still a banable offence, get over it.

AtomicWrangler

• Ego Slayers
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 10:11:08 am »

well...troll on dual log...funny.
BUT...if you feel damaged by this...you are cryin´on the wrong place. Its the DEVs,who allowed fast relog,and those bloody trolls. And now there is big surprise,when people are using it.
Hasteland is warch

JovankaB

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 10:37:54 am »

well...troll on dual log...funny.
BUT...if you feel damaged by this...you are cryin´on the wrong place. Its the DEVs,who allowed fast relog,and those bloody trolls. And now there is big surprise,when people are using it.

Multilogging in PvP was never allowed. The person who does it is a cheater and if I by any chance
I will be on server and see anyone doing this, all dual logging chars of the person will be permabanned.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:58:14 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:07 am »

Strong words Jovanka. Since the start of the session I've seen many many players using dual or multi log no matter if they are from my or enemy team, yet till now I'm not aware of anyone of them who has been banned for such violation. PvP alt, merc leader and two sneakers of one player that's basically today's standard in PvP battles. I don't say everybody does that but surely it's not only one guy from each faction.

It's impossible that cheaters have been banned already because I still meet their nick., nick-, nick_ and these are often people who would never ever lend their characters to anybody. So either GMs do their work wrong or they don't care. Which is worse? Honestly I don't know. The only thing I'm afraid of is that you will ban this SANDOKAN and after that leave other cheaters alone.

JovankaB

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 12:18:18 pm »

Strong words Jovanka. Since the start of the session I've seen many many players using dual or multi log no matter if they are from my or enemy team, yet till now I'm not aware of anyone of them who has been banned for such violation. PvP alt, merc leader and two sneakers of one player that's basically today's standard in PvP battles. I don't say everybody does that but surely it's not only one guy from each faction.

It's impossible that cheaters have been banned already because I still meet their nick., nick-, nick_ and these are often people who would never ever lend their characters to anybody. So either GMs do their work wrong or they don't care. Which is worse? Honestly I don't know. The only thing I'm afraid of is that you will ban this SANDOKAN and after that leave other cheaters alone.

I banned a couple chars this session for dual log in PvP.

There is no GM who can watch server 24/7 (or even interested in doing it it seems), true, but it doesn't
change the game rules, and it doesn't mean you are allowed to dual log in PvP. If you cheat, don't cry
if one day a couple of your characters will be lost forever because I will be on server and see this. Most
of you aren't kids anymore, this rule never changed, and I'm not going to repeat the warning again.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:23:08 pm by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »

I banned a couple chars this session for dual log in PvP.

There is no GM who can watch server 24/7 (or even interested in doing it it seems), true, but it doesn't
change the game rules, and it doesn't mean you are allowed to dual log in PvP. If you cheat, don't cry
if one day a couple of your characters will be lost forever because I will be on server and see this. Most
of you aren't kids anymore, this rule never changed, and I'm not going to repeat the warning again.

Mooooom, but mom...!

Well you got two ways to do (or just watch)
first one is do mass ban like with using that cheating tool, or second to allow player do that, or you'll get even more topics at forum "why I was banned and xx not?!" or "gm abuse".
Since I know from playing this game for long time, good one would be creating or upgrading those rules or the engine to not allow players to do that AFTER a wipe.
h

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 02:32:04 pm »

1: You make a statement about dual logging during fight and you hire the man power to support it or
2: You do like it is now, not legal but you watch somewhere else.
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 03:34:55 pm »

I agree with all players comments . Do something with all duallogs or leave it and never talk about it.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 03:50:52 pm »

im not the biggest fan of dualloging but in my option is not the best time to do some crusade against dualog. server is basicly empyt, only old pvp players who dont care,playing this game + somne random guys who leaving fonline after week of playing.

really want to do something with this problem? just block dual log, make statement. however time its not good - maybe try after next season? if you start banning people now server become empty in days.

j
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 04:03:10 pm »

I think that banning players does not solve anything, there's always someone who breaks the rules, if GM is not online. The only solution is to bring a smart mechanism that prevents it.
- The Hawks -

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »

Right now, it's kinda the same situation as focd long time ago: officially forbidden, but everyone doing it as almost nobody get banned for that, and you just can't compete with an enemy doing it if you don't. I do hope it won't end in the same retarded way...
I think it's better to either leave players alone and not banning anyone, or enforce that rule efficiently enough so you would have a big chance to get caught if you do it. Middle way is just very bad for everyone.

And of course, it doesn't solve the fast relog and OP trolls problem...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 06:05:38 pm »

I was on Sandokan. problem solved close topic.
thank you for your attention

avv

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 06:06:18 pm »

When bans do happen only the most obvious cheaters get banned and the clever ones continue. It's either all or none when it comes to laying justice.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 24 queries.