"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 04:41:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Pots' Parties: Wasteland Expeditions  (Read 16906 times)

Re: Pots' Parties: Wasteland Expeditions
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 08:58:05 am »

That sucks bad, but every second we delay in the bazaar is a chance for some troll to pop in and potentially end the expedition before it starts.

What about the randoms that go with you?
Someone could have called those nasty guys in, but who? Maybe you, or... you!
Or even YOU!
Everything must change.
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 05:16:17 pm »

Someone could have called those nasty guys in

I am not going to lie,  I have considered that.  In fact, it is likely.  No matter, it is part of the adventure!  If a pattern emerges then, clearly, adjustments will have to be made.  Until then I will consider it as just a saucy bit of wasteland drama, a good story, if you will.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 08:04:36 pm »

Expedition 5: The Enclave

We intend to transverse almost the entire wasteland to topple some of the mechanical giants spotted on the west coast north of San Fransisco.  With ultimately no success thus far, this should prove to be a very challenging expedition.

Goal of this expedition:  Eliminate one enclave power armored soldier for every member of the expedition upon arrival to the west coast.

Departure Time: The expedition will leave from the Shady Sands bazaar Thursday, October 18th at 9pm GMT +2 (forum time).

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 08:24:50 pm »

no no no, please do not go there tommorow, i wana be in but i can play only on weekend, please i beg you chenge the departure time to saturday. i can prepare good times for you there if you can wait for me :{
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:46 pm »

Your enthusiasm is appreciated.  Perhaps I will run one on Saturday as well.
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »

And when will you go? To SF?
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 09:37:04 pm »

Pots Party 5: Results

One of the best and worst expeditions so far.  The best because we had 8 folks.  Nearly the max!  One of the worst because the first 4 shots of the expedition was 1 from me, and 3 killing me.  We wiped really fast! 

Thanks for those who joined up.  I would still like to take down the enclave in real time combat, but I don't want to try again for a while.  That was BRUTAL.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »

you will try it on saturday dont worry you will like it :P

We will revenge your fast and BRUTAL death xD
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 10:52:26 am »

you will try it on saturday dont worry you will like it :P

We will revenge your fast and BRUTAL death xD

Yeah, demand a rematch with those bastards. Ill join up with greenthumb if you organize another expedition on saturday. I arrived few minutes late to NCR just as the expedition had left.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 11:47:48 am »

I think you could make beer drinking expedition:

1. Travel to Modoc, gather barley, hunt down some brahmin, craft waterbags and fill them with water (all in/around Modoc).
2. Travel to New Reno with the supplies and try to craft the beer for all participants (this part is particularly dangerous, because the only machine is in New Reno Commercial).
3. Go to your favorite bar in New Reno and get drunk!
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »

So, my schedule may allow me to start up the expeditions again.  The server only had about 70 folks on, so I decided to log on and do an impromptu Pots Party Expedition to Broken Hills to see there was enough interest in the idea and if folks were up for the challenge.  Turns out the answer is "yes" on both counts.

I started in turn based, which I have developed an appreciation for, but switched to real time after that.  For large groups real time is simple, quick, allows for combat medics, and is thrilling!

So I just wanted to thank those that came along on the hunt, and I wanted to let folks know that I planned on starting up the Pots Parties Expeditions again early next week.

I am considering the BOS, San Fran, VC patrols, Enclave, Unity, remnants of the master's army, and maybe even a trip to Ares rocket silo  :o
If you have suggestions for expedition targets you should post them here in the next few days...

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 11:16:47 pm »

Enclave, F*CK yeah!
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 11:45:01 pm »

Sorry for before guys,work screwed me up!But hey,my cmbt was closed,i swear!I hot pk d by my own comrades,shame on you!  :)
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 01:31:57 am »

Sorry for before guys,work screwed me up!But hey,my cmbt was closed,i swear!I hot pk d by my own comrades,shame on you!  :)
Nah i got your stuff. I killed you and the other guy cuz you were (off) Turns out, that wasn't even the problem.. heheh..

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »

Don`t do Ares with unskilled group. You`ll die.
We tried yesterday with random wasteland party. I think 8 normal persons or 5 higher class big gunners is a minimum for this place.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.