"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:23:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ignore/Allow commands.  (Read 4185 times)

JovankaB

Re: Ignore/Allow commands.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 10:37:19 pm »

Players aren't allowed to be rude towards each other but they are allowed to shoot each other into bloody pulp, baserape and steal without penalty?

So what, if you play chess you can destroy other player too, doesn't mean that
you should be able to call the player "fag" whole time you play, right???
Seriously, if you don't see a difference, then I can't help you.

Like I said, if it's done in some deep in-game context and not excessive (someone
stole from you, so you and your character has a reason to be angry) it's acceptable
to some extent IMO. But if you just want to use 2238 server as your platform to call other
people names, spread your racist ideas, then there should be no place for such thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:54:13 pm by JovankaB »

avv

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »

So what, if you play chess you can destroy other player too, doesn't mean that
you should be able to call the player "fag" whole time you play, right???
Seriously, if you don't see a difference, then I can't help you.

Yes but in fonline you have a choice not to kill other player. In chess the whole purpose is to defeat another player.
Killing, baseraping, insulting and stealing are all ways to be mean towards other player because there's a choice not to do it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »

Yes but in fonline you have a choice not to kill other player. In chess the whole purpose is to defeat another player.
Killing, baseraping, insulting and stealing are all ways to be mean towards other player because there's a choice not to do it.

No, sorry but it doesn't have to be a way to be mean toward other player. It can be,
but it doesn't have to. If I play as thief it's just your tough luck and part of the game.
But if you call another player "fag" all the time then I don't buy that it's roleplay thing,
let's be serious. It has nothing to do with the game, it's just a way to upset people
over Internet.

Anyway, it's best if we leave the decision to the players and let them mute whoever
they want.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:52:07 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »

Would be nice to know if someone has ignored one's own character however.
I support this improvement idea.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »

What about an item, that is cheap to craft, and cut all the sound (means text) when you has it in your inventory, like it was on your ears. Of course, you wouldn't know everything that happens on your back.

It would be more immersive...
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 24 queries.