"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 02:56:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fallout Tactics multiplayer  (Read 8610 times)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Fallout Tactics multiplayer
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 10:32:54 pm »

I'm hosting right now, i will try to have server up most of the day,
I still havent made a character yet :P
room desc is  'war, war changes all the time'
Site with ruleset and example chars : http://rules.ovh.org/
h

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 01:55:08 pm »

I'll just post one thing: Are you using hexed characters or normal ones ? ;-)?
Lets just say we use a program that can pick up hexxed chars- if you get caught you probably won't be playing much in our games. :/

Can we try instead on gameranger with 2kh3/2kh1 ruleset? No drugs so it will have any sense (10k mode imho is nonsense, just luck matters if you win or not).
We also play 5k & Coop from time to time (well not me personally as I am pure 10k'er, albeit some of the regulars do play different styles from time to time). We are all old players playing since 2001; back then 10k was what we lived and breathed- thus this style holds special meaning to us. Luck and character creation is needed for all game types really. Drugs in 10k just add more diversity as different drug combos cater for different playing styles. 10k regular is also not as hard as people might think- actually quite easy to learn. 10k also caters towards the casual PvP'er (you know with a job and a girlfriend/partner/wife :] )... one can just log on, have 1 or few games and then log off- no grinding to level up or grinding for equipment necessary as all players have access to all levels/equipment within the game rules and can thus start PvP'ing right away.

Yeah 10k does get old, personally i liked the old 2k or 5k, back when shit killed you :P

but no one answered my question, is gamespy really charging for accounts now?
have to PAY to play FOT? lol
In 10k 'shit' kills you. A 'Pancor' has a chance to kill in one hit, a 'cattle-prod' almost always kills in one hit etc. If you had trouble killing shit in 10k you didn't make char right. Also gamespy doesnt work with FOT anymore. The FoT community thus migrated to GameRanger. The good news is that GameRanger is also FREE. \(._.)/

Unfortunately, currently we are only about 6-8 players that play regularly (by regularly I mean at least 2-3 days a week). The rest of community is comprised by the odd random newb who often lock rooms just for their friends and who don't know how to play any particular rule sets. From time to time other veterans do play but these veterans play less frequently. With that said we have managed a few 5v5 10k games which can be quite fun. The community is tiny- the only times to really play is afternoons; from about 4pm-midnight, Europe time (as most players are Polish/Russians). Typically if you see a room opened with "gaycrew" in room title you know it is us. :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:59:15 pm by AdolphbinStalin »
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 02:55:41 am »

Anyone down for a game?
Fallout tatics vet here, played in 2001 for ages.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:55 am »

I will be hosting daily. 2k or 10k games usually.

brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 06:43:20 pm »

can we play now and is nades allowed
Brad Smalls is back

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 06:51:25 pm »

can we play now and is nades allowed
I think nades are allowed, but its hard to hit someone with them (due to the animation bug).
h
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.