"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:40:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Vault City..  (Read 849 times)

craig_christ11

• Grandma Sparkle DLC should be added.
Vault City..
« on: August 23, 2012, 06:44:47 pm »

I have played before In both the 3 and 5 sessions. I never really had a major problem like this, and I am assuming it is on my side but I am hoping a fix for it.

I would have posted it in the bug tracker but it's not so much of a bug. Anyway I started a new character, walked around went to Gecko did a few things went north. After about 2 hours of playing I realized I had not yet been to vault city in this world. Keep in mind that I had seen players so It couldn't have been the server (I assume). Anyway I went to vault city and as soon as I go to enter it, it says loading and the fps drops to about 8 then freezes. Everything goes to crap and basically it freezes my entire computer for no reason. I have NEVER had a problem and this is the same computer I played the other sessions on.

I tried it many times, I even made an alternate to try and it did the same thing as soon as I entered Vault City. The second and third time I tried I literally could not get a response out of my computer and I ended up getting the dreaded blue screen of death (Which has only happened to me once EVER outside of these instances)
Did I doom my character so I can never retrieve him? I mean I only had him for a couple hours so I wont kill myself over it but it would be nice that I could go into Vault City.

Edit: Okay got it figured it out. I am not positive how, so I ask kindly to either lock this or delete it. On the very slim chance anyone was wondering:

For some reason my .dat files were in lowercase. I found out the issue (For some reason) Was my Critter.dat file was acting up. Using it at all, whether running it in a program/copying it/moving it for some reason would cause the issue. I can't think of any reason for this besides MAYBE I ran a computer defragmentation but I also created the datafiles2238 because it was not there. I found my old fallout 2 CD, completely deleted (And shredded the Critter file) and played with some of the settings. Long story short I fixed it oh well please delete it and thank you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:55:24 am by craig_christ11 »
I stand by my Grandma Sparkle DLC suggestion. Actually, An Uncle Leo one would be cool too.
Fallout 2=NV > 1 > 3
3's DLC's are better then 3 though. 3 is just bad (but fun)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.