"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:29:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: More Weapons upgrades, make those useless weapons useful again  (Read 6887 times)

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
Re: More Weapons upgrades, make those useless weapons useful again
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:53 pm »

Orange flares need a buff too, to make people on fire when you throw it at them...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »

I want to upgrade my rock.
This topic is great.
When could we find the explosive spear, the gold nuggets burster or the boomerang grenade ?

More seriously, it would be great to have poisoned or radiated weapons.
Or a weapon that deliver as much damage as the ennemy has AC... ::)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:51:16 pm by naossano »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 01:57:20 pm »

What's wrong with explosive spear?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 04:04:57 pm »

You can't pick it up after explosion. :'(

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 06:26:07 pm »

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2012, 09:41:24 am »

On a serious note it would be nice to see more type of weapons for certain types of ammos.
9 mm, needler ammo, 14 mm (22 cal is similar since its used in hunting rifle and its scoped version only) they are used by only one weapon. It would be good if there would be 2 type of weaponry for every ammunition. Maybe a rifle version for all these pistols with same stats.

2 min of Gimping yeah its quite shitty but maybe something similar for a needler rifle.

I should have modeled something its quite an obvious copy paste rifle...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:45:17 am by Jotisz »
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2012, 10:19:14 am »

Will I be able to distress with my Rock MKII?

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 11:08:43 am »

On a serious note it would be nice to see more type of weapons for certain types of ammos.
9 mm, needler ammo, 14 mm (22 cal is similar since its used in hunting rifle and its scoped version only) they are used by only one weapon. It would be good if there would be 2 type of weaponry for every ammunition. Maybe a rifle version for all these pistols with same stats.

Yeah, make 14 mm bursting gun! :b
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 11:29:55 am »

I though for exact copies same stats just rifle version I think that would take less time then to tweak around with damages for burst attacks and would give chance to have more type of weapons that could use up those ammos.

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 12:22:41 pm »

I though for exact copies same stats just rifle version I think that would take less time then to tweak around with damages for burst attacks and would give chance to have more type of weapons that could use up those ammos.

Don't you think it's a bit pointless just to add gun that has the same stats as existing, but requiring more ST and 2 hands for using it?
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

Speaking of Mausers, i heard that version with a stock was quite useful as rifle replacement. In game it would probably eat a AP more, but increase its range.

Also, any ideas for low-tech BG snipers? Because Bozar is as rare weapon unsuitable for PvP, but it can be buffed.(with a clip and some damage.)
As a low-tech craftable solution, i'd like to suggest PTRD-41 or its postapoc barn replica. (rechambered rifle with longer barrel)

Look at this bugger. So simplicistic yet so deadly against armor.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:34:54 pm by Horatio »
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 01:30:41 pm »

Well they could make bozar not rare, i don't see a problem with that. It deals higher amount of damage than sniper rifle by consuming 1 more AP, it is a balanced weapon already.

Okay, it has larger magazine/ammo capacity, but higher requirements.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:41:17 pm by T-888 »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 06:20:53 pm »

I think at this point it's already pretty flawed. I mean there shouldn't be too many similar weapons. And more importantly every type of weapon should do different roles, otherwise you get into the position where you need to alt just to exchange stats and sprites only a bit. And then it's ridiculous that expert marksman is not going to hit a barn with just a bit higher caliber...

As for cleanup I'd suggest removing some weapons instead or making their roles different. Stuff like thompson don't even need to exists (not that it's completely ridiculous to have that kind of weapon there, but it also does very little to actual gameplay as well).
In fact the suggestion is offering something really more interesting, if you could have multiple mutually exclusive upgrades to single weapon, you could make base items matter more and to some degree create fun way to get stuff.
Giving some example: 10mm SMG could replace role of grease gun (again totally retarded joke by F2 devs) by being more or less basic, but then you could just with basic cheap, but not free crafting (or farming) turn it into something better. And with some high end stuff make it ultimate one (instead of P90).

It also should work just as fine for some already existing items - 223 rifle - scoped rifle or 223 pistol. 2 upgrades from one.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 07:48:07 pm »

Mausers... rifle stock... increase range...
Makes sense? Totally not. A stock is used to make the recoil go downward your whole body, so you can control the weapon easier. However, I heard there was a mod once made to the mauser pistols so they could fire full auto and , when this mod was added, occasionally special SMG-like stocks were added to the pistol. However, now as I think about it, I can't remember wether it was for the mauser pistols or the walther pistols.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »

Some digging
Yeah there was an smg version of mauser pistols it was a Brazilian made weapon that were used by police forces. I had a little time and though about making a few of these well they are quite a work of copy paste anyway I have even though of some stats, although I think devs shouldn't implement anything like this till they feel the other weapons work as they should I mean making new weapons would highly make things a bit unbalanced.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 3.104 seconds with 28 queries.