Author Topic: FODE: old stuff to share  (Read 16947 times)

Re: FODE: old stuff to share
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 08:55:34 am »
Thanks for comments all.

Was it changed? Is the project still in development in some form?

Well I became inactive on this project more than 1 year ago. Since then, project concept changed so many times that I don't know what it looks like now.
At the time I posted this, I thought it was definitly dead but I see from Jenova and Xenom answer it is not : hope it will come to life at last.

Awesome art as usual, Cryofluid. I had seen the scenery in older screenshots and I personally think some of it (the ruined famous buildings) didn't fit with the rest of the map, but the junk piles and swam thingies are truly nice. And I liked he intro video a lot, some really cool escenes in there.

Thanks Eternauta. As for the famous building, indeed it did not fit on a desert field but I've seen a map done by Desert Europe team with those elements and it was far more convincing than my preview=> they put all around many objects, buildings and green grass, trees (green post apocalyptic world).

TTTLA for a New World Order

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 10:57:38 am »
Thanks for sharing, it's a piece of impressive work. I'd like to use some scenery objects (various junk & swamps) in my project if you don't mind.

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 05:09:53 am »
moscow looks very great  like it , man that must have been much work to do all this frame stuff...

Offline headshot

• Killian
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 12:33:16 pm »
I like the intro movie the most. It's the impressive work, especially I've noticed the accent of narrator sounds british which fits the scenery well. Also artworks are impressive and well made, excepting the one with guys who study the plans. The music is not bad, but it would be great to add some symphonic/choral parts while the narrator indroduces the ULS.

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 11:38:56 am »
In fact, the narrator was Australian, but yeah, fits not bad at all, especially since he made only one try on this.

About artworks, you can see different styles in the video, that's because Cryo did those on a pretty long scale and evolved in his way of drawing. I agree about the fact that all together look a little strange, but I like both styles nevertheless.

And I fucking love the music. I wouldn't have asked a change for any price ;D

Thanks for your opinion !

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 09:52:15 am »
And I fucking love the music. I wouldn't have asked a change for any price ;D

Exactly
Soundtrack is amazing

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 08:05:32 am »
Man!!! The detail on those swamp graphics is incredible.

Jaw dropping stuff.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 08:33:10 am »
Absolutely stunning. You guys, are truly awesome.

P.S. I laughed on the old broken DALEK in a pit :D I can clearly see, there are some DW fans in your team :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:41:51 am by Graf »

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 10:11:35 am »
P.S. I laughed on the old broken DALEK in a pit :D I can clearly see, there are some DW fans in your team :)

Glad someone noticed it! :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:18:09 am by Cryofluid »
TTTLA for a New World Order

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 05:28:38 pm »
Hold on. I've seen the robot in Doctor Who too :>