"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 05:53:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Nerf Brahmin shoveling, Really?!!?  (Read 18569 times)

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
Re: Nerf Brahmin shoveling, Really?!!?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 07:06:14 am »

Cool story. I think I'm going to get rid of the red outline shits somehow. Anyway...
Mindless clicking poops for caps won't be back. If anything, it will get more challenging (but more profitable
for real newbies in some way, eg some shitty weapon prizes). As long as I see some newbies shoveling your
arguments are invalid. It's supposed to be the last resort for people who start and don't know anything better.
Doesn't mean that it should be free caps for people who have too much time in life and can click 1000 times.
And it doesn't mean that it should be completely effortless and completely without any risk even if you act
like an idiot and keep doing thing that harms you until you are dead. It's for people who don't know the game
not for idiots.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:33:49 am by JovankaB »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 07:32:07 am »

As long as I see some newbies shoveling yourarguments are invalid. And I do.
do you camp all shit shoveling areas with gm alt to watch noobs (not really newbies but guys with a new alt)
also do you really think 5 caps per shit is really a good way to get caps? if you do please play the fucking game and learn other faster ways to get caps. all you are doing is limiting another way for us to make caps and exp again giveing us players less variety in playing the game. i say again you devs need to play the game and learn wtf is really going on and how to make the game better not more ways to troll us.
Roaming the waste again.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 07:35:56 am »

So reworking shit shovelling is useless, cos shit shovelling is useless. But at the same time it's negative because people won't shovel after the changes, giving players less variety? This sounds a bit contradictory. Just trolling you a bit, falloutdude, if you don't like shit shovelling just go get caps and xp in those better ways there are to do so.

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 07:38:34 am »

Cool story. I think I'm going to get rid of the red outline shits. Anyway...
Mindless clicking poops for caps won't be back. If anything, it will get more challenging (but more profitable
for real newbies in some way, eg some shitty weapon prizes). As long as I see some newbies shoveling your
arguments are invalid. It's supposed to be the last resort for people who start and don't know anything better.
Doesn't mean that it should be free caps for people who have too much time in life and can click 1000 times.

No fun allowed can't throw brahmin shit to trash towns any more? Our arguements are perfectly valid you are the only who thinks brahmins knocking down shit shovelers is a grand idea, most see it as making noobs rage quit or doing something stupid that well trigger the guards to kill them.

Nope not allowed by jovanka standards to make caps with this horrible evil "brahmin shit abuse" or have any fun must be "realistic".

If you take away my ability to throw brahmin shit by removing red outline shit then you truly do not know anything about "fun" and have no sense of humor what-so-ever.

So reworking shit shovelling is useless, cos shit shovelling is useless. But at the same time it's negative because people won't shovel after the changes, giving players less variety? This sounds a bit contradictory. Just trolling you a bit, falloutdude, if you don't like shit shovelling just go get caps and xp in those better ways there are to do so.

I agree with everything falloutdude has wrote, the brahmin pens didn't need any changes what so ever it was fine the way it was. It is something that isn't broke that doesn't need to be fixed. Ever hear the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:45:29 am by Ville »
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:12 am »

devs dont like fun only serious business.
Roaming the waste again.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 07:44:57 am »

all you are doing is limiting another way for us to make caps and exp
I'm not limiting anything. As far as I'm concerned I was the one who made pens full of shits.

i say again you devs need to play the game
You should stop using "arguments" that fit in kindergarten and have nothing to do with the feature.
But just FYI I have been playing it since mid 2009, including this and previous session,
with multiple characters on levels 21+

do you camp all shit shoveling areas with gm alt to watch noobs (not really newbies but guys with a new alt)
It's enough if I login and see someone with shovel in the pen.  If it's not newbies then it would mean it's still too good.
It's supposed to be last resort for someone who is clueless about other ways and has no other options. It's by design.
In fact pens could stay empty 99% of the time, I couldn't care less as long as they make it possible to get to level 2
and make a few hundred caps relatively easily with no support from other alts, items, players and no other knowledge.
The feature is not for you, so you can stop whining that "it's annoying" and move on.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:13:16 am by JovankaB »

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:40 am »

Oh man, after more than year of repeating in every possible place that shovelling is pointless, same people makes rivers of tears after just a few minor changes.

No fun allowed
the joke is old man come up with something new please nobody finds this funny any more
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:51:21 am by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 07:50:38 am »

It's supposed to be last resort for someone who is clueless about other ways and has no other options. It's by design.
In fact pens could stay empty 99% of the time, I couldn't care less as long as they make it possible to get to level 2
and make a few hundred caps relatively easily with no support from other alts, items, players and no other knowledge.

If that is the case why do noobs need to be annoyed by brahmins knocking them down? I just do not see how this is really anything worth of value that is ground breaking or something just has to be changed. 

"Jovankas vision" uber realistic 2238 ::)

Go live in a russian nuclear test site if you want a realistic fallout.

Oh man, after more than year of repeating in every possible place that shovelling is pointless, same people makes rivers of tears after just a few minor changes.

Such relevance to the topic post a quote of something I replied to kilgore trolling me which had nothing to do with any changes.

I actually haven't whined about any of the changes in the last 2 updates. I just think pissing off noobs with brahmins knocking them down is stupid. I am a rage gamer there is plenty of features that piss me off and other players and brahmins pens doesn't need to be added to the list. Make them quit before they even start or get anywhere is just something I don't see as being a good game feature. And its such abuse if veteran players shovel brahmin shit for caps ::)

Oh lets remove red outlined brahmin shit does it bother your children of atom friends that I throw brahmin shit every time they take redding?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:57:10 am by Ville »
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:41 am »

If that is the case why do noobs need to
be annoyed by brahmins knocking them down?

The only annoyed people I see are those who try do things like this:

trolling and gathering brahmin shit to throw all over towns on my sneaker. My sneaker was still getting knocked down by brahmins.

Or somehow would like to become rich in the pens.

I believe it's not that annoying if you don't have anything and all you need is to level up once and get a few hundred caps for a start.

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 07:59:54 am »

I think it's not that annoying if all you need is to level up once and get a few hundred caps for a start.
The only annoyed people I see are those who try do things like this:

Or somehow would like to become rich in the pens.

Oh so because you find it annoying I throw brahmin shit for lolz you remove it? Get revenge on da guy who pk'd me remove outlined brahmin shit? Maybe players think its funny and like to laugh? But nope it annoys 1 person who is a new developer must be removed ruin it for all!

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 08:01:48 am »

No, but I don't see why I should care that it's harder for you to throw shits.
Also I have no idea who you are in game, except maybe the character with same name you use on forum if it's you.

nope it annoys 1 person who is a new developer must be removed ruin it for all!

I don't see how whole towns covered in shit with pulsating outline is a good thing but your activity on server isn't a reason for any change in pens.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:10:44 am by JovankaB »

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2012, 08:18:02 am »

No, but I don't see why I should care that it's harder for you to throw shits.
Also I have no idea who you are in game, except maybe the character with same name you use on forum if it's you.

I don't see how whole towns covered in shit with pulsating outline is a good thing but your activity on server isn't a reason for any change in pens.

Cool story. I think I'm going to get rid of the red outline shits somehow. Anyway...

I was replying to this. Unless some how you were refering to something else I would prefer to at least enjoy one thing that makes me laugh every time picking up brahmin shit by hand in pens (which are in pvp towns I might add) and throw it around it around in the PvP towns.

Look I do not blindly support every idea a developer comes up with, this game has made me rage alot and I mean alot. I just think brahmins knocking down people with the possibility to kill them is not something a noob would enjoy. You want to keep players around yes? As GN13 always say, that is a possible donator that you drove away because of a game feature that has the possibility to make somebody quit after playing the game for 2 minutes.

I think its hilarious a veteran player still shoveling brahmin shit for caps. I think the himulation of people claiming pro shoveling brahmin shit for caps is enough punishment than being annoyed and saying they shouldn't.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:23:24 am by Ville »

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2012, 08:23:10 am »

Brahmin getting mad on picking up is a bug.

Anyway the red outline will go, one way or another.
It's just bad, it looks ugly and during events I had reports that it slows down client.

I think its hilarious a veteran player still shoveling brahmin shit for caps. I think the himulation of people claiming pro shoveling brahmin shit for caps is enough punishment than being annoyed and saying they shouldn't.
I don't stop anyone from doing it.
I agree current way brahmin react is not optimal, it's WIP but it won't be pure "click and profit" again.
If you try to farm hundreds of shits quickly it will always annoy you I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:39:03 am by JovankaB »

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2012, 08:36:32 am »

Brahmin getting mad on picking up is a bug.

Anyway the red outline will go, one way or another.
It's just bad, it looks ugly and during events I had reports that it slows down client.

Since when was there brahmin shit at events? The events slow down the client because there is thousands of items laying around from people dying and nobody deletes them!

You just stated this annoys you and you want to remove it becasue YOU find it annoying. When well you realize that you aren't the only person who plays this? So because red outlined brahmin shit annoys you, and is something the average player could give a shit less about (no pun intended) you have to write some bull shit (no pun intended) that this slows down the client? Stack of 1,000 BB's slow down the client that is actually legitimate claim than 20-30 brahmin shit thrown around in towns for lolz.

You know how many people actually find this feature funny? And actually embrace this game that you can actually throw brahmin shit it is fucking hilarous it doesn't get old. People love to reverse steal brahmin shit in the inventory why take away the fun for others becuase you find it annoying?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:51:37 am by Ville »

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 08:46:53 am »

Since when was there brahmin shit at events?
There are blockers which have the same red outline if they are visible.

YOU find it annoying
If it wouldn't be annoying you wouldn't be doing it. It's the definition of trolling.

It's ugly. It slows down client. It's annoying. And your arguments are invalid. For me it's end of topic.
Feel free to continue on your own.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:48:24 am by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.