"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 12:33:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Nerf Brahmin shoveling, Really?!!?  (Read 18566 times)

Nerf Brahmin shoveling, Really?!!?
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:18:27 am »

I'm sorry, I normally want to give the Dev's the benefit of the doubt, they are trying, but I just can't understand the need or the feelings behind nerfing Shit shoveling.  I thought it was a novel idea to have the XP scale for levels, made a fair amount of sense, and the brahmins for some reason being raging lunatics and charging you for merely cleaning up their shit, ok that was sorta funny the first few times.  But the fact that they charge you from the other side of the pen, or from right next to you, combined with more than one charging you at the same time making you be knocked down for more than 10 seconds is just not right.  Now they also take hp away every time you get knocked over, so if you're unlucky enough to be level 1 and not get out of the way fast enough you could lose a fair amount of HP in one of the multi-Brahmin pens.  I'm just not seeing any good from that change.  I see a lot more annoyance and redundancy to an already tedious task.  I understand the want behind having it be more than just click shovel, click shovel.  Like I said the XP thing great idea, and maybe them knocking you over could be funny if it didn't happen EVERY time you shovel a single pile of Shit, and in many pens it is every time, but hp loss too, when your only defense is being quick on the mouse, and pray you don't lag, nah I'm sorry I just don't agree.

I know that the people behind this change are spreading their wings some, and trying new things, but sometimes you just have to accept that not all ideas will work in game vs. on paper.  I am not going to say it was a stupid idea, I just feel IMHO we could live with it being toned down, and the damage thing removed, maybe if we could hit the Brahmins back to discourage them being raging psychos, but even that's a stretch.

P.S.  Fix Repairing please!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:01:24 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

• 2238 Serious business
Re: Nerf Brahmin shoveling, Really?!!?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:39:25 am »

I am not going to say it was a stupid idea...

I thought this was a stupid idea when it was stated that they might implament this feature. Glad to see you proved my point that this is more of an annoyance to players than anything worth while. There is better things to do to get past those first few levels I suggest crafting guns and ammo then go hunt geckos for pelts than wasting time with shit shoveling.

But you know its just another pointless feature to make players react like this...

I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:12:05 am »

It's actually a very good feature, if you exp on shit shoveling you really do deserve to get your ass kicked.
SECTION 8

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:20:41 am »

The way the brahmin react will be tweaked to make it less about monkey agility.
But actually it might be made even more difficult.

they charge you from the other side of the pen

No they don't, only those 5 or less hexes from the poop might get agitated.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:09:53 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:57 pm »

I used it to level a 1 strength character to level 3 recently and i have to say it was good for that purpose, but i agree its a bit much with the cows i was taken to 2hp by them at level 2 i think and could have easily died. I like the feature quite a bit though it helped a ton especially for a low strength alt with no charisma etc.
"I am condemned without end." -Crovax
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »

calm down, devs just decided this feature was most important right now ;). i think its so cool i feel like bear grylls surviving in brahmin pen.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 05:53:59 pm »

It is kind of lame, on top of the fact that you can get caps faster by mining ore, and xp faster by killing pig rats, and on top of the fact that shoveling shit was demeaning already it really didn't need a nerf.
but my character doesnt shovel shit, i do the above said activities for caps, and xp.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »

It is kind of lame, on top of the fact that you can get caps faster by mining ore, and xp faster by killing pig rats

It's good that you stay away from this feature because it's not made for you.

It's not supposed to be equal in effectiveness with other things.
It's not supposed to be farmed to death by players who can do other things.

It's supposed to be a feature for level 1-2 players without items, alts, friends, know how.
Or people who don't use alts and therefore have harsher start with each character,
to get money for a ticket for example.

It's supposed to help get a first level and a couple caps and move on.
People with 75% speech on forum who complain that it's not good enough clearly miss the point.

Not every feature is for every player. No, I won't make it Trokanis-friendly so he can faster
farm safe caps from the feature which is made as the last resort for total newbies.
The only reason you find brahmin annoying is because you try to farm thousands of caps on it.
Stop thinking about your own interest for a moment and look at the game as a whole. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:08:47 pm by JovankaB »

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 06:45:26 pm »

Make poo toxic at lvl 5+ :) and radiated on lvl 12+ :)

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 07:44:30 pm »

if it didn't happen EVERY time you shovel a single pile of Shit

Also, they knock you out every single pile of shit only if you suck in shit shoveling.
Which might be another hint to try something else.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 07:45:39 pm »

if this new shit shoveling was supposed to be for noobs at lvl 1-2 then why would you make cows attack them? wtf were you thinking? real noobs will end up just dieing from this. so now they have to worry about pks,theifs, and cows killing them in a guarded town. good job making a noobs life harder.
Roaming the waste again.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:49 pm »

if this new shit shoveling was supposed to be for noobs at lvl 1-2 then why would you make cows attack them? wtf were you thinking? real noobs will end up just dieing from this.

Only if they are morons and keep shoveling until they are dead.
If they are morons, it's OK if they die.

Also it's not that hard to avoid brahmin. You just have to try do it to realize that.
And not clean poop that is very close to them.

I will be changing it to make it less pure mouse agility dependent (but not easier).

I have yet to see a dead newbie though.
I only see whining long time players who would like to farm caps effortlessly in safe locations.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:11:59 pm by JovankaB »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 07:54:33 pm »

Only if they are morons and keep shoveling until they are dead.
If they are morons, it's OK if they die.

ok i want you to think about this, a noob gets attacked by a cow, noob thinks cow is a hostile creature and can kill it for exp and such. attacks cow and gets murdered by guards. this will become a common mistake by noobs.
Roaming the waste again.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 07:56:32 pm »

ok i want you to think about this, a noob gets attacked by a cow, noob thinks cow is a hostile creature and can kill it for exp and such. attacks cow and gets murdered by guards. this will become a common mistake by noobs.

Brahmin knocks you once and goes back and you are warned by pen owner that they can be nervous.
You don't have to be a genius to grasp how it works.

In the worst case you will learn how it works after the first mistake. You make it once and won't make
it anymore. I haven't seen any newbie complaining though, only long time players who would like to
farm caps effortlessly.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:02:07 pm by JovankaB »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 08:03:26 pm »

I have yet to see a dead newbie though.
I only see whining long time players who would like to farm caps effortlessly in safe locations.

This is quite right, imo. The fact that brahmins attack shovellers forces these to leave the tent after a while, which avoids "one bloosewt gets all" situation, not entirely of course, but still works that way. Of course, players can team up and FA each other or something, but players who already have the correct mix of team mentality and metagaming are ready to do something harder and more profitable than shovelling shit.

Shovelling shit is an useless feature for non-noobs, that is why there is so much whining against this, imho.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 24 queries.