"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:47:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: When Warned, Tell Us Why  (Read 6677 times)

Re: When Warned, Tell Us Why
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 04:48:15 am »

actually no this particular thread addresses a very important issue

mods ban people both here and on teh official irc channels at will, gms jail whoever they want and abuse shit, nobody gives a fuck as long as theyr'e not bothered (and when they are well u figure it out no1 gives but them) - that's coz none of these fucks r accountable for what they're doing bcoz the devs in charge don't giev a fuck and they're teh only ones that could stop this shit so mayeb this thread will make them change their mind and actually start giving a fuck but im not holding my breath lulz its good the thread is here though (lets enjoy it whiel it lasts)
But posts like the one I'm quoting here, don't seem to address anything, rather than just antagonize the mods... who like I said... are JUST as human as us, and JUST as prone to mistakes and bias.

My 'beef' isn't with the mods truly.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 05:50:24 am »

it seems rather arbitrary really, you can say just about the same as somebody else and get the ban hammer.  Just seems like  game of censorship and a popularity favorite poster list.  It's all about thought suppression.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:55:07 am by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 06:19:16 am »

It is all about internet etiquette and reading comprehension. If we notice someone that slips on a single insult that is harmless, there might be a warning and thats it. You, Ka-Boom complaining about "omg lack of free speech" while this is a private forum and not a goverment controlled one where not all these rules apply and breaking etiquette rules left and right complaining about it is kinda funny. It is always the usual suspects.

People who know a bit etiquette in real life never get into trouble on internet fora, I wonder why?
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 06:28:55 am »

People who know a bit etiquette in real life never get into trouble on internet fora, I wonder why?

Completely false, not to frivolously argue, but this is definitely not the case, anonymity breeds arrogance and stupidity.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 08:35:00 am »

TheLostChildren, you are so **** ignorant, wake up your brain. Dont post anymore, you are annoying me very hard
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 08:36:04 am »

Keep posting the Lost Children.  ;D

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 09:34:24 am »

Oh well, how about just chilling and not giving a fuck about what others say on the internet. I usally don't even see posts that could insult me in any way because insulting is such an easy thing to do with anonymity. It's just some guy I don't even know - why the hell should I care?

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:18 am »

It is all about internet etiquette and reading comprehension. If we notice someone that slips on a single insult that is harmless, there might be a warning and thats it. You, Ka-Boom complaining about "omg lack of free speech" while this is a private forum and not a goverment controlled one where not all these rules apply and breaking etiquette rules left and right complaining about it is kinda funny. It is always the usual suspects.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25257.msg212283.html#msg212283

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25263.msg212422.html#msg212422

Yeah I said something about his build would be uber awesome GOD rt pvp ape with Pearks:

3: Bonus Move
6: Fast Reload

Something to that effect, I don't exactly remember because my post was deleted and I got banned.  If you'll notice
the other posts "your build sux", I'm wondering why they didn't get the same treatment?  Ah, I see it's all about
etiquette, *cough* *cough*.  Sorry I was just choking on your bullshit Surf.  So I'm not on your "favorite posters" list, I can think of worse....

:P

It is always the usual suspects.

Beware the messenger and not the message
Nah, your obviously not prejudiced in any way.....
I'm certain I would receive the same treatment if I had some other name....  like "Juicy Fruit"
or "RadCliff"
or "maserbaiter"
or "Johny Wad Sock the Third", I think that ones too long....

but no, I stick with my tried and true name that makes the girls cry :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:48:41 am by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 10:33:38 am »

It is an international community some people are very defensive about their rights that their country granted and fought for. But besides the point being an admin is a responsibility sometimes we feel that bans and approval warnings are biased. I made a joke to lemark that 2238 is serious business and its a full time job when he said something about he wants to play the game and not work. I get warned and need approval for making a joke to a GM favored faction who gets their own custom faction name and have many friends on the developemt team? And the reason for this forum cockblocking was inapproiate activity for making a joke to lemark?

People are going to troll and write the stupid angry things they do because this is a frustrating game and it doesn't help when there is people with GM powers and admin powers on the forum who are free to call people cry babies whiners retards 5 year olds etc... And then ban them for saying one little insult. It also makes no sense that some people get banned for writing one insult while some other people have free reign to snipe and provoke a flame war all day long.

The GM needs to set the example and internet ediquette should also apply to people with administration powers. That is the real battle here, the administrators should also abide by their own rules and not be hypocrites. That is why I have done what I do and do what I do.

Is it fair to ask for GMs not to be biased. Is it fair to ask not favor other players over others. Is it fair to ask not take side in any forum conflict and just delete the crap posts and lock the topic without resorting to an imediate ban just because you do not like the person?

Hardly anything in this game is your propertly the rights belong to bethseda and zenimax corporation you are lucky that they even allow you to reverse engineer, and accept donations for a game they hold the rights to.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:36:56 am by Ville »
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 11:29:53 am »

yeah teh double standards around here are fucking appalling not to mention teh overwhelming hypocrisy

surf's a gr8 example, saying 1 thing but doing another insulting people on irc regularly bcoz he knows he can get away with it (and if u dare respond ur b& of course) and here he dares to talk about some etiquette lulz what a fucking loser and gms haha that's all true too, ur one of their buddies - they'll spawn u all u want+ban every1 u ask them to (as soon as they get teh slightest hint of a chance), and unban u no matter what but if ur not one of them expect gms to never be online to help u+randomly piss u off coz they're bored that's teh reality of this community and I'm so looking forward to another playable fonline server so I can finally ditch this shithole

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 12:01:18 pm »

Consider it as Second Class Medal of Trololol (First Class is ban, of course) and wear it with proud.

And yeah, I always exactly know why I get one.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 12:02:42 pm »

This thread is so hilarious, all "girls" who were banned are now crying how unjustfully banned they were and how the system sucks.
Would like to know, whose crying face is hiding behind Mariposa_Girl forum alt.
Not to mention, Gr1m telling us about forum etiquette is just plain gold.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »

I now have to wait for mod approval for all my posts because I called stalker an idiot.
But other than that i don't know where most of my warnings came from.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 04:39:21 pm »

Don't insult anyone as idiot, asshole, fag or other such descriptions, don't snipe, don't troll, don't flame... then you won't get a warning. It could be so easy, but people must start their insulting internet warfare and then they wonder about getting warned and banned. I personally lost all my tolerance for any of that and as soon as I personally see someone writing like a douchebag, he gets a warning. If the person doesn't stop, I will just give out another warning. It's as simple as that, really. Behave like a grown up and all is fine, at least from my side.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:41:56 pm by Lexx »

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 05:34:35 pm »

Dear Lost Children, you'd better listen to what T-888 and Lexx has said, and think. Take a look at the older member's posts, and try to compare them with yours. Maybe then you'll realize why did you received all of your warnings, and won't ask for a detailed description of a warning next time (though I hope, that there won't be next time, if you'll be following their advices). 
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 18 queries.