"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 03:40:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!  (Read 9469 times)

The Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
« on: August 15, 2012, 01:16:54 am »

Come one, come all to the weekly Open-Mic night! Come listen to the wastelands best and brightest in a No-Holds-Barred Open Mic.  Any and all performances are welcome.  Come sing a song, tell a story, recite a poem!

Hey guys, I'd like to create a social environment at the Maltese Falcon on a semi-regular basis. I'd like to get a player driven conversation with no actual script.  The only thing that will be somewhat "scripted" will be the performances which will be screened through myself and a few others.

Good people, good conversation, some fun and silly acts all to keep your time occupied within the safety of the Hub.

Hope to attract the wastelands best talent to the best stage in the Wasteland!  View below to see what roles need filling, and PM me if you are interested in filling a role!
--------------------------------------------
Date and Time:
August 24th, 2012.
Starts at 7:30 PM EST

---------------------------------------------
Current Participants:
Brujah
Fettel
Lost Soul
Xisingr Will
Mickey Grant
AtomicTurtle
BOS Armorer
Steve S.
Co Plutonyum
Doc.Rockso

---------------------------------------------

What is needed:

-Performers: Any wastelander can sign up for to perform! Just PM me with what you would like to do on stage, and wait for a confirmation!   Please also post a reply on this thread to spread the word! The best part is that with an official scheduling and confirmation of acts, we'll never have a dry moment! Everything should fly by very smoothly.
   Singers
    Musicians
      Poets
        Authors

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:12:05 pm by The Lost Children »
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html
Re: The Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 02:06:54 am »

I am here, where is everybody?
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:21:50 am »

It's a guarded (read: easily trollable) location, so over-organizing is pretty useless. I will drop myself in there from time to time. For some reason the Maltese Falcon is my favorite bar place in the game.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 03:25:49 am »

It's a guarded (read: easily trollable) location, so over-organizing is pretty useless. I will drop myself in there from time to time. For some reason the Maltese Falcon is my favorite bar place in the game.

Understandably, the only thing that will really be organized, is the acts. EVERYONE else is free to just wander around, converse with other bar flies, and hang out.  Looking to really just create a nice social atmosphere with some acts happening up on stage.

Hope to see anyone and everyone there however!

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:56 am »

Sounds like fun to do more of this, i will make sure to come by there when its going on :D
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 03:30:05 am »

Sounds like fun to do more of this, i will make sure to come by there when its going on :D

Glad to have you on board, your being there helps even without signing up for a role! Together we can have a GREAT party at the Falcon!

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:42:14 am »

Why the fuck not...
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 03:42:39 am »

Why the fuck not...

That's the spirit! =D  I hope to get a PM from you with a script, your jokes on stage were pretty funny. And very relevant to the average wastelander. You're like the post-apocalyptic Louie CK =D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:48:55 am by The Lost Children »

BOS Armorer

• Yes, my armor is black, got a problem with that?
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:24:46 pm »

That's the spirit! =D
hmm, sounds nice, rly wish icould come. unfortunately, i wont be able to play for most likely a long time. btw, keep in mind, steve s. held a comedy night in maltese last session. i remember winning the gauss pistol, but its a miracle i didnt lose it. bombers, bursters, and thieves lol. same will be here, im sure
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:33:51 pm »

hmm, sounds nice, rly wish icould come. unfortunately, i wont be able to play for most likely a long time. btw, keep in mind, steve s. held a comedy night in maltese last session. i remember winning the gauss pistol, but its a miracle i didnt lose it. bombers, bursters, and thieves lol. same will be here, im sure

Well I hope not to attract too many raiders and psychos, there is no monetary reward of any sort, there is no competition here.  It is strictly an event for people to chat and socialize and have a few laughs. =]

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 01:24:55 am »

That's the spirit! =D  I hope to get a PM from you with a script, your jokes on stage were pretty funny. And very relevant to the average wastelander. You're like the post-apocalyptic Louie CK =D

I just make shit up.

steve s.

• unity will bring peace to the world
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 02:27:18 am »

yay another one of these! I will definitely try to attend.
before you read anything I write, think the words "This cake tastes like sideburns, and"

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=K_ib4DRYflM&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9D2R_3iog3Hhos86igP0GhZ
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 02:45:12 am »

yay another one of these! I will definitely try to attend.
I more than hope you do, the more the merrier! Please spread the word and tell your friends. We need more roles filled! WE NEED PERFORMERS!

If you or anyone has a mutant or ghoul skin, or any skin that implies a biography more interesting than the majority, PLEASE if you have any creative bone in your body, write a little something to perform!

Maybe it's just a memoir! ANYTHING! Any story, or song, or poem or anything you think is worth sharing probably is!

PM me with a full script of what you would like to perform (if you want to at all) and I'll get back to you with a confirmation!

All scripts sent to me should be grammatically correct in the English language, and if not I will do my best to spell check the scripts. I want everyone to participate! Show your character off guys!

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 02:47:48 pm »

I will definitely come to this event, as long as I'm home at that hour.

Btw, I understand your concerns, but it's really hard to make this kind of event as organized as you imagine. I believe it would be better if you let it flow more freely. I mean, a script? Come on. I appreciate your desire for perfection, but I don't think much people (if anyone) would write down and send you a script for their performance. I'd myself prefer it to be more improvised, rather than preparing for such an event. For example, I'd jump up to the stage and read a poem I made up at that instant. Or whatever comes to my mind.

BOS Armorer

• Yes, my armor is black, got a problem with that?
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 04:36:51 pm »

I will definitely come to this event, as long as I'm home at that hour.

Btw, I understand your concerns, but it's really hard to make this kind of event as organized as you imagine. I believe it would be better if you let it flow more freely. I mean, a script? Come on. I appreciate your desire for perfection, but I don't think much people (if anyone) would write down and send you a script for their performance. I'd myself prefer it to be more improvised, rather than preparing for such an event. For example, I'd jump up to the stage and read a poem I made up at that instant. Or whatever comes to my mind.
He's got a point. I just did that last session and steve gave me the gauss. So it couldn't have been THAT bad
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.