"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 19, 2024, 10:02:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you want to join this event, once all the details are cleared?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: World War II Event  (Read 8227 times)

Re: World War II Event
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »

Vault 15 is too open, the location should be something like themepark or waterworks

BOS Armorer

• Yes, my armor is black, got a problem with that?
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

Vault 15 is too open, the location should be something like themepark or waterworks
Themepark doesn't have enough open space for war, and waterworks either...plus it's not fitting. I'm thinking of something empty, but with a bit of cover. Like those encounters with a couple of rock piles
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »

Tobacco farm should fit your requirements.

P.S. Saying 'Boo' for not adding Soviet Union in conflict. :/
Innocence proves nothing

BOS Armorer

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 04:39:18 am »

Tobacco farm should fit your requirements.

P.S. Saying 'Boo' for not adding Soviet Union in conflict. :/
Then I would have to give the nazis another team, too. Plus, russians don't have any fallout weapons...molotov cocktails, [scoped] hunting rifle being mosin-nagant, and m60 for their machineguns. Not enough weapons...ppsh couldn't be lsw, nor an assault rifle, nor anything else...all weapons are like that. Their pistol is not a deagle, 10mm, or mauser...etc. You get my point, Fear. Of course, I don't know ALL their weapons...my main sources are a couple of books, which all have similar information.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:09:58 am by BOS Armorer »
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!

Pvt.Hudson

• Game Over Man!
    • A.L.L Faction Forum
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 07:54:12 am »

Event like this, is a great idea! Maybe someday it will be organized.
ADA LOVELACE LOVERS - ULTIMATE BADASSES

Grimmi

• Nobody Do that Safe and Fast Trades
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »

WWII so where is a polish soldiers , and polish weapons
Polanns Weapons the best "STEN" "mauser" etc ;D
Masters Of The World
SaBaToN For Ever Guys !!!!

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 01:19:52 pm »

WWII so where is a polish soldiers , and polish weapons
Polanns Weapons the best "STEN" "mauser" etc ;D
I'm sad that Pole is posting without knowledge about his country... just sad (Poles got Stens from Allies drops, and other weapons they captured from Germans....)

h

BOS Armorer

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »

>.> wow....sten is from england, mauser is german...and, as I told redvivius very kindly, if I added Poland, I would have to give the nazis a third team, too. First was usa, as they have a wide selection of weapons, and for second I was debating either england or russia...russia didn't have enough weapons.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 07:33:15 pm »

When is this event?  :P

BOS Armorer

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 08:59:44 pm »

Everything is being planned, location and time not certain yet
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »

Then I would have to give the nazis another weapon, too. Plus, russians don't have any fallout weapons...molotov cocktails, [scoped] hunting rifle being mosin-nagant, and m60 for their machineguns. Not enough weapons...ppsh couldn't be lsw, nor an assault rifle, nor anything else...all weapons are like that. Their pistol is not a deagle, 10mm, or mauser...etc. You get my point, Fear. Of course, I don't know ALL their weapons...my main sources are a couple of books, which all have similar information.

For the lack of better sources at hand, here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT_pistol - dunno, maybe emulate with 10mm? Sure, far-fetched, but better than nothing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVT-40 - may be emulated by hunting rifle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPS_submachine_gun - maybe emulate with grease gun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPSh-41 - emulate with Tommy gun

Nagant revolver may be replaced with the only revolver present in game, that is .44.

There are other weapons, of course, and these are all small guns, but still...
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 06:24:11 pm »

Where is my IS-2/Pershing tank, I want it.

BOS Armorer

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »

For the lack of better sources at hand, here you go
i am tired of repeating myself. please read the other posts. m60 and lsw emulate the countries' hmgs cuz theres no other choice. hunting rifle is already a lee-enfield, a kar98k, an arisaka, and a springfield, as they are generally similar. m3a1 cant be anything as IT ALREADY IS A WW2 WEAPON. please read up on facts before you post. i did say the 10mm would be going too far

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 07:57:50 pm »

I have been told there is some Fallout Tactics mod with WWII equipment. Go play that online instead of trying to make something impossible here :D Just my humble opinion, of course - It's ok if you want to organize an event but I think this particular one is hard to organize and doesn't fit in the Fallout world, at all.

BOS Armorer

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 05:18:26 am »

I have been told there is some Fallout Tactics mod with WWII equipment. Go play that online instead of trying to make something impossible here :D Just my humble opinion, of course - It's ok if you want to organize an event but I think this particular one is hard to organize and doesn't fit in the Fallout world, at all.
why not? :D This game seems often to be nostalgic, actually up to around ww2 times or early post/preww2 times. Anyway, this topic is open to suggestions as to how to improve it or make it easier(it is already possible, eter ;)), but stupid suggestions will not be tolerated lightly. I also know it is a long stretch, as many things have to be made up for, i have to hope players wont jet themselves and bring in gatling lasers in camk2, and fit balanced teams and equipment. So, since this is an event for any willing to follow the rules, and to contribute in planning. So far, as I already said in basically every post, all of the equipment is ww2 guns or ones that closely resemble it without any major differences. Or the m60s, which are there because there has to be some replacement to the heavy machineguns and the emplacements. I hope this will be a success, but even if it fails, I will not be as sad as if it does turn out, but gets ruined. I should have "security", guys in heavy armor and guns who i can trust not to f*ck up waiting at spawn points to make sure noone comes with prohibited gear. Or to kill anyone who turns "aggresive".
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 24 queries.