"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 25, 2024, 12:49:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you want to join this event, once all the details are cleared?

Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: World War II Event  (Read 8245 times)

BOS Armorer

• Yes, my armor is black, got a problem with that?
World War II Event
« on: August 14, 2012, 01:14:49 am »

Even during the last session, I've been thinking of a world war reenactment. As the Fallout series is supposed to be a future-nostalgic game anyway, why not? I am not sure of the time, or the location, or how exactly it would work out. The main problems will be finding a good location, keeping people from bringing in disallowed gear/killing everyone, and finding a time good enough to get more than a handful of people. Basically, this will be a PVP event with only WWII equipment. Equipment is stated in the 14th post.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:21:08 pm by BOS Armorer »
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!

BOS Armorer

Re: World War II Event
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 11:51:02 pm »

Alright, as for the place, I think it will be either V15 or a random encounter. So far, I have only 2 people on board, so please reply here if you support this idea!
Also, I will not be giving away free gear. What you take with you will risk losing, and bring at your own expense!
In-game: BOS Armorer, YourMom, EatDatPlazma, Dismantler, Utility Man, Pwned You, Explorer Man, -NCR Ranger-, The Heavy, Doc Fuckyou, The Sniper, Da Chozen 1, Mr. Sir, Hit me, The Spy, Traveller., The Tank, Generic Name, n00bsack, and still going!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:52:27 pm »

emp grenades?  ???

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 12:11:54 am »

M60 - 1957
Assault Rifle (aka AK-47) - 1949
wakizashi - 15th century
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:05 am »

M60 - 1957
Assault Rifle (aka AK-47) - 1949
wakizashi - 15th century

Eh, the term assault rifle is very broad and can be used to describe world war 2 weaponry I think. I think the STG was an assault rifle?

Actually the BAR stands for BROWNING ASSAULT RIFLE.

But the M60 is definitely Vietnam era.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 03:25:07 am »

One could just pretend the M60 is a Browning 1919A1 for the duration of this event.

You cant run with it so it most likely would be used defensive anyways. No point walking into a hail of huntingrifles shooting at you.

The best choice for BG is RL since leatherarmors gonna be the rule.

Maybe throw out the AR, and just let the M60 be the only longrange burst weapon, otherwise noone is gonna bring 1.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 03:32:29 am »

The assault rifle is actually AK-112 ;)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 04:06:31 am »

What if there was D-Day Event, that will be awesome.
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 04:22:06 am »

The assault rifle is actually AK-112 ;)

Oh okay, lol my bad, never read the description. XD
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html

BOS Armorer

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 05:07:19 am »

One could just pretend the M60 is a Browning 1919A1 for the duration of this event.

You cant run with it so it most likely would be used defensive anyways. No point walking into a hail of huntingrifles shooting at you.

The best choice for BG is RL since leatherarmors gonna be the rule.

Maybe throw out the AR, and just let the M60 be the only longrange burst weapon, otherwise noone is gonna bring 1.
Those are the lines I was thinking of. M60 can be a browning or something, assault rifle could be stg or mp40(different mag but hey), rocket launcher could be bazooka or panserfaust, [scoped] hunting rifle is a [scoped] kar98, sniper rifle too modern, lsw as well, calling 10mm pistol a .45 colt would be taking it too far. Thompsons had 20, 30, 50, or 100 size clips based on the cartridge, so 75 isnt too much :) If I was doing it exactly, we would all be fighting with too limited a choice of weapons. And what I meant about wakizashi is noone used it, except the japanese. Plus, srlsly you people can limit yourselves in melee. Nazis did NOT run around with shivs and hammers at the allies, and the allies didn't throw plant spikes at the nazis. I'm ruling out only the ones that can't be in there(i will make wakizashi usable), so anything available in those times can be used, however silly it may be. I know I'm stretching this really far, but if it goes half right, this will be a very enjoyable event that many will realize they have wanted to see. Or something like this.
@TheLostChildren BAR is actually the Browning Automatic Rifle :) Browning m1919 is a heavy machinegun and a different weapon.
@S.T.A.L.K.E.R that would be similar to this, but also a good idea.
@Redvivus As stated above, too little choice if it was complete without some pretending. The wakizashi was my mistake, however, as japanese officers did use swords.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:22:43 pm by BOS Armorer »

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 09:46:54 am »

Before I get a complaint about this, hitler DID work on plans for a gatling gun.
Also, WIP seperating weapons into groups by country. Also deciding if it will be countries, or just nazis vs allies. So just 2 groups, or more. Any suggestions on this or hardships it could cause will be appreciated.

As far as Gatling gun was introduced as it is in 1870s - i think it can surely be added as a gun for supersoldier.
If you're really want to add assault rifle and M60 in this - make them limited. It would be strange to see squads of german officers running here and there or regiment of machine-gunners holding some position.
Innocence proves nothing

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 09:58:00 am »

As far as Gatling gun was introduced as it is in 1870s - i think it can surely be added as a gun for supersoldier.

Those gatlling guns required a 6 man crew to operate, and a horse to carry it around.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 10:16:17 am »

Would Hitler be able to win?
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 03:27:45 pm »

You should just use the grease gun as it's historically accurate

BOS Armorer

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 04:19:50 pm »

Alright, I will keep updating this post to make it accurate: There will be TWO teams, but FOUR countries to choose from.
America: Leather Armor Mark II, Combat Helmet. Weapon limits: Tommygun, M3A1, Hunting Rifle, M60, Rocket Launcher, Scoped Hunting Rifle, Flamer, pipe rifle, Shotgun, .44 Revolver(with/out speedloader) All melee/throwing weapons except plasma/emp grenades, supersledge, wakizashi, and hth/melee that use sec.
England: Leather Jackets, Combat Helmets. Weapon Limits: Minigun, rocket launcher, sawn off shotgun, .44 revolver(speedloader), pipe rifle, Hunting rifle(scope), Assault Rifle, all allowed melee/throwing except plasma, emp, supersledge, wakizashi, and all hth/melee using sec.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Japan: Leather Armors, Combat Helmets. Weapon Restrictions: Assault Rifle, (scoped)Huning Rifle, M60, pipe rifle, light support weapon. All melee and throwing allowed except plasma/emp grenades, supersledge, and all hth/melee using sec.
Germany: Combat Leather Jackets, Combat Helmets. Weapon Restrictions: Mauser, assault rifle(exp mag), M60, flamer, rocket launcher, Hunting Rifle(scoped). All melee/throwing allowed except plasma/emp grenades, supersledge, wakizashi, and all hth/melee using sec.
LOCATION will be most likely Vault 15.
All teams may take healing powders, buffout, cigarettes, lighters, first aid kits, or doctor's bags. If you take some jet or psycho on world map, SHAME ON YOU
Supersoldier is cancelled.
Just a reminder, I will not be providing gear for everyone.
Please post any comments, uncertainties, or mistakes to correct.
Some weapons were changed from similar ones actually used so that there is more choice.
The poll is only to see how many people this event will have.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:31:59 pm by BOS Armorer »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.